[Enhance] Worldbreaker 2pc vs. Earthshatter 4pc

I was curious to see if anyone had done the math on this or had a link to a post on it (EJ forum maybe?).

Earthshatter-4 ~126Haste Rating
    Worldbreaker-2 20% extra damage on SS and LL

126 is a lot of Haste to lose, but I still want to say that Worldbreaker 2pc wins.

However I'm not looking for any opinions here, just numbers.

Re: [Enhance] Worldbreaker 2pc vs. Earthshatter 4pc

Really the t8 two set is WAYYY better and its even better if you have Totem of Dancing Flame

i have my 4 set for enh but i dont use it.. it's not that great

15+ Year Old Account

From what Ive herd you can gem haste over ap at bis gear level and it will make up for that haste lose. I'm wearing 4pc t8 but haven't switched my gems due to 3pc of it being valorous gear.

I can confirm that the T8 two-piece set (plus two-piece T7.5) is better than 4-piece T7.5.

With 4-piece 7.5, in a 10 min training dummy session, I averaged just over 3900 dps.

With a 2/2 combo, I averaged over 4200 dps in the same 10 min training dummy fight (self-buffs only, no food, no flask, popping wolves, fire elem, bloodlust, when off CD, and SR when needed - otherwise, used Str of Earth, Searing, Mana Spring, and Windfury totems).

With 4 piece T7.5, I was doing about 6100 dps on 10 man deconstructor. Last night, with kings, might, motw, Int buff, elem sham, feral druid, ret pally, and spriest, I did over 6900 dps. Previous 10 man attempts were done with the same composition of raid buffs.

It's still not a perfect set of testing data, but it's enough to convince me that a T7/T8 combo is better than 4-piece T7. One skewing point is that I had one other upgrade, in between the 2 comparisons: I upgraded from the Torn Web Wrapping belt, to the Belt of the Ardent Marksman. Despite that, I know that that single item upgrade would not be so great, dps-wise, to make up over 300 dps of deficit, if the T8/T7 were inferior to the 4 piece T7.

I got the 8 head and 8.5 pants. together they have enough static haste to get 5% melee speed

Quote Originally Posted by Nizjub
    I got the 8 head and 8.5 pants. together they have enough static haste to get 5% melee speed
    What a pointless statement, you lose a bunch of other stats to gain that Haste rating. Also those two pieces do not give 164 Haste.

Anyway, I just realized that EnhSim already has the T8 2-piece bonus in it and, for my stats at least (which favor Haste rating over all other stats), T7 4-pc is superior but the stats on the T8 make up the difference so T8 is better.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46208
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45412

130 haste bonus, u lose hit on helm but who needs that? hit is over saturated on gear atm. 5% haste is 126.05 haste. So maybe u should read patch notes rax before u post

I was unaware of the recent huge buff to Shaman Haste Rating in 3.1. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Second, 51 Crit Rating is not a stat to be overlooked. Something you ignored from my last post.

Third, your findings are absolutely useless for anyone who gets any other pieces besides helmet and legs... which is very obviously the point of a numerical comparison. Why don't you understand this?

Gloves - Now granting EXPERTISE instead of Crit and give a small chunk of Haste for the ilvl increase.
    Chest - No Haste rating.
    Shoulders - No Haste rating.

All of which is pointless because EnhSim tells us that the T8 yields more DPS.