Poll: currently moonkin wondering if i should go feral

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

47 and still leveling

discuss, thank you 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 47 and still leveling

Feral absolutely destroys stuff once you get Mangle. Mangle, Rake, Mangle, Bite next mob. Plus you never have to deal with mana downtime which is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Feral absolutely destroys stuff once you get Mangle. Mangle, Rake, Mangle, Bite next mob. Plus you never have to deal with mana downtime which is fantastic.
    sounds alot easier then spamming wrath and waiting 10 mins for mana to get back up
    thanks for the advise haha thats all i needed to want to change my spec

Quote Originally Posted by soad
    pointless topic is being pointless

useless person is being useless.

Kormega

Go feral, it's hard to get a decent set of Boomkin gear before endgame. Besides kitty is l33t for lvling.

Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    It's personal choice really, do you want to be casting spells or meleeing?
    "Do you like leveling feral or moonkin?" is a personal question...

"Should I go feral?" is not...

The answer, Yes. For all the reasons previously stated. Only time I ever leveled Balance on my druid was the first month WoW came out ... and from 70-80. Either way, I can't tell you much difference because when WoW first came out no druid spec was good for leveling and when I leveled from 70-80 it was in full pre-Sunwell gear. Feral, on its expediency, will always win out on leveling imo. If you like being a sudo-healer, then I guess you could think about moonkins.

Feral. Anyone who says differently either doesn't have a druid or they couldn't figure out how to play Feral.

Feral destroys boomkin in leveling all the way up to 80. The dps is higher, the downtime is lower, the survivability is greater. There is seriously NO REASON TO LEVEL BOOMKIN!

Unless you hate feral, then Failkin really your only other option, cuz leveling as resto fucking blows lol.

Switched to feral at 58... Nowdays the moonkin can be called OOMkin
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran
    Feral. Anyone who says differently either doesn't have a druid or they couldn't figure out how to play Feral.

Feral destroys boomkin in leveling all the way up to 80. The dps is higher, the downtime is lower, the survivability is greater. There is seriously NO REASON TO LEVEL BOOMKIN!

Unless you hate feral, then Failkin really your only other option, cuz leveling as resto fucking blows lol.
    Hmm, you are right but you're being a dick about it.

Pre-70 I'd agree with you. Once you get to Northrend though the decision really does blur IMO. I did feral 1-60 in classic, 60-70 in BC, and then balance 70-80. Whilst the class has changed so much over the years that I can't do a direct comparison of those, I found that balance 70-80 certainly wasn't gimped by low dps or significant downtime. I think I drank maybe 10-20 times in total over the entire 10 levels, and usually that was just when I decided to round up and AoE everything, which means the kill time was a lot faster to compensate.

Still, if you've got a full feral set already by the time you get to 70, there's no need to switch out unless you've got a burning desire to go boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Feral is zZzz-mode for levelling, easy and that but it seriously was sleep-inducing after a while.

I have levelled from 70-80 as full Resto with ease. Get a grip, the game is not really hard.

Boomkin is just a mix of both, you can be caster and still don't need a steady caffeine injection to go on.

To answer the general question, what is better: If you don't care about fun but only speed go Feral, otherwise Boomkin is an easy option as well. Contrary to belief the average downtime isn't really a big problem here, when I levelled my druid as Boomkin from 62-70 back then I think I didn't have to drink often (I've levelled a Mage which had to sit alot more) and still solo'd most elite quest save the real tough quests like Ring of Blood.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!