Thread: Balance help?

Balance help?

Hey.

Been playing as balance since lvl80 and i just can't seem to get it right when it comes to good solid dps. I always seem to come in at around the bottom. I'm not looking to top it, just be a little bit higher. I don't have complete tier sets as i joined my guild around the time ulduar was coming so have some gear from Ulduar 10 and the rest a mix of Naxx25 and emblem items. When i compare my dps with other guys in the guild with similar gear scores on things like Be.Imba and WoW Heroes, i seem to buck the trend of higher the gear score, higher the dps. It's just getting really frustrating now and makes me want to quit my druid and level up my lock.

Here's a video i took of my rotation self-buffed against the heroic boss dummy. I only managed to get about 2.7k on it. Best to watch it on full screen. Is this normal for my gear level etc? I've seen other moonkins on youtube doing way better.

IFF > IS > MF > Wrath til proc > SF til eclipse end > Reapply dots > SF til eclipse CD end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfG4cu6lAZ4

Armory profile http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...doun&n=Gwahiir

If anyone could give me some advice i'd appreciate it.

Haxx0r

Re: Balance help?

Get your tree-helpers ASAP and spec into Gale Winds. That should pop you up quite a bit. Also, you need to get a shoulder 'chant, and you can lose about 1% of your hit rating and replace it with something more useful like spellpower.

Aim for more crit, drop about 50 hit rating, and lose the healing gear. Also try and trade some of your gear with spirit for better itemized cloth/leather pieces with hit/crit/dmg/haste and no spirit. And don't get Gale Winds, because you don't cast Hurricane or Typhoon on bosses.
    This user has been banned.

Haxx0r

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Aim for more crit, drop about 50 hit rating, and lose the healing gear. Also try and trade some of your gear with spirit for better itemized cloth/leather pieces with hit/crit/dmg/haste and no spirit. And don't get Gale Winds, because you don't cast Hurricane or Typhoon on bosses.
    Yeah, but it makes your numbers look bigger because of trash.

If you judge dps based on trash damage....EPeen forums are that way ------------>
    This user has been banned.

About gear: drop some hit ( i guess you can drop your offhand for some non hit one for example), maybe get best posible enchants would not hurt aswell.
    About spec: As boomkin is most likely your only spec its nice that you have one spec for boss and the other one for trash, i think both specs are good

My personal opinion is, that its just a gear problem, your rotation is good, your glyphs are good,your specs are good just get best posible enchants and better gear and dont give up. Good luck

Just a thing, talents like Gale winds are good not because it makes you higher on recount but because the time you spend on trash actualy matters, and there are fights with adds that needs to be aoe down aswell, so i would keep it, especially since you can use luxury of dual spec.

I'd change your rotation juuuust a tad, but it won't affect DPS that much, don't reapply all DoTs after your eclipse proc, just MF, then SF, with like 4 seconds left on the Eclipse CD reapply dots, and then wrath cast, normally the timing works out perfect and you can go straight back into an Eclipse proc if you're lucky.

Drop point in dreamstate and 2 points from intensity or moonglow(I forget which is more efficient, i use neither), pick up the other 2 points in imp faerie fire and treants.
    Treants are great damage for that one cast, especially if you can get them out right before a bloodlust.
    Imp faerie fire is crit.

As long as you aim for Lunar Eclipse, it would be better if you get the Idol of the Shooting Star as well...

Your rotation is good, but as Dessan has said before, you do not need to reapply all DoTs after proc, just MF.

In addition that it would be much better to add the remaining points in the Improved Faerie Fire & replace the points over hit cap as much as possible with SP & Haste.

Ahhhh & some other thing, replace your meta gem with the "Chaotic Skyflare Diamond"...It is the best for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Faxer
    Was is das
    Troll ...

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the help

I did a Naxx 25 run through with the guild tonight and well again came pretty low on the dps. Some bosses doing better than others. But still a big gap from near the top. The trash dps always seems to let me down.
    http://wowwebstats.com/z4kfq5tq1lolq?a=x70000000166399d

I managed to get the 7.5 headpiece from KT. Is the crit meta gem better on not going for the 25 sp one plus also losing a 19sp gem somewhere else to meet the meta gem requirements. So thats about 44sp lost. Worth it?

I have the 7.5 chest in my bank, is the 10% IS damange bonus worth on losing the extra stats for on my current chest. It's an Ulduar 10 one.

I've also found out that when i use this headpiece i am now down to about 207 haste and spells taking a little longer to cast. But upto 339 in hit rating now. I have no other gems with hit rating i could replace to lower it, all coming from gear now.

As for my spec, i'm going to have a look at it and try out the treants. I missed them out and the rest of IFF because i needed to put points in mana regen. I found myself dangerously going oom alot in 10 man raids when there wasn't alot of buffs, especially in Ulduar 10. What is better to use Intensity or Dreamstate? Also any other talents i could miss out on so i could have at least some mana regen? Though i've seen other druids with none of them talents. How do they survive without going oom?

O also about the starfire idol, i have tried the rotation with each idol and didn't really notice a different using it.

Of the 2T7 bonus.

With Glyph and T7 set bonus, IS is a spell worth using. My last run Insect Swarm was the 3rd on on dmg done (U25 boss fights only, Ignis, Assemply, Freya, Hodir), with avarage tick on about 1200. I refresh it douring Lunar Eclipse, but only on the first half of the durartion of it.

I wouldnt say you MUST have it, but i strongly recommend. At current, the trend seems to be either to have 4T7.25 or 2T7.25 and 2T8.25.

Also, id recommend not to just stick to Lunar Eclipse, i change it by the fight. If you start playing with Eclipse fight by fight, try to rember to chage the glyph too Thou, i ques this is gear dependant. My Haste is so low (about 300) that i can use Wrath spam with out clipping GCD, wich also means that its not high enough to really work the Lunar Eclipse rotation :/ Need to work with my gear.

Khadrazil ,bear in mind thou, that i might have some od gear on. I have PvE spec + gear set, but i also have set for PvE on map, PvP, Healing and Tanking too. And i like to tinker around with the trinkets that i have form time to time. My other spec is for PvP.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

Talents : iFF is better than iIS, so fill it before taking points in iIS (iIS is conditionnal and doesn't concern all our spells). Trees have already been mentionned, they are a big damage dealer and should be in any PvE build.
    Intensity is better than Dreamstate, so if you need the mana, then don't take 1/3 and 2/3. Fill Intensity first. Also if you need to put points in Dreamstate, then fill it before putting any in Moonglow. (taking Moonglow only for mana-regen can be done but only for very specific cases, so don't bother about for the moment)

edit : i see in your wws parse that you didn't have an spriest with you. iFF is already better than iIS with a priest and a feral in the raid, it's value only goes up when one or both of those are missing. Really, there is no reason at all for a moonkin not to take iFF since it's duration has been increased to 5 min.

gear : you're largely over hit cap, try to swap some hit items. The egg is a healing item (proc is wasted for dps, you should rather take the crit trinket as it's spell power proc was enough to make it third best before Ulduar), cloak and neck are healing items too (especially for the neck, the dps version is a very good item). Get the idol, there is (should be at least) a large difference since you are casting almost twice as many SF's than wrath.
    Try to aim for set bonusses, they are a large improvement even if the individual pieces aren't as good. Try to use Rawr for example to model the added value of a piece that completes a bonus. (though you have the T7 bis legs, so try to keep them if possible)
    The only worthy caster meta-gem is the chaotic one. It's not because of the crit rating which is indeed a small bonus, but for the fact that it allows your crits to do 209% of normal damage. That's worth a few hundred dps by itself and will largely beat the loss of 40 spellpower.

WWS : your crit rates seem somewhat low, but that's also partly due to missing talents (iFF), gear (4T8) and buffs (elem shaman or paladin). Nothing really wrong with proportions or whatever, though i'd advise you to cast IS more often (meaning at the end of Eclipse proc and at the end of Eclipse CD, they shouldn't clip if you manage your time left on Eclipse correctly).
    You should give a try to Adorielle's spreadsheet that indicates time spent casting though to see if you are casting as much as you can taking into account you haste and latency. Look for it on EJ, probably in the first pages of the Moonkin WWS thread.