new dk alt, looking for good money making professions

made a dk finally hes kinda fun i plan to make him my alt money maker
    wondering some professions i could choose from to make good gold on the side
    (my main is jc/ench)

any help will be appreciated thank you!

Re: new dk alt, looking for good money making professions

Mining / Herb

Sell all the mats you acquire. Or use mining mats to make stuff with JC main to sell. Why not skinning you may ask? Usually skinning mats sell for less because only leatherworkers use the mats primarily. 3 professions use mats from mining (bs, jc, eng) and two use mats from herb (inscription, alc)

Lastly, you may just want to follow your servers AH for skinning prices vs. herb. They can vary from server to server. Maybe you can make more money with skinning rather than herb on your server. Mining is always a good money maker.

Hope this helps you make a decision!
    "Nobody badduh dan me!"
    -Zul'jin

Re: new dk alt, looking for good money making professions

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    I wouldn't take both Mining and Herbing, you can't track both at the same time, so unless you want to swap all the time one of those will be useful while you're lvling up.

Skinning is a great second prof while lvling, since you don't have to go out of your way to do it. Borean Leather is about 50s each on my server, which isn't bad, but arctic fur still goes for 80g plus, you'll get a fair few of these going from 68 to 80.

At max level you might want to dump skinning for something else, if you took herb, then maybe try alchemy, flasks aren't discoveries any more so it won't cost too much time/money to be able to make them, and they turn a tidy profit, especially on reset day (Wednesday for me, Tuesday in the US).

I see you already have JC, which would be the one I would recommend to complement mining at max lvl, you can make a lot of money simply playing the ah, buying up cheap ore/cheap uncut gems, prospecting/cutting and then re listing, the best time to do this is just after raids finish (around 22-23:00 server time) as people are coming out with new gear needing sockets etc.

Enchanting can also complement professions like Blacksmithing and JC, making greens from cheap ore, disenchanting and selling, again the best time to list is after raids, there is much less risk here than JC, as enchanting mats have no deposit (gems have quite a hefty one, so if you don't sell then it starts to eat into your profit margin fast).
    I belive if you use "gatherer" addon you'll be able to track bouth mining and herbing...