Thread: Ret Pallies

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ret Pallies

As a melee dps class do people think they still do too much healing?

This is in comparison to the other melee dps classes that are able to heal, like enh shamans and DKs (Blood).

Example: Elkanzo doing 877k damage, 267k healing.

Also, Riottroll is elemental (in pretty good gear) and only has 35k healing done, and still less damage compared to the ret pally.

Re: Ret Pallies

Can I trade my healing for real melee abilites like interrupts, MS, snares etc.?

Hammer of Justice and Repentance are interrupts?

And the damage output is easily enough to bypass not having MS.

In my opinion anyway.

Deleted

No absolutely not, that would be horrible if that got nerfed. Not there fault that people hit's on the target with JoL (lal).. But that screenshot shows overall damage/healing, and maybe the guy have healed alot, who knows? But it's a BG, and that means they can be 5 player on 1 target with JoL (massive healing)... It's much diffrent in arena.

Paladins > DKs > Hunters > The rest > Shammies
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

The paladin in that screenshot was the highest damage dealer in that battleground, and still managed to do over 250k healing.

Also, Hammer of Justice is clearly an interrupt, it interrupts spell casting does it not?

I consider scatter shot an interrupt and I play a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakrah

This is in comparison to the other melee dps classes that are able to heal, like enh shamans and DKs (Blood).

Also, Riottroll is elemental (in pretty good gear) and only has 35k healing done, and still less damage compared to the ret pally.
    This must be Fake i mean Alliance Win?
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    Paladins > DKs > Hunters > The rest > Shammies
    DKs > Hunters > Healers > Paladins > the rest. imo

in pvp a retpaladin should be judging justice and not light...

If it has been said once it has been said 100 times, please don't measure a ret paladin's pvp ability by how they perform in a BG. Ret has the amazing ability to roll anyone wearing half blues or pve gear... which is 80% of the people in BG's. If you would like an accurate portrayal of our pvp viability check arena representation charts.

@ the OP: Ret's healing is always so high because Divine Storm heals 4 people everytime we use it. It is one of our main damage cooldowns and the healing is hardly noticed, but when its going off every 8 seconds it adds up. I'm not saying its useless but because its so little spread over 4 people its biggest use is to make us look good on charts. This is of course is opposed to say an enhancement shaman whos only "heal" spell associated with enhancement is an instant proc heal... I imagine if a ret paladin didnt use DS an entire BG they would come out pretty even as we have the same kind of proc heal.

Edit: LOLOLOL @ the JoL comment

stop posting stupid things if u dont understand the class...i bet 200k of that healing its overheal or it covers the recoil dmg, also mostly our healing is from JoL+Divine storm(and we use this 2 even if we are on full health) and art of war...while that shammy wouldnt cast a heal if his 100% doh

Photoshopped picture is Photoshopped.
    This user has been banned.

how is it the ret paladins fault that the shammy didnt heal anyone else while the ret paladin did.

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    stop posting stupid things if u dont understand the class...i bet 200k of that healing its overheal or it covers the recoil dmg, also mostly our healing is from JoL+Divine storm(and we use this 2 even if we are on full health) and art of war...while that shammy wouldnt cast a heal if his 100% doh
    was I the only one who attended the convention on "DONT USE JOL IN PVP TARD"

im bettin 10g that DS made up like 10% of his healing done. while rest 80% proly JOL. and last 10% whatever flashes, loh and what not.

so what?

This thread is now about high scores!

Quote Originally Posted by Capta
    was I the only one who attended the convention on "DONT USE JOL IN PVP TARD"
    So say you're fighting a warrior, who has no ability that lets them run above their base speed...you're still going to judge justice on them?

And you're calling other people tards?

As Ret paladin you're most likely going to use judgement of light on melee targets that dont kite you, dont underestimate healing it does on its own. Combined with instant flash of light and sacred shield you'll outheal some players in melee combat

No heal-bot or premade and the shaman below me is enhance. This was right after I reformat, so my ui is not what it generally looks like.

Edit-typo