Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mage´s damage in Ulduar

Mages should do over 6k minimum on almost every encounter, perhaps with bad RNG possible to do less, but often you do more aswell at encounters like hodir mage should do around 20k~ and at vezax(normal mode) atleast 12k.

I can give you few my random reports:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...=18940&e=19121

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8125&e=8767

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=8872&e=9296

Heh yeah random... Unless that was No Lights in the Darkness (which it's not cause you got protective barrier from Hodir 4 times, and if it was one light and he's the one you left up you're doing it wrong) you picked two of the most DPS buffed fights in Ulduar.

Hodir, yeah of course you should be doing insane dps, especially if you're lucky enough to get the storm power buff more than once (you got it 4 times, the other two mages got it 3).

YS, each keeper left up gives you +10% damage.

The only fight you linked which doesn't have any outside damage buff is Thorim, and you only did 5600 there. And judging from the numbers of hit vs crit on your FFB you were at a 56% crit on FFB and had 58 pyros, so it certainly wasn't poor RNG.

Now is it possible to get over 6k in many fights, yes. Is it possible to go well above 6k in some fights, also yes. Is it to be expected in most/every fight? Not if you're realistic.

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by vahu
    hodir mage should do around 20k~
    Because even your dps averages at 12k over all the attempts. :-*
    Of course 20k on that fight is something to aim for, but I would say 9-10k is what a mage should atleast be doing, assuming proper rng.

There are 4 mages in our guild that raid Ulduar, all are fire/arcane or ffb I however am full frost, to complement the raid with buffs. We constantly come in top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiya
    There are 4 mages in our guild that raid Ulduar, all are fire/arcane or ffb I however am full frost, to complement the raid with buffs. We constantly come in top 5.
    If a frost mage comes on top of rogues, locks and all the others, your dps' should really just quit the game

Well.. 4k'ish for 25 man Ulduar seem kinda low..

Im pushing 6.3k dps on kologarn

Armory: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...+Mill&n=Nitrak

And up till 15-16k on Hodir.

WWS from my last Ulduar with guild, just random clearing:

http://wowwebstats.com/iutkb4ljxohky
    (I am Nitrak)

I did some mistakes on Hodir, so i only had 14k .

And FB aint very good for AoE, so my overall dps is not THAT great.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

We move in slot up or down with Shadow priest and Destro locs we are all in top 10 not counting melee of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidira
    Heh yeah random... Unless that was No Lights in the Darkness (which it's not cause you got protective barrier from Hodir 4 times, and if it was one light and he's the one you left up you're doing it wrong) you picked two of the most DPS buffed fights in Ulduar.

Hodir, yeah of course you should be doing insane dps, especially if you're lucky enough to get the storm power buff more than once (you got it 4 times, the other two mages got it 3).

YS, each keeper left up gives you +10% damage.

The only fight you linked which doesn't have any outside damage buff is Thorim, and you only did 5600 there. And judging from the numbers of hit vs crit on your FFB you were at a 56% crit on FFB and had 58 pyros, so it certainly wasn't poor RNG.

Now is it possible to get over 6k in many fights, yes. Is it possible to go well above 6k in some fights, also yes. Is it to be expected in most/every fight? Not if you're realistic.

I see you are one of these mages which has zero clue,, 99% mages are like that. Thats why i dont post often in the public. First of all my ffb critical witch scorch talent/debuff anf ffb glyph is 57.50% its actually i who had bad RNG. Thorim we did hard mode, its a lot harder to dps. I did 20k few times at hodir and you can whine about RNG storm clouds, but as mage you can blink etc to the storm guy and get them its just bad play.
    I also think ffb spec is best spec overal, im clueless aswell right? I also think combustion is not a waste and i also think EJ forum most of the mages are clueless aswell.

If you think im really wrong can we discuss this in IRC or in game? I will give you more logs, proves and will explain some things, could show in real how it works. If you really dont believe, please lets finish this till the end. I will spare some time for it.

Sorry for poor grammar

My point Vahu, is don't post your best parses available and say these should be the expectation in Ulduar. I looked through a number of the parses (yes, I know how to navigate outside of the given links). As the person who commented after me, your average on Hodir attempts was only 12k. To say that mages should be doing 20k because you did it on *one* attempt is silly.

I'm well aware of how difficult it can be to dps on hard-mode Thorim, avoiding lightning fields can be a real cut to dps time. However, 48 pyros still indicates pretty favorable RNG, regardless of the low crit rate on FFB. 5600 is still respectable dps for that particular encounter. My point was, and still is, that expecting mages to consistently do at least 6k on every fight in Ulduar is asinine and unrealistic (unless you're in the Ensidia breed of guilds, then by all means).

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

Generally dps is dependant on many factors, some of them you may improve, some of them are rng and some are brick wall there and you can't do anything about them.

If you want to seek answer if your play is fine, your char is fine and/or your guild is fine - you obviously asked a wrong question.

No numbers without proper and deep analysis will tell you anything rock solid. You'd better analyse yourself and not the numbers.

Ive been very frustrated lately seeing the melee on top of the charts, and then even more pissed when I hear someone try to say that the fights arent melee friendly. Thats such bullshit because 90% of the boss fights in ulduar have something forcing me to stop dps and move for half the fight, or something interupting and silencing my spellcasts randomly throughout the fight, or some adds that only ranged can do so they assign mages who are built specifgically for single target boss dmg, while melee just get behind the boss and dps the whole time.
    My guild doesnt have a boomkin that shows up most of the time, no ele shammy, 1 dk tank that has ebon plaguebringer who shows up a good amount, I cant get the locks to specc affliction (they all want to do destro) and theres no way Im dropping my dps 700 more on top of all this mess to give the crit debuff when a lock could do it in his natural rotation. So is this buff issue causing my dps to suffer horribly enough to drop from always being 1, 2, or 3 in Naxx to 8th-10th in ulduar? or is it the boss mechanics? a combination of both? Did the ferals just get buffed so much that they can close there eyes and just press button to win the dps chart? somethings horribly wrong...

We dont have a single melee under5.5k on almost all fights in Ulduar. Our rogues are usually around 8k on most fights followed by DKs, hunters(our MM is doing close to 7k on a few fights), enh shammy, warrior. Our mages(we run with two) are roughly at 6k and they dont come close to being in the top 5. Im a shadow priest and I do 5.5-6k on most fights and Im usually at 7th - 10th. There are fights like Yogg where the casters are all top 5, but I can only think of 3 fights in there where that happens.

These numbers were all during the time we had a boomkin and an ele shaman in the raid.

Rogues, ferals and DK's all do amazing dps right now. Destro locks do alot of damage too.
    Really the only fight I've seen that mages top damage meters is General and Hodir. Normal fights we're not at the bottom.. but we're usually not at the very top either.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Did the ferals just get buffed so much that they can close there eyes and just press button to win the dps chart? somethings horribly wrong...
    Yup, this is just the reason I declare holywar on mages/locks/anyone.
    I made a small test few days ago. I gave my acc to a rogue, a mage, a hunter and a lock in my guild. Each of them read some theory about cat dps and tried to "close there eyes and just press button". Each of them got almost full day to practice.
    Results were... funny.
    Mage pressed a button and did 2300 dps vs Boss dummy
    Lock pressed a button and did 2200 dps vs Boss dummy
    Rogue pressed a button and did 2900 dps vs Boss dummy (3300 w/zerk)
    Hunter pressed a button and did 3500 dps vs Boss dummy
    Then a nab droid (me) got my acc back, pressed a button and did 4200 dps vs Boss dummy without zerk.

From my point of vision this kinda says that to play a hunter requires much higher "skeelz" than a mage. And even a rogue (cat is actually a rogue in cat form, no?) requires less skill to play than hunter/druid.
    Press a button?
    Wanna get my acc and try to "press a button"?
    And... you may say lots of stuff like "one day isnt enough to master the rotation" "caster classes cant dps with melee classes" etc etc. Go for it. Cry moar.

mages are #1 on hodir and vezax, always on any other encounter their damage is decent but not on top
    http://img3.abload.de/img/kalysigqgll.gif
    (As nice as your signature is, it's too large, sorry )

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis
    Yup, this is just the reason I declare holywar on mages/locks/anyone.
    I made a small test few days ago. I gave my acc to a rogue, a mage, a hunter and a lock in my guild. Each of them read some theory about cat dps and tried to "close there eyes and just press button". Each of them got almost full day to practice.
    Results were... funny.
    Mage pressed a button and did 2300 dps vs Boss dummy
    Lock pressed a button and did 2200 dps vs Boss dummy
    Rogue pressed a button and did 2900 dps vs Boss dummy (3300 w/zerk)
    Hunter pressed a button and did 3500 dps vs Boss dummy
    Then a nab droid (me) got my acc back, pressed a button and did 4200 dps vs Boss dummy without zerk.

From my point of vision this kinda says that to play a hunter requires much higher "skeelz" than a mage. And even a rogue (cat is actually a rogue in cat form, no?) requires less skill to play than hunter/druid.
    Press a button?
    Wanna get my acc and try to "press a button"?
    And... you may say lots of stuff like "one day isnt enough to master the rotation" "caster classes cant dps with melee classes" etc etc. Go for it. Cry moar.
    If you were on your feral and constantly getting spanked badly on the meters you might say F this! and roll bear or tree or boomkin, mages should easily out dps such a hybrid because its all they can be built to do. Its just a boss rotation, dont try to make it sound so complicated, its not the arena! I could spend an hour on elitest jerks then an hour on the target dummy and hit the same #'s you do on your toon. The ferals in my guild try to use the same excuse that its a complicated rotation so they deserve 1st, get this silly idea out of your head, because like I said its just a boss rotation, and your a hybrid, hopefully blizz puts you back into the 8th-15th dps spot where you belong.

Once you will score same skill level as me and score same dps on dummy as me, you will say stuff like this.
    Till then, go faceroll your LOLBARRAGE.

Once you will score same skill level as me and score same dps on dummy as me, you will say stuff like this.
    im fireball specced, and im 2300 rated 2v2 and 3v3, pretty confident I could handle a rinse repeat raid rotation....

Try trolling the druid forum, or did they kick you out for being an ass?
    As always when it comes to bragging over the internet: "SS or it didn't happen"

I gotz over 9k DPS on dummy!!! true story... sorry but i never screenshot so i can't prove it, you just have to belive me.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.