Page 1 of 2
LastLast

addons for disc priest/healing in general

well im 72 and i need a few addons to heal better and im currious about what addons i should be running. i would like one that accurately shows how much damage my shields are absorbing and atleast one to make healing easier. any ideas are better than none ty in advance.

Re: addons for disc priest/healing in general

Healbot, clique (forget spelling :<)
    Uhmm Go to curse and look under priest addons.

Grid and Clique together make the most popular combo (others such as Pitbull and Healbot are also viable) for raid healing.

I believe "Shieldmonitor" is the name of an addon that estimates the strength of the shields you apply, as well as DA, and the strength/time remaining.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted

Grid, Clique and Quartz

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Remota
    Grid, Clique and Quartz
    THIS, really the only three mods out of all the ones I have installed that I look at or care about for healing. Grid for your unit frames, clique (don't know how I ever healed w/o it) to cast your bound spells on said unit frames, and quartz to show your renew, shield, etc on the focus/tank targets.

edit: something I thought of, not healing related but gear related would be to check out ratingbuster and geardps. Ratingbuster shows a comparison for gear as well as autogems your gear. Geardps while you would think is for dps only can be changed for healing weights on gear, giving each item a score.

I've tried grid, clique, healbot, xperl but someone posted something about VuhDo addon the other day. If you have 1 hour to configure it and if you don't quit meanwhile while doing so, you'll find it the best addon for healing purposes.

Oh yeah, it tracks PoM on raid members and a lot lot lot lot more.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kuismar
    and quartz to show your renew, shield, etc on the focus/tank targets.
    you dont need quartz for that.. if youre clever enough grid will show you all this for the whole raid.. i just use quartz for my, the focus and targets castbar & my gcd

sry for my bad english :x :b

Forte Xorcist is an excellent mod for tracking your current buffs and renews as well

X-Perl for me and PoM Tracker.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyjelly
    silly ppl and healing addons :
    l2p imo
    L2P? If you're not using healing addons you probably should l2p.

I started out 3 1/2 years ago as a enhancement shaman for about a year, ever since ive been resto. When we started into magtherdon is when i found out about grid and clique, and my healing went thru the roof! Those 2 addons are a must for any good player! If you dont use addons its like going deer hunting without a scope on your gun. Sure you may still be able to hit the deer but wouldnt u rather hit it in the heart and not the leg!

Good luck with using your extremely massive pool of skill in healing yogg sarong, without any addons whatsoever. If u are indeed able to pull of such a feat using absolutely nothing at all but your, ahem, "skill" then I will salute you as being the master of priests and strive to achieve such greatness.

its called skill
    it really called doing things more efficiently. If you can heal three different targets with three different spells using only three mouse clicks why wouldn't you? In your situation w/o using any mods to do that same function you would need either macro's to use mouse over functions (which is all that grid + clique and healbot really are) or 3 clicks plus three keyboard presses (or 6 clicks). Healing addons do not make healing any easier than not it simply makes you more efficient. More efficiency simply allows you to better multi task.

you should be able to multi task anyways without addons...unless you fail
    i mean how hard is it to select a different target half way through a cast and press the corresponding button of which spell you wanna cast?
    reading comprehension? my post was about efficiency not multi tasking. Its more efficient to use every tool you can. You can dig a six foot hole with just your hands but its a whole lot easier and faster(see efficient) to use a shovel. Both get the job done, one gives you more time to deal with unexpected situations. As you have stated its not hard to multi task, dealing with the unexpected requires reaction time and know how. Using a tool gives you more time to think and evaluate the given situation. Helping you speed up applying the needed healing...

(just to help you out in your reply I'm not talking about digging ditches)

WELL WHICH ONE IS IT?
    wow serious? read it again slowly this time and read the whole thing. "More efficiency simply allows you to better multi task." Was the quote. Meaning the more efficient you are the easier things become. So efficiency = better.

Let me help you more I said efficient 6 times, in my two posts I also said multi task twice (one was to correct you line of thinking so I really only mentioned it once, but I will concede that it was typed twice). Which one was the more important one? Hmm, lets look. One I kept mentioning over and over and even over again, or the one I mentioned 1/3 of the time? If ya still have not gotten the point its efficiency.

This one:
    efficiency - accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...=Confrontation

Is that you, Smellyjelly? The only 80 priest that shows on wowarmory?

If so, let me know when you finish your "Fall of Naxxramas" achievement. Clearly, someone who hasn't finished all of Naxx25, let alone anything of note in Ulduar, should be lecturing others on how to heal. You've been level 80 since 2-13-2009, yet you haven't gotten Heroic: Fall of Naxx achievement in that time...? Maybe it's because of your fail healing. Also, nice +16 intellect gems, and intellect enchants....... with 1720 spellpower..... rofl.

Have you ever considered that using healing addons (grid, clique, healbot, etc) might actually help you heal? Certainly, they wouldn't be detrimental.

Haxx0r

Grid + mouseover macros = done deal

LOL Smellyjelly you really don't know what you are talking about.

In Vanilla WOW I used to drag out the raid frames from the blizzard UI at the start of each raid. (When I DC'ed I had to do it over during encounters and stuff.) Then I got CT raid assist. And unit frames and all kinds of checks were there.

About when we were far in BWL and hitting AQ40 I used nurfed (unitframes you could customise like pitbull).
    It wasn't until TBC I started using Grid, I knew it excisted before but didn't think I needed it. But it's so usefull.

Now I use grid to track PW:S and Weakend Soul, I track debuffs, who's in the slagpot, who's gripped etc.
    And if every healer is using grid, you can see if someone is casting a heal (and how large) on someone --> less overhealing.

Everyone who doesn't use grid (or healbot) is gimping the raid.

OH SHIT THAT GUY IS GONNA DIE I BETTER HEAL HIM
    cuz i need stuff to tell me that :-X.... tbh it just comes down to people being lazy
    You've obviously never played a healing class and healed.
    Stop talking.

BTW kind of stalkerish...eeekk
    and as for the int gems and enchants last time i checked replenishment and such worked with maximum mana so try again.
    HAHA Fail tbh