Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I just don't get blood...

Quote Originally Posted by Azers
    most people dont get blood and think its a bad spec becuase deathstrike usually doens't do as much damage as obliterate or scourge strike would. While that is entirely the case, blood DKs get the talent death rune mastery and open with diseases, a deathstrike, and then can hit heart strike 4x in a row (having to runic dump of course) and the benefit to this is if a SS crits for like 11k a heartstrike will crit for like 7-8k, and since when you used deathstrike your frost and unholy runes become death runes and since heartstrike doesn't use 2 runes, only 1 blood, for those death runes you can get 2 heartstrikes off instead of getting 1 [obliterate, DS, SS] off.

total dps really depends on trash and adds tho, dks do alot of dmg to non primary targets, but for 1v1 scenarios, blood comes out on top.
    My Deathstrike crits for anywhere between 9k-14k. How does that not hit so hard? Granted, we don't use it as much as SS is used by Unholy DK's but i've seen really high heart strikes a plenty

ohh jesus people. it's been proven many times on ej and here
    10/0/61 is the best spec at the moment with BiS

the other specs are not far behind but they do fall behind.
    blood isn't bad by any stretch and other unholy specs aren't bad. frost isn't even bad. but 10/0/61 reigns king at the moment with BiS and perfect rotation.

does this mean you'll do more dmg with 10/0/61? most likely, but not guaranteed. you may be better at frost or blood rotations or may have gear that supports one of them more.

get over it

and Azers it hits hard, not as hard as Obliterate tho. Obli will hit harder with proper spec+gear vs Death Strike with proper spec+gear

it's just a thing. Blood however can stage a long string of Heart Strikes which will do more dmg overall.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

But deathstrike doesn't really improve your disease on the target, that's y sometimes you can't do higher than OB and SS, beside you can crit 14k all the times...i haven't see that yet
    Blood is a combine dps and self healing spec, it won't be the top dps, but it can help you live longer, and you can solo some 60s raid for sure, pretty fun isn't it

first thing is your training dummy has no armor, so all of your ArP is going to waste in the blood spec,

i would suggest if you could getting the blood spec as your secondary and trying it on a farm boss in uldar (your guild should be open to it since blood provides some utility to your raid with the 10% AP buff, unless you already have a blood DK in your raids). you will see as the more uldar gear you get with the ArP on it the harder your HS and DS will hit the boss.

Not to mention, whoever said DS doesnt do as much as Obliterate, is an idiot, talented and with the glyph your DS does way more dmg than oblit and giving you the death runes to HS spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Here we go again...

Proof please?
    Go look on Elitistjerks.... is it that hard for you?

I won't go find it for you if thats what you're after...
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

Quote Originally Posted by WorriorLee
    But deathstrike doesn't really improve your disease on the target, that's y sometimes you can't do higher than OB and SS, beside you can crit 14k all the times...i haven't see that yet
    Blood is a combine dps and self healing spec, it won't be the top dps, but it can help you live longer, and you can solo some 60s raid for sure, pretty fun isn't it
    actually right now they are very close the top dps. so you are wrong my good man
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    actually right now they are very close the top dps. so you are wrong my good man
    Yep, /no more ArP please...
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    Here we go again...

Proof please?
    It's clearly been proven on EJ and even here so don't be lazy go find the proof yourself, don't wait for links to threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tysla
    So, for everyone saying that because Elitist Jerks said so, therefor it's the best, you aren't looking at the greater picture.
    EJ factors in fight movements, they even have tables to represent the dps increase gained by such things as run speed increase enchants and imp unholy presence
    all hail king frost strike

overall from what I've seen so far is blood is pretty sick when it comes to single target / boss mobs where they are really decent. But when it comes to mobs/boss with large amounts of trash I believe that's where unholy cleans up. Overall I would do what some others say get or have dual spec and try each out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysla
    Yes, 0/10/51 has been proven to be the best spec. But, you also have to take into consideration that it's with BiS gear, optimal buffs, and in a fight that requires no movement whatsoever. So, with that being said, 0/10/61 in a realistic situation isn't guaranteed to do the most dps. So, for everyone saying that because Elitist Jerks said so, therefor it's the best, you aren't looking at the greater picture.
    wait didn't i say exactly this earlier?

given BiS gear and perfect rotations and situation, 0/10/61 is best
    however the other specs are not so far behind as to be unable to catch them if you outgear or outplay a 0/10/61 dk

gear may smooth out as you farm ulduar, but as long as you PLAY better, you'll do more dmg

a well played frost will do more dps then a bad 0/10/61