15+ Year Old Account

Disc PvP Glyphs, input required.

I'm having trouble deciding what glyphs to get. At the moment I am using; Penance, Pain Suppression and Power Word; Shield.

Now, I've been looking at Inner Fire and the armour increase of 50% is pretty hot. Alas, arena forums are pretty dead these days and I'm not quite sure where to go to read on current seasons and such (reading about S5 doesn't help a lot).

I consider PS a must, since Rogues and Cats love me. Sometimes I need Penance to be off CD and sometimes it's not needed but I can't really imagine running around with an 8 second Penance. So basically it's the Shield heal -vs- more armour. I have roughly 18% crit because I took 4 pieces of the Crit gear rather than the Spirit, I'm not sure if that was a bad idea or not since some say they need their regen while others say Spirit is useless.

I'm teamed with a Ret Pally if that matters, and 3v3 with a Ret/Arms, sorry I went off-topic but yeah!

Re: Disc PvP Glyphs, input required.

I am using Penance, Inner Fire and Dispel

15+ Year Old Account

Penance, Inner Fire and Pain Suppresion.

Penance, Inner Fire and Power Word:Shield here

Tried Pain Supression instead of inner fire, but soon went back

Deleted

Penance, inner fire and Power Word; Shield.

here

15+ Year Old Account

I don't see how you can get around without Pain Suppression.

I considered the Dispel Glyph, but it seems a bit under-whelming. I suppose I'll try the Inner Fire instead of PW:S and see how the Arms Warriors like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    I considered the Dispel Glyph, but it seems a bit under-whelming.
    I used to use PWS instead of Dispel, but I run with Warrior and we got exploited by DKs with chains of ice. THere are tons of DKs in EU Ruin BG, so Dispel Glyph is very nice.

15+ Year Old Account

Fair enough, I rarely see DKs, it's usually a Rogue and something.

Most common combo I've seen is Warrior/Resto Druid. Most shocking combo was Rogue and Cat, bursted very quickly even with PS. (947 Resi now, 800~ at the time)

Also, are there any active PvP/Disc PvP sites? Arena Junkies seemed a bit deserted.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    I don't see how you can get around without Pain Suppression.
    well i dont find my self stun locked to death. and i dont find it that good. woud rater have the ones i use. or get the dispell one in there since it is nice to.

15+ Year Old Account

Right, mind if I see your armoury? Curious if I'm doing something wrong.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ar&n=Galladred

edit; *slipped into American grammar mode*

I got Penance, Inner Fire and Pain Suppresion. Have been thinking to get dispel instead of inner fire but wount do it now atleast. maybe when I get some better gear.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Pain Supression, PW:S and Penance for 2 and 3s.
    replace Pain Supression with Inner fire for 5s.

go penance/pws/innerfire

->penance&innerfire are must-have
    ->pws>dispel
    ->you can use pain suppresion in a lot of cc, like sap even if you dont have it glyphed

Quote Originally Posted by spf
    go penance/pws/innerfire

->penance&innerfire are must-have
    ->pws>dispel
    ->you can use pain suppresion in a lot of cc, like sap even if you dont have it glyphed
    No self respecting Disc Priest is going to pop pain suppression during a non-combat CC, there's no point, because obviously a sheep or sap etc. are meant to keep you out of the fight, not to wtfpwn you, pain suppression is only good for stuns.

For undergeared arena people I personally suggest: penance, innerfire, pain suppression, this is ideal for low resil / low stamina arena people.

Once you get gear and start hitting the 2k+ brackets and you got yourself a good amount of furious and/or deadly gear, I suggest Penance, Inner Fire, Dispel.

I personally don't use pain suppression, i believe i use pw:s, inner fire and penance. Pain suppression during stun is nice and all if your under geared, but once you get a good amount of resilience, i find using a glyph for a 3 minute CD only for making 1 spell usable during a 5 second window, feel meh. Since i really only have problems with warriors, and to an extent a good feral druid, inner fire and pw:s is nice, and penance is self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran
    No self respecting Disc Priest is going to pop pain suppression during a non-combat CC, there's no point, because obviously a sheep or sap etc. are meant to keep you out of the fight, not to wtfpwn you, pain suppression is only good for stuns.

For undergeared arena people I personally suggest: penance, innerfire, pain suppression, this is ideal for low resil / low stamina arena people.

Once you get gear and start hitting the 2k+ brackets and you got yourself a good amount of furious and/or deadly gear, I suggest Penance, Inner Fire, Dispel.
    sap was just an example, i dont know whole list of cc in which can be unglyphed pain suppresion casted, since i am shadow. and it can be a lifesaver to suppres your friend while in a sap/blind (you should avoid/swd sheeps). but i agree, that its better to have this glyph when you dont have highend gear.

and nothing changes about that pws glyph > dispel glyh, so for geared priest, inner fire+penance+pws glyphs are best choice. the only exception would be for 2v2 bracket, when priest should have inner fire+penance+smite glyphs