Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battleground Reputation - US Player needed.

I singed up for this issue.

I am trying to get exalted with the BG factions but it's a bit too anoying at the moment.
    Pre-BC you got the same rep each bg then now, but you got rep from the honor-repeatable-quest and you could make groups to rule ab and ws fast. Nowdays invitation queue for premade grps are enourmously long and you will face similar grps as opponents.

In fact rep gain is about triple as hard as it was these days.

You need 420 AB wins to get exalted which is over 100 hours each bg. (if youn win EVERYTIME with 3-4 bases permanently). In fact it will be around 200 hours.

So I need a US-Player to start a thread for this issue in the US-forums. I want repgain in bgs to be around 3 times as it is right now. Plz help, sience we EU-Players are totally fucked up when it comes to making improvements to this game.

Don't flame plz
    English is not my main language so the text might suck but i hope you'll understand.

Thx

Re: Battlegroup Reputation - US Player needed.

friend of mine ground exalted with AB back in vanilla wow. he played in pugs and lost near every game. thats alliance in eu misery for you (it is funny i have a horde lock in it and you just cant loose) it took him something like 4 months permanently farming night after night.

in respect for the effort he and other players put in i think you should either man up and do the work or face the fact you simply lack the grapes the title requires and live with out it

Re: Battleground Reputation - US Player needed.

its simple:

blizz has made EVERY rep gain easier sience vanilla:

every single one has been made easyier but the bg repgains have been made harder, and i think this was by mistake

ive done a lot repgrinds and i did most of them prenerf but this here is different, as you are simply fucked, if you havent done it back there in vanilla
    So is this fair? is this good for any reason? I dont think so, and it clearly doesent fit in blizzards usual habit.

i think they simply didnt think about this change, so someone has to tell them

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zunkanar
    i think they simply didnt think about this change, so someone has to tell them
    I find it arrogant, to say the least, to think you have thought of something Blizzard, nor the other 12 million players have thought of...

Really though.
    Buff BG rep gains.
    There's a slow grind, and then there's post-2.0 conqueror title grind.
    Shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    I find it arrogant, to say the least, to think you have thought of something Blizzard, nor the other 12 million players have thought of...
    if you would read blueposts and the threads they write in, you would know, that it is normal atm, that some players make obvious suggestions and blizz implements them in a inor future patch

blizz reads the forums because they know, that they dont think of everything. so if any us player could write about this in a good manner they would probably read.

i i am wrong, then ill be wrong. but if i am right it would improve this issue for many, so its worth it.

it sucks not to be able to write in US-forums...

The slow grinding of BG reputation is basically the only thing that is left unchanged since vanilla.
    (..exept for the AV rep, that is way faster now then it was grinding AV in vanilla).

There is a lot of people who put a great effort into getting the Justicar title.
    I for one don't think it would be fair, or logical, in anyway, to make this grind easier.
    It would be devastating tbh.

Get your shit together and put more then one week into something, and EARN the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi
    The slow grinding of BG reputation is basically the only thing that is left unchanged since vanilla.
    (..exept for the AV rep, that is way faster now then it was grinding AV in vanilla).

There is a lot of people who put a great effort into getting the Justicar title.
    I for one don't think it would be fair, or logical, in anyway, to make this grind easier.
    It would be devastating tbh.

Get your shit together and put more then one week into something, and EARN the title.
    Just...no.
    It's not unchanged since vanilla, it's much, much, much slower.
    Like, a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Prandur
    Just...no.
    It's not unchanged since vanilla, it's much, much, much slower.
    Like, a ton.
    true so true.

all i want is, that it is as easy as in vanilla again, nothing nerfed to vanilla.

Atmoment it is (if you play 5 hours a day just ws/ab) around 6 Weeks for ab and another 6 weeks for ws.
    thats 3 months of everyday 5 hours bg grinding which is plain stupid.
    with a change it would be like one month, which is still a good amount of time

Bring back the rep mark turnin quest tbh.
    Then you get to chose between farming honor or rep.

And it won't take a year of AB to get exalted.

15+ Year Old Account

Keep it as it is imo. You can get tons of way to easy titles nowadays. Conqueror on the other hand is one of the few ''title-worthy title'' (How I call them) left in the game, together with Gladiator and maybe one or a few PvE titles (not really into that so I can't say)

If you want some easy title's, go farm the events/achievements which are ALL already way to easy.

( ..Glad I had it back in Vanilla ;D )

EDIT; Offtopic: They should add a faction for Sota/Eots! > >

AB is an ez grind to exalted status.. wait for that WSG grind.. it'll make your eyes bleed

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian

If you want some easy title's, go farm the events/achievements which are ALL already way to easy.

( ..Glad I had it back in Vanilla ;D )
    Thats the typical stupid answer here.

"I made it when it was easy, now its hard, keep it hard noone else get it as easy as i got it rofllol"

All i want is, that it should be the same way it was back in vanilla. No nerf, no easymode, just fair and not completely stupid.
    Everyone who did it back there in vanilla did it for epics and it was alot easier then. now its for nothing AND its alot harder. Thats simply pointless...

So anyone plz do a post about this one in the US-Forums as we europeans are not involved in blizzards balancing discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zunkanar
    Thats the typical stupid answer here.

"I made it when it was easy, now its hard, keep it hard noone else get it as easy as i got it rofllol"

All i want is, that it should be the same way it was back in vanilla. No nerf, no easymode, just fair and not completely stupid.
    Everyone who did it back there in vanilla did it for epics and it was alot easier then. now its for nothing AND its alot harder. Thats simply pointless...

So anyone plz do a post about this one in the US-Forums as we europeans are not involved in blizzards balancing discussion.
    easier back in vanilla? wtf? i did it as a Ret wearing Lawbringer and Ice Barbed Spear. you try auto-attacking your way to a win with banana shoulders.

you probably want a Grand Marshall/Warlord title too
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

So, it was easy back in Vanilla? Without crossrealms BG's? yeah, right.
    Anyway, I have my Conqueror title for a log time now, and my green, huge skull tabard. It was my second title (after my rank10 title). They only thing it proves now, is that that i've been playing this game far too long...

I totally agree with Cayumi and Balduvian. Reputation grinds are not suppose to be easy. I've grinded so many reps sometimes I feel like my eyes are going to fall out seeing those like 5-10 reps slowly roll up my screen. I only played vanilla WoW for about 6 months and didn't even get to bg that much. I too wished they would change the rep back to the way it was, but then I realized how uncommon the Conqueror/Justicar titles actually were. I easily got exalted with AV by grinding it in BC by collecting blood/armor scraps/meat, that wasn't hard. Now AB was tougher, but you still get rep even when you lose as long as it's not a 5 cap at the start (those are rare). WSG on the other hand I thought was impossible. Until I decided to finally grind it out. I sat down and made a goal of getting 700-1000 rep a day. At revered you receive 105 rep with a 3 flag win. As long as you are not in a completely retarded battlegroup you should at least receive 35 rep from 1 flag per bg. I received my Conqueror title 6 days ago (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...or&gn=Ministry). If you want to check, I am a reputation grinder, I am obsessed with getting "...the exalted" and this title was just one more step towards that. If you are serious about getting the title you should just focus on setting goals and do it. Not requesting that Blizzard change stuff because you don't want to try to do it the way they decided to make the rep grind. I mean how many people do you think were mad when they found out you would get full rep at level 80, when they were grinding timbermaw or cenarian rep at 1 rep/kill...its the same situation. People complained it was too hard, but there were several people that accomplished that hard feet, and the QQ babies got their way in the end. Sorry not trying to flame, but do you really think you can't do it, or are you just too lazy to do 10 bgs a day and get a little rep at a time?

since we are gonna hand out achievements, i have 2 other items i'd like to see implemented:

Welfare: on the first of each month, any toons that do not have a profession will receive 3000 gold. this gold can only be used in the taverns, used to buy exotic mounts, or used to buy overpriced jewelcrafted items from other players. any attempt to learn a new skill or level a profession will discontinue the distributions of gold to that toon.(exception: skilling Herbalism. however, will get you banned if you are caught selling herbs)

Social Security: any level 80 toons that you retire from raiding or pvp will be eligible to receive 1000 gold in the mail. retired toons will also receive a 5% discount from all world vendors. retired toons are required to spam the Trade chat with complaints and nonsense. no retired toon can be logged on later than 8 Server Time. lastly, retired toons may only wear gear from lvl 40 or earlier and said gear must smell like mothballs.

for all other players on the realm, AH fees will be increased 300% and all flight paths now cost 5g in order to pay for the programs.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzor
    Until I decided to finally grind it out. I sat down and made a goal of getting 700-1000 rep a day.
    How long did it approximately take you? I've tried to grind 500-750 rep each day the past week but it requires quite some time to get that much.
    I usually spend around 25min on a game and win a little less than 50%. So far I've made a maybe around 125 rep/hour.

Atm I need 500'ish rep to become honered, so thats around 33500 rep to go. With 125 rep/hour average thats about 268 hours i need to put into it, equivalent to more than 11 full days of game time. If I play WSG for 5 hours each day it will still take me 54 days.

IMHO that's still way too much. I think AV rep is far too easy to come by, AB is fine since you also get a bit for your effort even while loosing, but WSG is just too low and it's especially frustrating if you're having a loosing streak getting 0 rep for more than one hour of gaming.

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba
    How long did it approximately take you? I've tried to grind 500-750 rep each day the past week but it requires quite some time to get that much.
    I usually spend around 25min on a game and win a little less than 50%. So far I've made a maybe around 125 rep/hour.
    found your problem. join premade, do 10mins wins, collect.

maybe all the QQ'ers could transfer to the same server and put their uberness to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0guns
    found your problem. join premade, do 10mins wins, collect.

maybe all the QQ'ers could transfer to the same server and put their uberness to work.
    Well ofc I join premades or semi premades whenever my friends have time to join me. But since you usually gets setup against another premade, joining a random pug premade isn't necessarily better for your chances of a short game and sometimes not even a win. So I'm only joining with people I know can play or else I go solo as my chances are just as great of winning. But thanks for your advice. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!