Thread: DK DW move idea

DK DW move idea

Hello to all who read this

A few months back I saw that Blizz was talking that they wanted DK tanks to be dual-wielders and the Blood and Unholy trees to be 2h specialized. I think this is a great idea but there isn't a talent or anything that makes it worth while to DW while tanking. That's when this idea popped into my head, a new talent called Howling Blades.

What I was thinking is that it would be a move where you attack with both weapons, doing a cleave hitting 2 enemies with each weapon or one enemy twice, doing X% plus X% damage if the enemy is infected with Frost Fever. Causes a high amount of threat.

I was trying to think of a good place to put this new talent and I was thinking that putting it in the place of Frost Strike. That would be a perfect place and would make Frost Strike a trained talent. I was wondering what others thought of this idea or if they have any other Ideas.

Thanks for reading,
    Variadion
    80 DK
    Zenith
    Kirin Tor

15+ Year Old Account

Re: DK DW move idea

Blizzard said over and over again that the want DKs to tank with 2H weapons, but they are okay with the fact that DW tanking is also ok.

Also that would some kind of f*ck the whoe Dualspecc feature since you had to gather a decent 2H weapon for Blood/Unholy tanking speccs, and two 1H tanking weapons for Frost for it to beach the top.

Biggest problem with DW tanking is the amount of hit you would need, and without proper expertise your parries would kill you. And post a link to:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinon
    A few months back I saw that Blizz was talking that they wanted DK tanks to be dual-wielders and the Blood and Unholy trees to be 2h specialized.
    Or I don't believe it, because I don't ever recall blizzard saying something like this.
    This user has been banned.

Well,why not just make Frost strike hit with both weapons? In adition we could add a FU move deeper in the tree for Duel but plz no more +treat moves, we want the tree to be both DPS and Tanking available, and frost threat is already good as it is.

I would like to see Nerves of Cold Steel moving up at 35 points and becoming a required talent to open an FU duel hitting attack, name it Howling blades, no cleave effect that's blood sorry ;D and for AOE we have Howling Blast, so just make it good single target attacking with both weapons for 110% and reducing the next GCD by 0,5.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Biggest problem with DW tanking is the amount of hit you would need, and without proper expertise your parries would kill you. And post a link to:

Or I don't believe it, because I don't ever recall blizzard saying something like this.
    Blizzard said they '''might''' consider giving the frost tree some duel wielding attacks, nothing for tanking in particular.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

ive also read the statement of blizzard, was on the mainpage of mmo some time ago (sorry i dont have any concrete links)

they said they are thinking about making frost a dualwield spec (both tank and dps) because the first idea was that both dual and 2h would be use able for all specs, as we all know this didnt realy turn out right.
    so blizz dropped that first idea and the post said they MIGHT try to make frost more beneficial for dual wielders.

as i said im sure it was on the page (lost between the hunderds of posts) but its nothing more then a mindspin of some developers at the moment it was wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]

Well i am still saving a couple of Silent Crusaders and a Widow's Fury : I am tired of rolling with half the raid for a two-handed while we dis one-hands, i hope this happens some time soon.

PS. Frost tree is da best!
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    Blizzard said over and over again that the want DKs to tank with 2H weapons, but they are okay with the fact that DW tanking is also ok.

Also that would some kind of f*ck the whoe Dualspecc feature since you had to gather a decent 2H weapon for Blood/Unholy tanking speccs, and two 1H tanking weapons for Frost for it to beach the top.
    I don't recall seeing them say that they wanted ppl to tank with 2handers, but I may have missed it, Like Bushidox said, it can be lost in the hundreds of posts out there

And getting weapons is easy, I'm using the red sword of courage and the Infantry assault blade, and I have Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver for when I spec Unholy.

DW tanking is not good b/c it requires too much +hit gemming.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Dw tanking allows for a Rune Strike almost every GCD, which is awesome imo.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Not to mention the fact that your frost strikes will hit for absolutely nothing.

I main tank a lot for my guild (Including 10-man Naxx) and have had no problems, I haven't use any slots for hit rating and I don't miss very often and I don't lose threat. The stoneskin is nice for 2handers because there are obviously no tanking 2handers, but it is easy to get a pair of tanking one handers.

Plus I'm not trying to hit hard, I just want the boss to keep hitting me :P

actually what they said was they were thinking about making frost the dw dps tree instead of spreading it out

they have never once even begun to insinuate that they want top support dw tanking in any real format.
    they are ok with it being possible, but they will never support it. it's like 2h dpsing as an enchance shammy, blizzard won't ever support it again, but it is possible. sorta
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!