Frost vs unholy in arena?

Hi i play a Unholy DK atm in arena with a friend of mine that is a Ret pala. We are doing "ok" got around 1800 rating.
    What im starting to see is that im getting nuked alot and i just wonder what you guys think would be the best specc for our combo?

Unholy have nice nuke and gargoyle and the ghoul but frost got nice nuke, a CC and unbreakable armor. I dont know if blood is good in pvp so feel free to add a blood specc if you think that would be nice.

Re: Frost vs unholy in arena?

Not long ago we started 3v3 with ret and holy pala, we are flowing @ around 1600-1650 atm. After we reached 1650 and dropped for 75 points because of same reason (im getting focused) , I respecced to frost and I must say its absolutely godlike with ret in team. You just do CC chain on healer and he ends up either getting full HC or Repentence, usually one dps dies after that. I got Sigil and Worldcarver tho, so frost gives me very good burst atm.

One thing I must say, I find harder to play outlasting games with frost, you lose some self-defense when you spec that way. So it will be either you burst them or they burst you.

I fought against frost in arena and must say that there burst can be incredible. Aparently they just fill up rune power wait for killing machine procc and queue up 2 critical frost strikes (second one with the 2 min CD) and rune strike. Almost 18k against me as a warrior at the same time they can prevent roots/cyclone (play with a druid) and can silence my partner. Additionally the partner can usually dish out a bit too.

Anyway, we are on 2000 right now and still have them once in a while.

I am a Frost dk in arena and i must say that i and a holy/prot owning...We have 1800 rating atm.... i was unholy but i haven't burst like frost... and if u have imp RT and unbrak(...) armor your healer don't need you heal so much.. go frost... it is awesome... and btw there is hungerig cold... cool....

I play frost in 2s. Unholy in 3s.

My 2s partner is a disc priest.

For 3s I run with disc priest and retadin.

The biggest factor for what spec you should go comes down to your gear and your partner. Sigil of the Vengeful Heart is a must for the frost spec. Your FS hit like a truck with it. I also use 4-piece T7. But when i run 3s im usually focused the hole game. So I choose to go unholy with 4-piece deadly.

If I were running with a retadin I'd probably play as unholy. The frost spec usually takes a little bit to build up your RP so you can get ready for your burst. Since frost isn't sustained damage it could become a problem when running double dps to burst down a healer or w/e your facing. In that time the other team could already burnt down you or your partner. The unholy tree's has alot of utility to help you survive as well and the ability to keep constant pressure on your target is really helpful.

I am currently at 2200 with my 2s and 2000 with my 3s (only played for 2 nights). I hope some of this info can help you out. Good luck.