Elemental T8 4set bonus

Just got my 4 piece bonus today..
    Tested it out to see if the dot helped my dps a bit.
    Now it turns out the dots average dmg done is '1' highest hit being '4'.
    Nono, i aint joking '1' !!!
    I'm critting for about 8k with Lightning Bolt on them bots, so this can't be right imo.

Anyone else noticed this? or is it just bugged for me?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&n=Tropea
    (Armory profile for proof) I'm well aware that i'm over hitcapped, but that will change soon, need hard mode loot -_-

Grtz

Re: Elemental T8 4set bonus

Usually i am alot nicer than i am about to be but you sir make elemental shamans everywhere look bad. I'm really curious as to how you got your 4pc -.-

/sigh

anyway... the answer to your "complaint" is... Don't test it on target dummies.

There, problem solved, now try and use your brain a little more next time so you don't make yourself look bad

*edit* i guess i could explain it a little more... target dummies have 1 health so they "absorb" all of the damage(so u can't kill them) and when your LB's crit, if the damage is absorbed the tick from the 4pc does null damage. Hope this helps

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbubba
    Don't test it on target dummies.
    To think that I made an account just to answer this thread and someone already beat me to it. -_-

It works just like ignite, and will bug out on target dummies that only have 1HP the same way that ignite will. The DoT cannot tick for an amount exceeding the remaining HP of the mob.

With a little RNG and some EM love you can get the DoT to munch up to some pretty large ticks, although the size of the DoT is only accounting for the fact that it won't have ticked yet. My best so far on a non-gimmick fight was a 4K tick on Saph during a Naxx pug a couple weeks back. I haven't looked at this too critically on our worldoflogs profile, but my recount generally shows Electrified (the name of the DoT spell) to account for about 3%-3.5% of my DPS.

So, in summary: it works, it's pretty cool (albeit not as OP as I thought it would be), and target dummies are misleading.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Ok, thanks for the quick feedback, wasn't aware about the fact that bots 'absorb' the dmg.
    will test it out tommorow during raid than.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tropea
    Ok, thanks for the quick feedback, wasn't aware about the fact that bots 'absorb' the dmg.
    same actually, but then again, you can't know everything.

Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53

hm I was wondering..Why are you using blue gems?

About how it seems to work for me, the dot adds roughly 3% more damage to my overall dps which is pretty damn nice for incidental damage. Highest tick I have seen from the dot is around 2k after a lucky string of crits. It is a very nice bonus to have, enjoy messing with it in a raid ^^d

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuadar
    hm I was wondering..Why are you using blue gems?
    For he's Meta gem I guess?:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41285
    Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53

Quote Originally Posted by Boombjørn
    For he's Meta gem I guess?:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41285
    JC gems work for the meta gem though.

When I looked I saw the dragons eye gems so the only reason I can see for the blue gems is the socket bonusses which on a few of the pieces is 7sp

the blue gems i saw used were 9sp 12 stam really the stam isnt doing anything useful so the main gain to the character is the 9 sp plus the 7 from the socket bonus so thats 16sp total where you could have a 19sp gem. I think its all down to how much you value sp over stam... 12 stam at the cost of 3sp is a decent tradeoff but for pure dps the 3sp is going to be worth a lot more. I would put 19sp gems in there personally but... your gear, your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuadar
    JC gems work for the meta gem though.
    I see
    Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53