Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Healing Bonus Ulduar

Can anyone please tell me the minimum healing bonus I have to have to enter Ulduar?

Cause once I reach 80 I really wan to try Ulduar never tried it before. But I just need to be sure for minimum Healing Bonus.

Ty
    Banned.

Re: *Healing Bonus Ulduar +/-*

Disc or Holy?

Also - Spellpower is a very bad benchmark for healing priests in general, (and holypriests in special). You don't ask your holypaladin what his manaregen is, it's almost equally silly to ask priests for their spellpower. It's "large enough" for all practical purposes almost regardless of gear.

Unless you are still clad in greens. And I don't believe you are, thinking about entering Ulduar.

To your question:
    For Ulduar, you will need to be full-epic. That's not a hard requirement, but you will need serious skill to cover shortcomings in gear. You will be expected to heal nonstop for 10 minutes. If your manapool and regen is not up to it, you will be in trouble or will need to be carried by the other healers. If your healthpool is below 18k buffed, you will also be in trouble, as the damage flying about is very hard. And a dead healer in Ulduar is almost always a wipe.

That said, Ulduar is not that hard a gearcheck for healers as it is a skillcheck. If you cannot watch healthbars and the 3D world at the same time, you are going to die. If you cannot move out of large obvious zones of damage, you are going to die. If you cannot keep track of when the boss is going to go bananas with additional damage, you and your tank is going to die. If you cannot rapidly change between targets, the ones you heal are going to die. Ulduar highly favors healers who are flexible at what they do, manage to measure the flow of the fight, and adapt.

In short, Ulduar highly favors the priest way of healing.

Get rid of your greens, replace them with itemlevel 200+ items, preferrably from naxx runs, and you should be ready to roll.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Around 2000 spellpower and you should do fine, without Inner Fire of course. Ulduar is fairly easy to heal. I healed a alt 10man run up to Mimiron in my off-spec gear (I play shadow normally).

Also - Spellpower is a very bad benchmark for healing priests in general, (and holypriests in special). You don't ask your holypaladin what his manaregen is, it's almost equally silly to ask priests for their spellpower. It's "large enough" for all practical purposes almost regardless of gear.
    No , it's not.

Because around 2000 spellpower will equal gear that have all the other necessary stats. Unless the OP is a complete retard that will ignore all other stats, something I doubt (those people don't ask questions).

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Disc or Holy?

Unless you are still clad in greens. And I don't believe you are, thinking about entering Ulduar.

To your question:
    For Ulduar, you will need to be full-epic. That's not a hard requirement, but you will need serious skill to cover shortcomings in gear. You will be expected to heal nonstop for 10 minutes. If your manapool and regen is not up to it, you will be in trouble or will need to be carried by the other healers. If your healthpool is below 18k buffed, you will also be in trouble, as the damage flying about is very hard. And a dead healer in Ulduar is almost always a wipe.

That said, Ulduar is not that hard a gearcheck for healers as it is a skillcheck. If you cannot watch healthbars and the 3D world at the same time, you are going to die. If you cannot move out of large obvious zones of damage, you are going to die. If you cannot keep track of when the boss is going to go bananas with additional damage, you and your tank is going to die. If you cannot rapidly change between targets, the ones you heal are going to die. Ulduar highly favors healers who are flexible at what they do, manage to measure the flow of the fight, and adapt.

Omg thats a nice text ty for typing it this big

And I wanna stay Disc, holy is kinda booring

In short, Ulduar highly favors the priest way of healing.

Get rid of your greens, replace them with itemlevel 200+ items, preferrably from naxx runs, and you should be ready to roll.
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Around 2000 spellpower and you should do fine, without Inner Fire of course.
    I'd say thats the threshold to start being able to carry other healers.

Also, for Disc, 2k without IF is significantly more difficult than Holy. I sit at 2070 totally unbuffed, but I'm well enchanted and what isn't ilvl213 is ilvl226.

Edit: Typo

No , it's not.
    I think we agree on this, Nezoia, the major point being that if a holypriest picks up the spirit staff enchant instead of the spellpower staff enchant, that's a huge difference in spellpower, but it's not nescessarily that much worse. Even for a discpriest. Okay, maybe for a discpriest. But you understand what I'm saying :P

I just hate the spellpower benchmark. In TBC, I stacked regen over anything else, and ended up at an awesome manaregen as holy, enabling me to easily down Illidan on a weekly basis with my guild. I had full BT gear, and felt damned powerful.

But I didn't even pass 2k plushealing. Which meant that no pug wanted to take me.
    It probably saved me from a lot of anguish when I think about it, but it did hurt my pride a bit at the same time.
    Spellpower isn't what you measure a priest after. It's as you say, itemlevel.
    And for that, I mostly look at the HP levels of my peers. Nothing screams "undergeared" like a 16k HP buffed priest.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    Can anyone please tell me the minimum healing bonus I have to have to enter Ulduar?

Cause once I reach 80 I really wan to try Ulduar never tried it before. But I just need to be sure for minimum Healing Bonus.

Ty
    If you have to ask what level of "healing bonus" you need, then you don't belong there, let me just tell you that much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

2k SP
    25% Holy Crit
    400 I5SR

Unbuffed

Is a decent start to 25 man Ulduar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    2k SP
    25% Holy Crit
    400 I5SR

Unbuffed

Is a decent start to 25 man Ulduar.
    I could say 2.5k SP, 30% crit and 425 mp5. I could. And it has nothing to do with skill whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    If you have to ask what level of "healing bonus" you need, then you don't belong there, let me just tell you that much.
    If this is the only thing you have to say, then you don't belong here, let me just tell you that.

I could say 2.5k SP, 30% crit and 425 mp5. I could. And it has nothing to do with skill whatsoever.
    Its cool you could say something, this proves you are better then OP.

And why are you using that color you're typing in?

Skill scales with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by hexflameshocklavaburstlol
    If this is the only thing you have to say, then you don't belong here, let me just tell you that.

She references the lolsmite spec in her sig. You are expecting too much :-p

For u -10m, i'd say for holy: 1.8 - 2k spellpower, around 14-18% crit, 250-300 ish mp5s or for discipline: 1.5 - 1.8k spellpower, around 15% crit or more, and 17k-19k mana pool. Both refering to self buff (including Divine Spirit and Inner Fire).

For u - 25m. i'd say for holy: 2 - 2.2k spellpower, around 20-30% crit, 350-400 ish mp5s or for discipline: 1.8-2k spellpower, around 22% crit or more, and 19k or more mana pool. Both refering to self buff (including Divine spirit and Inner fire).

(from my experiance: gear as a healer is less important, but you still need some basic stats or you heals won't be strong enough - causing you to need to re-cast them often which end to mana problems. i have done most uldar 10m hard modes - except mimiron and yogg w/o keepers - i did with 1, did all of them with 2 healers - with 2.7k spellpower, 27% crit and 273 mp5s self buffed with divine spirit and inner focus. Atm my got already better gear from our 25m. but wth 2.7 spellpower self buffed u - 10m and u - 25m none hard mode its pretty much a joke to heal, so i assumed you need less then the stats i had to fill u - 10/25m).

to danner: spellpower is something that rises as you get more shiney epics, every 'upgrade' is always cause it has more spellpower, spirit, int, crit, haste, sockets etc. almost every shiney upgrade will increase your spellpower. i have yet to see a priest in nax 25m gear - even if he gemed for stamina, with less then 2.2k healing. our talents translate most of our gear into spell power - upgrading your spirit will upgrade your spellpower, higher item level gear has more spellpower. spellpower is a good (yet not the best) way to see where the healer stands. what would you answer if you heard about a healer saying "i have 1.2k spellpower. 250 mp5s and 10% crit, how can i get more spellpower?". cause my answer would be "get more gear" 1,2k spellpower translates to me into blues/greens and maybe 1-2 epics. what i mean is spellpower is a great way to know where you are standing, or for someone to find out where the priest is standing. unless i know that the guy can play i won't got with less then 1.8k spellpower holy priest to u- 10. simpley cause i don't know the guy it only leaves his stats, low spellpower will indicate lack of gear (i am not saying a skilled player can't get threw u-10m with less spellpower, ofc he can, but lets face it: we aren't all skilled).

Quote Originally Posted by hexflameshocklavaburstlol
    What I have to say is no amount of gear will make you a good priest to heal Ulduar 25's.

This proves that you still fail to get the point. DPS have hardline "minimums" to have, those would be bare DPS to dish out, hitcap (except for ret paladins), expertise cap if melee, etc.

Healers, on the other hand, have little to actually go by. The strains placed on you for Ignis are different than what's required for Mimiron or Razorscale, and the real strength of a priest is the ability to adapt regardless of what gearset you're wearing (if you're like one of those nuts that does multi-gearset for Holy).

Because I've been doing it since long before MMO-Champion existed. I do it because it's a force-of-habit. It's my favorite color, it's easy to spot on a page on any board (including ones without the [New] post button), and I don't even need to read most posts to realise when they're quoting me.

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    She references the lolsmite spec in her sig. You are expecting too much :-p
    Smite's a pet project, and it's fun. I'd love to see all the angst on the typical twelve-year-old Shadow Priest's face if they ever gave holy a tier 4 talent granting bonus strike damage (requiring 2 points in Searing Light, obviously).

"WE ARE THE DPS NOT THEM QQ".

And 9/10 forums will ban you for doing it ;-)

And 9/10 forums will ban you for doing it ;-)
    9/10 forums think people do it to impersonate a Moderator, or Dev, or something else. It's open-ended BBCode, seriously.

Also: 9/10 statistics are made up on the spot.

What I have to say is no amount of gear will make you a good priest to heal Ulduar 25's.
    did you just reference Ulduar to being hard?

I have never properly healed any instance since kara and i was able heal most of 10 man Ulduar without an issue.
    (inc Ignis, mim and hodir)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    did you just reference Ulduar to being hard?

I have never properly healed any instance since kara and i was able heal most of 10 man Ulduar without an issue.
    (inc Ignis, mim and hodir)
    He/She said 25 mans stryk <_<

Even some of the 10 man hard modes are only compareable to Black Temple (cept freya +3 which is actually a spawn of satan.)

25 man encounters are generally still fairly easy, mostly until the watchers, which involve alot alot more effort and focus, and alot of the hard modes are close to as brutal as sunwell was to heal.

~Anyway, its presumed you'd be coming out of naxx 10/25 before entering Uld 10/25 (ive tried doing leviathan on a fresh 80 alt. Yeah siege vehicles with like 50k health... Not fun.:'( ) As disc, coming out of naxx you should have around 1800ish SP without Inner Fire, 22-25% Holy Crit, and a 19000ish mana pool. Disc is fairly forgiving in terms of spellpower for alot of ulduar.

Ulduar is meant to be easy, on non-hardmode. Understand it already ffs.

im at 1954 healing, 338/566 regen and 20% crit

i don't raid ulduar much, but im usually used as a sub in 10man. did Mimiron last night with our b-string 10man because they needed a healer.. ran oom after phase 3... not my fault, since people were taking lots of needless damage.

ulduar isn't that hard. just need people to do their job. if somebody isn't doing their job then you are going to suffer.
    It's just a game.