1. #1
    Mechagnome Kuismar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Grim Guzzler
    Posts
    662

    Third Jeweler's Gem

    I already got the Spell Power & the Intel, but can't decide for Holy if I want to go for the Crit or the Spirit for the third spot. With the Spirit changes Intel is our biggest mana gain overall (with regens spells working of % of mana) but that not to say Spirit isn't important. But with the big Crit gem SoL would proc more, meaning more free heals. Opinions?

  2. #2

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    You know, you can use 3x runed dragon's eye, if that's what you wanted.
    Don't have to use 3 different ones.

  3. #3

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    he wants to know the stats of the gem he should take.

  4. #4

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanceflex
    You know, you can use 3x runed dragon's eye, if that's what you wanted.
    Don't have to use 3 different ones.
    Just to elaborate, you cannot have more than 3 dragonseyes cut in your gear at once.

    Those 3 you place in your gear, can be all 3 of the same type though, which is what the guy above me said.

    FYI, if you do the spellpower ones, put them in blue slots in your gear, since they are prismatic and count for any color, making the gem plot bonus easier to obtain. The other perk of being a JC, is once you have 3 in your gear, you never need to worry about trying to gem to satisfy your meta gem requirement again. You will automatically have it since they count as all colors.

    This space for rent.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Kuismar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Grim Guzzler
    Posts
    662

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Teaches me not to read the fine print. Was thinking each type was Unique equipped along with the 3 gem max.

    Well if that is the case, using the weights I have found for 3.1 itemization my best option would be 3 Intel Gems.

    Weights;
    Crit -.38
    Haste - .31
    Intel - .75
    MP5 - 1.0
    Spell - .60
    Spirit - .67

  6. #6

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuismar
    Teaches me not to read the fine print. Was thinking each type was Unique equipped along with the 3 gem max.

    Well if that is the case, using the weights I have found for 3.1 itemization my best option would be 3 Intel Gems.

    Weights;
    Crit -.38
    Haste - .31
    Intel - .75
    MP5 - 1.0
    Spell - .60
    Spirit - .67
    Is that from EJ? If not, check there. http://elitistjerks.com/f76/

    I don't play a Pally, but I am aware that Int converts to an amount of spellpower, but I cannot imagine that int would be better than pure spellpower. Then again I have been wrong before in my life, and it may happen again before I die.
    This space for rent.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Kuismar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Grim Guzzler
    Posts
    662

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Is that from EJ? If not, check there. http://elitistjerks.com/f76/

    I don't play a Pally, but I am aware that Int converts to an amount of spellpower, but I cannot imagine that int would be better than pure spellpower. Then again I have been wrong before in my life, and it may happen again before I die.
    Sorry this is for my Priest, its in that forum.

  8. #8

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinvarrus
    he wants to know the stats of the gem he should take.
    No, he doesn't. He thinks he has to choose 3 diff gems, which he doesn't realize. it says Unique-Equip(3) or something like that, so he gets to choose different if he wants, or 3 of the same if he wants. As a priest, stick with 3 intellect DE's or 3 spell power DE's. NEVER gem for straight crit, and gemming for straight up spirit in every slot is kind of dumb too :-) Good Luck!

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Kuismar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Grim Guzzler
    Posts
    662

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by wogwog
    No, he doesn't. He thinks he has to choose 3 diff gems, which he doesn't realize. it says Unique-Equip(3) or something like that, so he gets to choose different if he wants, or 3 of the same if he wants. As a priest, stick with 3 intellect DE's or 3 spell power DE's. NEVER gem for straight crit, and gemming for straight up spirit in every slot is kind of dumb too :-) Good Luck!
    THIS. I misread the gems. Just started playing my priest again and messing with the JC now that I have the gear for it. Didn't realize they made it just 3 gems the old ones were one of each type.

  10. #10

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    I gem pure SP except Sp/Int or Sp/Spi if the bonus is good enough. Don't see a reason to do anything else.

  11. #11

    Re: Third Jeweler's Gem

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuismar
    I already got the Spell Power & the Intel, but can't decide for Holy if I want to go for the Crit or the Spirit for the third spot. With the Spirit changes Intel is our biggest mana gain overall (with regens spells working of % of mana) but that not to say Spirit isn't important. But with the big Crit gem SoL would proc more, meaning more free heals. Opinions?
    For holy you shouldn't really be stacking pure SP unless you have low SP. Pure SP gems, as a healer, are generally a waste- for red slots I have all Orange Gems. I use my Dragon's eyes to get stats that i feel im lacking for whatever reason be it from gear drops or a general 'feel'. I like stacking Int for replenishment bonuses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •