Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Deathknight T8 4P Setbonus ( HELP ! )

I think he was giving an example of the kind of knee jerk post that would pop up if the set bonus was buffed, rather than posting it himself.

Ok I really fail at theorycraft but this is what I was thinking...
    (keeping it simple and not thinking about crits)

T7 bonus now gives basically an extra dc every 4 strikes (10rp each strike)
    So that's 3500dmg (thats what my dc hits for in raids) each 4 strikes, making it 875 damage each strike

T7 bonus will give a free dc every 8 strikes, making the extra damage per strike 437,5

My scourge strikes hit for about 4000, reading somewhere up it would increase with 6.6% with the T8 bonus
    So that would be 4264, 264 extra damage.. Maybe a little higher when I spec 0 10 61 (I'm 12 0 59 now) but still.

So... maybe I'm completely wrong but if you look at it from this way, just plain and simple, yes it's indeed a shit bonus...

As far as i'm concerned Blizzard is fucking retarded

God knows how long they bitch and moan about how PURE classes are supposed to be top dps, then they go and release Ulduar and Blizzard in all its godly powers makes Druids top DPS. What the FUCK are you doing. Jesus H fucking christ. Druids? Come on.

Anyways, yeah... Set bonus is shit, Blizzard is fucking stupid for making T7 so good and even with the buff T8 is still a huge steaming piece of shit.

T7's 4pc set bonus even post nerf is still better than T8's- However, it can't quite compensate for T8's sheer upgrade in stats, as it did pre-nerf. Basically:

T8.5>T7.5>T8.0>T7.0

Some people get crappy bonuses. It sucks, but unless you can make a pretty compelling post on the Damage boards, you'll have to live with it.
    My main's a lock, here's the lovely 4t8 bonus we get: +5% crit chance on incin/SB.
    These two nukes are around 50% of any given lock's damage. I don't gear for crit except where it shows up uninvited, have around 25% crit personal, so this buff should be relatively optimal for me. (Meaning as far as locks go, I'm geared to maximize the benefit of this bonus)

My raid-buffed crit rate on incin/SB seems to be around 50%, so this means 1.55/1.5, a 3.33% damage boost on SB and incin. Again, they're half my damage, so the 4t8 bonus is (drumroll please): a 1.67% dps boost, and bland as hell.

Some people get crappy bonuses.

i think both DPS and Tanking 4 setbonus sucks. DPS dont work and Tanking setbonus SUCKS like hell! you get -10% physical damage reduction?!? if you get both melee and magic ams holds around 2 secs.. so i have 2xT8 and not taking more to DPS.. also i have 2x T8 in my DPS gear and well.. not taking more =D.. It sucks to be DK coz sets sucks but hey atleast we wont get nerf in next patch =D

For DPS, I'm starting to think that t7.5 x2 +t8.5 x2 + 1 BiS item might be the way to go. 5% crit on scourge strike, oblit and death strike is a very powerful bonus, and 8% more crit on DC is decent for blood and UH. 8% more frost strike crit is excellent for frost.

Looking at pieces, seems like head and shoulders should be T7.5 stat wise, as they are head and shoulders above other T7.5 pieces in terms of itemization (pun intended). Which two of the three T8.5 pieces could be debatable depending on what items are available for one last slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    For DPS, I'm starting to think that t7.5 x2 +t8.5 x2 + 1 BiS item might be the way to go. 5% crit on scourge strike, oblit and death strike is a very powerful bonus, and 8% more crit on DC is decent for blood and UH. 8% more frost strike crit is excellent for frost.

Looking at pieces, seems like head and shoulders should be T7.5 stat wise, as they are head and shoulders above other T7.5 pieces in terms of itemization (pun intended). Which two of the three T8.5 pieces could be debatable depending on what items are available for one last slot.
    But...the T8.5 head and shoulders look bad ass! They make you look like a Khorne Berserker from Warhammer!

Deleted

Yeah iv been looking at keeping the T7.5 and T8.5 2set bonus. I have that at the moment as i wasnt sure if the 4 set T8 bonus was worth going for. (blood specced 51/0/20)

Im using the T7.5 gloves/shoulders with the T8.5 hat and chest atm, as far as T8 goes thats the only 2 pieces i have atm. Mimiron is rude and isnt dropping vanquishers tokens and i have yet to down yogg on heroic.

Dont have the T8.5 legs as Clockwork dropped his on our 1st kill for me

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...4%C3%ACy%C3%A0

Which spec are you talking about? Because each spec gears quite differently from the next.

I'm not sure what spec you are, but I can say, for Unholy at least, this is not a good route to go. Neither set's 2pc bonus is better than either set's 4pc bonus. Not by a fair bit. Having said that, having the 4pc (and the attending 2pc from the same set) will be a fair bit better dps than combining both sets' underwhelming bonuses.

Based on my last recount for patchwerk (I know, not Ulduar, but still a decent benchmark for figuring out single target contributions nonetheless), my scourge strike accounted for 36% of my damage. It had a 57.9% crit rate, figuring that the 2pc T7 set bonus contributed 5% to that, and Scourge Strike's 235% crit damage, the 2pc accounts for somewhere around a 1.35% increase in damage. My recorded crit rate could have been lower, I know, but I don't think it would vary enough to significantly alter the performance of the set bonus as tested. Not enough to change this comparison measurably at least.

My Death Coil damage contributed 12.4% of my dps, with a 20% crit rate. Increasing that by 8% with the T8 2pc set bonus, gives an increase of about .83%

The 4pc T7 bonus, nerfed, is basically identical to the Dirge talent, which is about a 2.06% damage increase (It accounted for basically 4 of my 24 Death Coils on that recount)

The 4pc T8 bonus, applied to Scourge Strike, gives a 6.6% increase to that ability, which did 36% of my dps, for somewhere around 2.376% increase in dps.

So:

2pcT7+2pcT8= 2.18% increase in dps.

4pcT7 (with attending 2pc bonus)= 3.41% increase in dps.

4pc T8 (with attending 2pc bonus)= 3.206% increase in dps.

4pc T8 beats out the corresponding T7 set, by virtue of it's set bonuses being "close" with the stat increases overcoming the slight set bonus deficit.