[Mock Talent] Replacement for Lolwell

Just following a trend.

Great for pve, op for pvp. Want to save mana but need to go crazy in pve? Activate Redemption. Focused in pvp? Activate Redemption and you can't die. Side affect is just there to make it less op...but it still is.

It can replace lolwell. Not that there's anything wrong with lolwell, but since it's under appreciated how about we replace it with a more useful talent?

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Re: [Mock Talent] Replacement for Lolwell

It's mana cost is to low, it should be 15% total mana to balance it a little more, but it's OP in PvP.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Not sure how to go about balancing it in PvP other than giving it a ridiculous cooldown that makes it not usable in Arenas, but my take on it was that Spirit of Redemption should be an active ability: kill yourself, get 15 seconds of free heals. I also think it should refresh the cooldown on Guardian Spirit and Lightwell.

And then of course you're dead.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Not bad, but the arena QQ would be just too much. Honestly, I had first wished lightwell to be a large incoming AoE counter. Of course, DH now fits that roll.

How about Holy Form? I know its been beaten to death, but I'm always envious of Spriests and their special graphic. =)

Holy Form:
    (1) Assume "Holy Form" and become the embodiment of incorporeal light.
    (2) Increases healing done by 15% (adjust other talents to make this less OP if needed) **OR** Reduces the cost of your healing spells by X%.
    (3) Chance for attacks to miss/damage reduced by X%
    (4) Cannot cannot cast shadow spells with the exception of shadowfiend (or w/e else isn't OP).

I know its too much to ask, but blizz could even make each race have a different graphic based on their belief system (ie- NE: Elune, Dwarf/Human: "The Light", Draenai: Naruu, Troll: Voodoo, Undead: hmm, this would be a challenge since their system is based on the shadow, BE: "Corrupted Light").

But regardless, as nice as Lightwell is... and as much as I cast it while holy... and as much as everyone agrees with me that it doesn't suck, no one clicks it. Either the raid moves and is no longer near it, or people just forget its there, or the fight does not lend itself to folks being grouped up and stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Undead: hmm, this would be a challenge since their system is based on the shadow, BE: "Corrupted Light"
    Uhm you mean like... shadow?

Sorry to be the nay-sayer here but it does seem quite OP for PvP, perhaps reduce the PvP duration to like 10 seconds and have it add a forbearance type effect.

Well, it would obviously have to be a different graphic than "shadowform", I just don't know what would be the best graphic representation for an undead holy priest. Its a little counter intuitive from a lore/logic perspective. (Yes, its a game w/ orcs & blah blah blah.... but fireballs shoot fire, icebolts shoot ice... there is a framework in which the game exists.)

I suppose they could just use the human graphic, but that would be a cop out.

If you see someone do that in arena, you just run away until the effect ends since the person can't move. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    If you see someone do that in arena, you just run away until the effect ends since the person can't move. Problem solved.

Why would you run away though? It can only cast heals. And if you want to run away to LoS him from his team they are not likely to follow if they are in any danger?

15+ Year Old Account

I think the concept of lightwell is rather fitting for a priest, but the execution is just bad. So why not change it to something like:

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I think the concept of lightwell is rather fitting for a priest, but the execution is just bad. So why not change it to something like:

This actuallly sounds like something I'd use.

Under 35% is maybe a bit too low and makes the talent really situational, maybe 40% would be a better coefficent. After all I know nobody who uses the talent under it's actual form. Sometimes I wonder how Blizz is working on talents. They just keep the same dumb stuff for years...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    Under 35% is maybe a bit too low and makes the talent really situational, maybe 40% would be a better coefficent. After all I know nobody who uses the talent under it's actual form. Sometimes I wonder how Blizz is working on talents. They just keep the same dumb stuff for years...
    Well I thought all of 10 seconds when coming up with the talent. Numbers could obviously be tweaked. Maybe not an instant heal at 35%, but a good hot at 50%. But something smart, not something players have to activly use to get healed.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I liked the idea about the holy-form...if you're asking how it could be looking just go to sunwell some dudes in there got the form allready..pre wotlk we joked allready all holy priests would look like a holy-lollypop with glitter xD but i don't think they gonna implant this feature...

[quote][quote=AetherMcLoud ]

this sounds very tempting...but i allready see the crying from druids and palas that priest got to many smart healing spells allready... :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by silverfuture
    this sounds very tempting...but i allready see the crying from druids and palas that priest got to many smart healing spells allready... :-\
    Just tell them:

"Smart healers use smart heals. Oh, you don't have smart heals? Oh..." :P

standard crying in my raid xD

you priests just have to reclick your circle of healing and your prayer of mending...but us palas...bla bla....poor palas xD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Just tell them:

"Smart healers use smart heals. Oh, you don't have smart heals? Oh..." :P

Good healers don't need smart heals to be good, we just know when to heal :P

imo a holy form would be pritty sick.

make us glow and shit and give us pally wings but bigger! better! hahaha then all shal bow down to us! ;D

but i dunno make it increase healing done by 5% and reduces dmg taken by w/e shadow form has, and not being able to cast damaging spells while in it.

Ugh. Please not holyform again.

Give us 5% more healing done and suddenly, our heals will be balanced against it. Net result is that we gained nothing and lost whatever the holyform penalized you for.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie

Good healers don't need smart heals to be good, we just know when to heal :P
    Gief more smart heals, I want to go AFK while healing, like some other type of players can.

I'd enjoy something like:

Improved Spirit of Redemption:

Gives the Priest a 50/100% chance to be redeemed by the Light and be miraculously returned to life with 50% health and 25% mana after the Spirit of Redemption effect ends. For 15 seconds after this redemption, you will not lose durability if you are struck down in combat again. The Light will not redeem those who are hostile (flagged), but will give them 20% increased healing while the priest remains as a Spirit. Cannot occur more than once every 30 minutes.

Glyph: (Major) Increases the amount of health/mana you return with due to the Imp. Spirit of Redemption effect by 100%. (100% health, 50% mana)
    Glyph: (Minor) Decreases the cooldown on Imp. Spirit of Redemption by 10 minutes.

I'd give Holy Priests something over disc priests, as they'd essentially have a more potent Reincarnation, which is why it's talented, however, it cannot be stopped, which if you're about to wipe, you'd waste it, which would balance it out compared to Ankh.

EDIT: Rephrased the wont work for PvP thing. And it would only not proc in arena/bgs. World PvP, Instances, etc, it'd still work.