Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wind Shock Improvement Idea

I think in order to possibly make wind shock more effective they should take the interrupt off Earth Shock and then take Wind Shock off the shared cool down of shocks so that way we dont waste our interrupt with our dmg. I dont know if anyones suggested this but what do you guys think?

Re: Wind Shock Improvement Idea

make wind shock pushback 10y

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shampo
    make wind shock pushback 10y

That's one hell of a fart

give it a short stun for PvP
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Make it instant teleport people to an Age of Conan Server.
    Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53

Make earthshock a stun since we don't have a very viable one, and make wind shock what earth shock is right now, but keep it out of the nature gcd. That would be nice

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I've been thinking the same thing as the OP. Remove Windshock from the shared shock cooldown, increase its own cooldown but at the same time increase its interrupt duration. Something like 4 second interrupt with an 8-10 second cooldown to bring it more on par with the other interrupts. Of course remove the interrupt effect from earthshock.

15+ Year Old Account

What the hell is windshock? Oh yeah the new spell no one uses.

More seriously.. maybe make it an AoE style debuff? like slows attack speed of 3 enemies for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombjørn
    Make it instant teleport people to an Age of Conan Server.
    this is 100% win.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium

More seriously.. maybe make it an AoE style debuff? like slows attack speed of 3 enemies for 10 seconds.
    If you don't use it and you are on interrupt duty... you should start using it, this spell does not proc and is not effected by the GCD so you can make a macro that will instant cast it no matter what spells you have just used... its actually really effective. Knowing that I don't have to wait a sec for ES to come off GCD when I need to interrupt has been really really useful, especially on Yogg's adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium

If you don't use windshock, you obviously don't pvp, or interrupt in raids.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I had the same idea some time ago and posted on Wow forum, obviously no answer <<
    I use windshock a lot during Vexaz so i won't risk to not interrup Searing Flame when i'm on GCD, but it's bad to not use a damage ability <<
    In pvp is even worst, i can't nuke the other player because i need to interrup his spells, so i lose damage

I'd be happy to have Earth Shock without addictional effect and Wind Shock with his own cooldown to use as a kick ability.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

It's not supposed to do anything BUT interrupt...
    That was the point of it. An ES like interrupt with a lower manna cost since downranking was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    If you don't use windshock, you obviously don't pvp, or interrupt in raids.
    Well then, who the hell has been impersonating me, interrupting Stormcaller Brundir with earth shock, all this time?!!!

Somebody is going to pay for this treachery!

I think the fact that it is stuck on the Shock CD is the real drawback to it. As people have said, take the interrupt of ES and remove WS from the shock CD and you have win.

You could always make windshock a mana burn, that is just as powerful as a priests mana burn. I would be content with my shaman then.

Quote Originally Posted by Patthepriest
    I think the fact that it is stuck on the Shock CD is the real drawback to it. As people have said, take the interrupt of ES and remove WS from the shock CD and you have win.
    this!
    + ES should get some other secondary efect imo, because noone would use it anymore, very short stun with DR, -armor/resist for 10-15s, -chance to hit for 10s for target, +% damage for next spell after use, % chance to reset LvB, CL and riptide CD, +haste for few secs, another plenty of interesting gimmics to choose.

or ES could be our utility spell, with like 6-8 different glyphs for secondary effect, making it basically spell to fit alot of playstyles

15+ Year Old Account

Wind Shock is Shaman's Fade, its a spell you don't use much unless you are to high on aggrolist :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Wind Shock is Shaman's Fade, its a spell you don't use much unless you are to high on aggrolist :P
    no, its way worse than fade, its only singetarget, isnt even close to the power of fade and triggers shock CD.

its supposed to be interrupt with gimmick -aggro.

Well, with the Shaman dps now adays, taking aggro isn't really a concern. I don't even have Omen installed when raiding

agreed
    Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53