Thread: Gathering gear.

Nitroxide

Gathering gear.

I am a prot paladin level 80 (just to clarify), with pretty reasonable gear considering the amount of time i have put into him.

However the time has come again where i am bored out of my brain with protection and i want to do some brainless damage, so i want to build some ret gear again.The problem is, i will have to reset my gear to blues and crafted gear again Which will cost alot of money i dont have).

Or i can stick with prot and wait for the gear through heroics and raids. The problem with this is that even if the gear does drop i might be grouped with other people that want it.

Am i just being lazy or will it actually take ages to rebuild my gear for a ret spec?

Re: Gathering gear.

Its probably eaiser to stay prot and just spam heroics, get badges and buy gear also picking up some pieces along the way. Much better than starting out with crafted blues, you will never get into heroics.

Crazy
    Lemon Juice

Nitroxide

Well i could pick up some BS epic gear but building a reasonable set it still going to take ages, even with abit of luck.

15+ Year Old Account

gathering gear is ez.

in 1 week after i reached 80 i had 90% epic before i saw the inside of any 80 raids.

tho i spent all my time going heroics and spent ca 5000 gold i had from tbc it was fairly easy (tho time consuming) to get full epic.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Nitroxide

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    gathering gear is ez.

in 1 week after i reached 80 i had 90% epic before i saw the inside of any 80 raids.

tho i spent all my time going heroics and spent ca 5000 gold i had from tbc it was fairly easy (tho time consuming) to get full epic.
    Yeah but im in the position where im 80, good prot gear and no ret gear at all! besides some 70.
    Although i have been looking around and there is some rep gear i can get hold of, then if i do some heroics and get a few badges, i should be on my way.

Haxx0r

Dual spec has killed the game and made everyone loot whores.

Nitroxide

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0r
    True i guess, but im looking for a main spec not some off spec and to look pretty.

I WANT TO DO DMG KK??

15+ Year Old Account

More like loot hookers...

Since you don't just use the gear once and throw it away, without having a price to pay later on.

15+ Year Old Account

Inform everyone in your group on what you will need, that save up time and keep tanking until you are stuffed :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    More like loot hookers...

Since you don't just use the gear once and throw it away, without having a price to pay later on.
    true..

Any half-decent raid group wasted 90% of naxx 25man gear, or even Ulduar drops. Dual-spec saved thousands of epics going to DE everyday because people didn't had a chance to actually use that items. If you ever had problems with loot whores is because or you pug everything or your group fails so bad.

For ret:
    There are some quite good items from rep, lots of decent blues. You can use the weapon from Loken heroic, or just run naxx 10 and hope to get something more usefull. Just please let pleople know that you are going to roll on melee dps gear, so you won't hurt anyone.
    Try to craft the BS helm, it's an amazing gear that you won't change any time soon. Some wintergrasp gear might be welcome too, if you have some marks and your faction usually wins WG.

If you can't get hold of a decent weapon, either make the Titansteel Destroyer or use the Ebon Blade rep sword

Ebon Blade boots are pretty decent and theres some leather/mail stuff you can use as a temp till you get something with Stren

I find it amusing people want a hand fed guide how to get to naxx.
    Then because everything is hand fed you will probably be a terrible tank.

Here is step 1.
    goto wohead
    search for gear with a higher itemlevel than 150 which has more than 20 defense.
    then the controversial step of actually getting the gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor

Here is step 1.
    goto wohead
    search for gear with a higher itemlevel than 150 which has more than 20 defense.
    l2r...

As the tank, start heroic groups on your own. It's not like dps in a raiding guild will be hurting for heroic drops at this point. Barring that, chose who you pug with, leave out plate dps'ers as there won't be any competition for gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss

For ret:
    There are some quite good items from rep, lots of decent blues. You can use the weapon from Loken heroic, or just run naxx 10 and hope to get something more usefull. Just please let pleople know that you are going to roll on melee dps gear, so you won't hurt anyone.
    Try to craft the BS helm, it's an amazing gear that you won't change any time soon. Some wintergrasp gear might be welcome too, if you have some marks and your faction usually wins WG.
    Sword of justice is bether than De-raged-waraxe, i hope i dont need to explain it but if u rly dont know u can post here and i can explain it to u.
    second easiest wep to aquire is Wraithspear from maexxna, this wep is bether than some of the 25 man weapons.

for Head, u can either craft the BS head (wich is not far away from BIS)

also u can start out with WG gear and other pvp gear for starters, run emalon and need on ret pvp unless theres some other PVP ret's that need it.

Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Nitroxide

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor

Here is step 1.
    goto wohead
    Lol :/
    dont want to feed a troll or anything but thats not what im asking dude, just wondering if its going to take forever to build the gear im looking for,and in the siuation i got to.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mane&n=Leronaz

Thats my armory, havent played in a long time, but still i can tank naxx with that.

Best thing to do like a earlier poster said choose your grps wisely and/or get your professions up so you can take advantage of them.(which your choose are up to you or take JC since your have mining.) You can also pug either naxx and if you win a roll on tier items take ret set instead of prot. Basically choose your groups wisely,get your profs up, and a month of heroics and naxx should get you the gear you want.(this DOES NOT MEAN biS gear, unless your lucky)

Here's a little list off the top of my head of some gear that shouldn't be too tough to acquire. Although, it's either going to take you a fair amount of time or a fair amount of gold. Can't really get geared without spending one or the other.

Head: Spiked Titansteel Helm, crafted
    Neck: The Melee DPS one from Heroism badges
    Shoulders: Sons of Hodir rep, purchased
    Back: Cloak of Bloodied Waters, Gun'Drak (H) or AH, as it's BoE
    Chest: Breastplate of Undeath, Drak'Theron (H)
    Bracers: Vengeance, crafted
    Hands: Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath, Occulus (H)
    Waist: Jorach's Belt (Heroism badges), or Flame Girdle, from Nexus (H)
    Legs: Staggering Legplates, Utgarde Keep (H)
    Feet: Knights of Ebon Blade rep, purchased

There are numerous rings and trinket combos to use depending on your hit rating (which should end up somewhere between 200 and 230 ideally)

Weapons? Titansteel Destroyer hands down if you can afford it. Or the axe from Loken. Or even the polearm from Maly-10 if you can run it.

Hope that helps!!
    WTF folder, indeed.