Thread: Ret Pallies

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret Pallies

Quote Originally Posted by Bevan
    So say you're fighting a warrior, who has no ability that lets them run above their base speed...you're still going to judge justice on them?

And you're calling other people tards?
    I sure as hell would until I know whether or not he has nitro on his boots.... and if JoL makes up the (80?) percent someone mentioned than that's a lot of warriors.

Lol I think I've gotten like 100k-150k healing on my fucking warrior back when I was fury in BG's pre 3.1, using the bloodthirst glyph.

What i see here, is a Hunter who is used to being on top of the dmg done charts in BG's.
    Now, he got really annoyed because the alliance won, and the horde lost and on top of that someone did more dmg than him (omg outrageous!). He needs someone to blame and sees the ret paladin who has played very well in the bg and immediatly this hunter starts the hatin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

lol noobs need to stop posting pics of hour-long WSG. 1mil dmg in 1 hour is like 300dps...gratz.(i did that sh!t at lvl 70. want screenies?)

let it be known that Lay on Hands alone will give a pvp Ret about 25k in healing each use.

and for all you conspiracy theorists, overhealing does not register on the chart.

ps. here's one so far:
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Your picture is not very good, really..

The other day (Yes, I am Loyalar there ;P)

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Symonidas
    Your kills and the deaths of the alliance REALLY don't fit together..... :P

Right, some of the alliances might have left some time ago because it was against a premade, and the BG took 1 h 51mins, but.. Still :P Seems rather fake. But, gj if it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakko
    What i see here, is a Hunter who is used to being on top of the dmg done charts in BG's.
    Now, he got really annoyed because the alliance won, and the horde lost and on top of that someone did more dmg than him (omg outrageous!). He needs someone to blame and sees the ret paladin who has played very well in the bg and immediatly this hunter starts the hatin'.
    I hit 80 about 4 days ago, my /played is 1 day 2 hours 28 minutes. So clearly you are miles out on your assumption about me being top damage for years or something.

What I do see though, is a plate wearing, high bursting, high healing, gotta kill twice atleast character ruling the battlegrounds - I am also quite amazed that almost all other classes see it and still you refuse to.

Also, I was genuinly happy to see explosive shot nerfed, this is the 4th time I have tried to level a hunter, and I refused to be a faceroll class once I hit 80, thank you blizzard for nerfing its damage, as it was too much! (I don't give a shit if you don't believe what I am saying either).

Warriors may have MS, but they have less stuns, no heals and deal less damage to compensate for it.
    Rogues have a lot of abilities but are still in leather with low hp!

80 in 26 hours hahaha, please stop

im sry to interrupt, but listen up im a ret pala. been ret all the way.
    BGs is like: i have bubble and loh and i can even heal ok i have 3 lives, i survie in bg's. i have crusader aura i dont need to charge like warrs. and i am also smart to go pick up berserker rage buff and combine it with wings for extra burts and i pick up the lowbies with bad gear and low hp for killing fast and claim win.

If we look further into the class balance. retri paladin is not top notch in arenas.... like rogues
    for example, priests...

I cant solo a healer with 900 resil + ;(((((
    and i have top notch gear

and at last... pplz in bg's are undergeard do you understand the combination of all this?
    mostly of the pplz in bg's are wearing green/blue gear
    what happens when a furious weapon 232 dps is hitting you with 35% crit and so on`???
    so i suggest you go AV to farm honor its way easier couse well geard pplz will do the daily atleast.

i love the screenie of the GY camping with 2 healers.

i have a screenie of me doing 5mil dmg on a training dummy with NO healers. woot.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

The only thing I see in the screen shot is a good paladin playing with a lot of scrubs. That's pretty typical in BGs. The vast majority of people in BGs are in blues and have no idea what they are doing.

Not only that I have seen locks, DKs, and even warriors with a few hundred thousand healing done if they are good players, it all depends on gear, skill, and many other factors. The screen shot doesn't painy the whole picture.

Lastly paladins ONLY have their heals and dmg. They don't have anywhere near the utility other classes have. Yes they have a bubble and freedom but they don't have the MS, CC, slows, gap closers, etc. other melee DPS have. They have high burst and decent heals to compensate.

Like someone else said you shouldn't look at BGs to see if a class is OP. Looking at the original poster's screen shot rogues would look down right underpowered, yet that is hardly the case. Rogues are, in fact, the top of the PVP food chain is 2s making up nearly 40% of the teams ranked over 2000.

Sorry for the confusion, 26 hours at level 80 that is

I also do understand that low resi players getting one hit is the norm, and my hunter only has 607 resilience atm (my main has 929 resi).

BUT this does not excuse the fact that ret paladins stun for 6 seconds and nuke most people down to about 40% within this.

Think of it like this... if the paladin doesn't stun first, and it is a damage vs damage fight, who will most likely win?

So then take into account that the first 6 seconds of the fight you are taking a beating without dealing any damage to the paladin.

You get out of the stun and do some damage, only to see that you are getting hit by eye for an eye + his/her attacks.

Then if you do manage to get them low, they have instant flash of light, damage absorbtion bubble, and a god mode bubble if needed (vs most classes).

Versus any other class I actually stand a chance, even with poor gear. I can mitigate damage from casters by rotating feign death, scatter shot, wyvern sting, I can kite most melee classes once I get a good bit of distance between us, but Blessing of Freedom is pretty much impossible to dispel (unless very lucky).

Also I have the same problem on all my characters, I have an 80 elemental shaman with 900+ resi, a feral druid with ~750 resi, and now this hunter - all very different classes but all have the same problem vs Ret Pallies; too much burst and very hard to kill.

Eye for an eye seems to just tip the balance in their favour when I am on my elemental shaman, 7-8k lava burst but I get hit back for 2k whenever I do it.

Yeah, we should balance everything in this game around being in a bg for 30 minutes. Gud ideas, keep them flowing. Or not.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

I dunno how many times Blizzard has stated this but PVP IS NOT CENTERED AROUND DUELS. You going 1v1 with a ret paladin and losing means nothing. You don't get honor or arena points based on 1v1 so who cares if you lose?

As for your other points a good portion of paladins don't even bother spec'ing into Eye for an Eye for PVP.

If a paladin DOESN'T have their stun, trinket, or bubble up chances are more than likely they will lose a fight, no matter what class they are facing. So it basically comes down to if their CDs are up or not to determine whether they will win a fight. This also explains why ret paladins do so well in BGs. They can go in with most or all their CDs up, get the kill then get out of combat and wait for all their CDs to pop back up before engaging again.

As for not winning against other classes in fights... you are telling me DKs, warriors, and especially rogues and don't rip your hunter apart? Even with warrior's juggernaut and rogues in general being so powerful? I find that incredibly hard to believe a paladin can tear you up, but not these other classes. Most rogues can burst people with 750 or less resilience in the span of their cheap shot, not even including kidney.

Lastly it is VERY ahrd for a ret pally to kill a healer without any short term interrupts, silences, or MS. While ret paladins do well against other DPS they do very poorly against any moderately geared healer with half a brain.

gief retri pala ms :-\
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Yeah you are right, i've done 30 minutes of BGs... that's how I have 50k+ honorable kills.

That is 8233 damage in under 2 seconds (my pet hits every 2 seconds, and it has only hit once in the screenshot), the poor pally didn't even get chance to use his high range holy damage 99% crit chance hammer of wrath.

actually thats 6977 damage in 2 seconds.. you can hardly count the damage to your pet since its an aoe ability, by that definition every single AoE in the game is op since it does damage to multiple targets --> high total damage
    Also, you dont get killed by 6977 damage in 2 seconds, i remember the first day in Ulduar (before the warlock conflag nerf etc etc) a guildie did a 22k conflag crit, tis nerfed already, but 3488.5 dps, if you call that op

Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    Haha so true, remember when shammies use to be good at PvP? Fuck that was a looooong time ago
    I hope ur joking cus... elemental shamans pretty much own in the arena with a mage or rogue combo... u get nuked in 1-2 secs [yes exactly 1-2 secs!!! im not joking] anyway... yea retri palas are a bit hard in the begining but after there CDs are out u can easly CC/kill them .

topping dmg done in BGs by two shoting ppl in pve gear is HARD

gratz to the huntards that cant successfully melee a Ret pally. L2trinket/L2kite.