Viable PvP spec for shamans?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0gg...xsEz0hR:qLjVmc

So as you can guess i am a rogue. Have been running rogue/rogue forever, but i wanted to try shaman/rogue.

I was tinkering with the shaman build ever since i heard of frozen power and this is what i came up with.

Its kind of like the old holy pally 34/0/37 build into repentance.

However, i am no shaman and dont know the first thing about that. Would this spec work? It is more of an aggressive/kite/CC build.

With frozen power-hex-sap-blind I think this spec and the build might good.

Also it is something new and unexpected.

Any comments?
    "Retribution Paladins are the Eddy Gordo's of World of Warcraft"

Re: Viable PvP spec for shamans?

a shaman with no instants dies faster than a shaman with one instant

which is already really fast

the paladin hybrid spec worked because paladins have a fallback to live through burst, which is bubble, and shamans just dont have that

-80 Tauren Warrior-80 Undead Priest--80 Tauren Shaman-70 Tauren Druid-67 Human Deathknight

But with the shamans frozen power and kiting ability and my ability to peel and help the kite, don't you think it would make up for not having riptide?

Good luck kiting classes other than rogues.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I don't heal on my shaman, but from my experience lol-pvping as enhancement, Frozen power, while great for enh to drop 2 points in, isn't worth digging that deep in the tree specifically to pick up.

The freeze has a DR on it, the duration is short enough that you'd not gain a ton more kiting ability over just normal frost shock slow and running. Especially having to stop and cast a heal (no riptide) would essentially cancel out the effect of the root. Also, since you typically aren't kiting ranged, you'll have to find some way to get to 15+ yards away from the melee on you in order to root the target. I'm not quite sure how you plan to do this. It may come in handy for losing a ranged, or keeping a healer out of los to his partner, but all in all, I doubt it's worth it.

Still, like I said, I don't pvp often, and definitely don't pvp heal. So if you still think it's worth it, then give it a try.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    Good luck kiting classes other than rogues.
    Cant shamans kite anymore?

Granted frozen power would be situational, but it keeps a target in place, rooted, and could even force the trinket into a 20s cc with hex and blind.

Hey my first choice isnt shaman, trust me. But my RL friend plays a shaman and i wanna give it shot.

Just wanna know the pros and cons of actually doing this over a regular 0/16/55 build.

Even minor situations like a ret pally using freedom to get out of the frozen power snare instead of using freedom on my kidney is huge!

I guess what it comes down to is Frozen power or Riptide?

Without riptide, you're going die because the heal is too slow, and doesn't do enough healing to make up for the incoming damage.

One holy light crit in pvp gear can top off someone. 2 HW crits in pve gear will top off someone. This isn't even bringing lhw into the equation.

Frozen power says they have to be further than 15 yards away for the root to occur. Which isn't going to help you much, since they will be all over you.

Your build would be fine if no one targeted you at all... You also don't put 5 points in Nature's Guardian.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haskel
    I don't heal on my shaman, but from my experience lol-pvping as enhancement, Frozen power, while great for enh to drop 2 points in, isn't worth digging that deep in the tree specifically to pick up.

The freeze has a DR on it, the duration is short enough that you'd not gain a ton more kiting ability over just normal frost shock slow and running. Especially having to stop and cast a heal (no riptide) would essentially cancel out the effect of the root. Also, since you typically aren't kiting ranged, you'll have to find some way to get to 15+ yards away from the melee on you in order to root the target. I'm not quite sure how you plan to do this. It may come in handy for losing a ranged, or keeping a healer out of los to his partner, but all in all, I doubt it's worth it.

Still, like I said, I don't pvp often, and definitely don't pvp heal. So if you still think it's worth it, then give it a try.
    Valid points, but keep in mind if frozen power works anything like gouge, its huge.

I mean the way i have it playing out in my head is:

Healer/DPS

Sap Healer
    Open on DPS
    Kite dps around or far from the healer
    Frostshock Healer
    (by this point the healer needs to trinket, and i have the DPS under lockdown)
    Healer trinkets into the hex
    Healer gets blinded
    DPS hasn't touched the shaman

I mean this assumes that the DPS bites and follows you away from his heals. If he doesnt, you can switch.

Frost shock the DPS in place
    Get to the healer and starting rotation
    Frost shock the DPS in place again
    (at some point the DPS has to have trinketed)
    Hex the DPS
    Blind the DPS
    DPS hasnt touched the shaman because he was trying to peel me off of the healer.

This is all very general and situational. But do you think it could never work ?

Pretty sure it just acts like a frost nova effect. You're also going to be using windshock against a majority of the comps.

Dispel magic would kill your idea too.

Without riptide, you're going die because the heal is too slow, and doesn't do enough healing to make up for the incoming damage.

One holy light crit in pvp gear can top off someone. 2 HW crits in pve gear will top off someone. This isn't even bringing lhw into the equation.

Frozen power says they have to be further than 15 yards away for the root to occur. Which isn't going to help you much, since they will be all over you.

Your build would be fine if no one targeted you at all.
    Wait, im not the shaman, im the rogue. you mean "Your build would be fine if no one targeted the shaman at all"

I understand the lack of heals and the burst, but keep in mind i am a rogue and i know how to survive without any heals (always ran rogue/rogue). I get quick recovery which is 20% more heals, and i use lifeblood.

Your assuming that the dps and the priest are running a mock and arent being controlled.

I am assuming that i have things under control.

I guess it can only be tested in the arena to see if it actually works.

Pretty sure it just acts like a frost nova effect. You're also going to be using windshock against a majority of the comps.

Dispel magic would kill your idea too.
    Yes it would, but how many people predict a shaman frost shocking and them being rooted in place?

It's not like a mage and a sheep, where you "get ready to dispel the sheep"

It's more like " wtf, i just got rooted...that shamans that deep into enhance ?"

With everyone sort of "expecting" and "anticipating" abilites. I just think something as unexpected as this would be huge.

You don't seem to be getting it.

The holy paladin spec that goes deep into ret for Repentence and other abilities works because you are still getting most of the important holy talents at the same time. You arn't giving up any really vital PVP talents by skipping holy talents for ret ones.

Your spec doesn't allow for Riptide or other important, NEEDED resto shammy PVP talents. It would be like holy paladins specing into ret to get Repentence and such, but not being able to go deep enough into holy for Holy Shock. Yes you gain a nice CC but it's at a much greater cost (a powerful insta cast heal).

Also 2 rogues is a TON of burst/dps. You don't need heals in that kind of comp because it's kill or be killed. With only one rogue you aren't going to be able to burst someone down anywhere near as fast and if you get CC'd and the DPS jumps on your shaman partner it's game over. It's going to be near impossible for him to keep you or himself up especially through some of the nastier burst DPS classes. You can try it but really I think it's not going to work anywhere near as well as you imagine.

Rogue/rogue isn't the same thing, as having a second partner that isn't healing you.

Make them blow their cds, then come back to finish them off. That's an awesome comp mate.

You obviously dont understand that without riptide, a shaman is going to die.

Digging that deep into Enhancement Tree just for Frost shock is not worth it. By doing so you lose out on some of the survival abilities from the Resto tree that help keep a resto shammy and their team alive. Frozen power only works on targets that are more than 15 yards away, which isn't going to happen because shammys are a priority target in most situations.

You speak of hexing a target like its an instant cast, Hex is a 1.5 second cast (more if your getting beat on), the time wasted casting it could be better spent casting heals, refreshing Earth Shield, or interrupting your opponents casts with Earth Shock, dropping totems, etc...

If anything... I would go with something like this.

As much as I hate losing mana tide totem Some of the resto pvp shaman I see avoid it for toughness..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0gM...sEzoIRt:qLjVmc

Oh and also this was just a quick one, I could probably improve it if I tinkered with it a bit.

You guys must be right.

I really didn't think riptide really mattered all that much. Thought it was more of a added bonus on top of the heals, not THE heals.

I am still going to try it out, cause on paper it sounds fun and at least somewhat entertaining to try.

However, if it doesn't work, we'll prolly just go back to a normal set up, or i'll go back with my rogue.

Thanks for the feed

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    If anything... I would go with something like this.

As much as I hate losing mana tide totem Some of the resto pvp shaman I see avoid it for toughness..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0gM...sEzoIRt:qLjVmc

Oh and also this was just a quick one, I could probably improve it if I tinkered with it a bit.
    I tryed toughness for a few weeks, 1-2k extra hp isn't going to win games when you're oom because they're not attacking you.

A few things wrong in general with your build.

You don't need 5/5 in nature's guardian. 2/5 and 3/5 is more than enough.

No shamanistic focus. Without shamanistic focus, your shocks are close to 1k (except windshock).

You didn't put the extra point in bless of the eternals.

If you got rid of toughness, and corrected your build, you could have up to 7-8% more crit.

At the OP, if you do decide to arena with the resto shaman, give him this build.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0gg...sekbIRt:qLjVmc

Tell him to go ele.

You have CC, you have Earthbind AE roots, crazy burst, and he can also heal on the fly.

It's not hugely common, and its also not something that's easy to just pick up and do, but you can get over 2k rating with the set up when played well.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/team/2v2...of/Money_Shot/
    ^My Proof^