Rapture as a PVP talent? And more...

Was wondering if Rapture is really needed for arena? Specifically 2v2 bracket. I would also like to hear from you guys what else, if anything, you think isn't really needed in the Discipline tree for arena. I still took almost everything at the bottom like I would for raiding but some of them feel like they are less useful in PVP.

If you click my sig you can see my Disc PVP spec for 2's atm. I'm not going PVP crazy so it was intentionally still kept PVE'ish (I think) for dailies and stuff but I started having fun in 2's so I've been thinking more about the talent choices. Since I'm not ultra into it so I'm not glyphing for it, but what do you guys use. I'm pretty sure what I would choose...just like to hear what other people are doing.

Be gentle, I really never ever PVP'd as a priest. I'm all about PVE but I'm looking to expand since there's so much downtime between raids.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rapture as a PVP talent? And more...

Yeah Rapture is needed in arena. Pretty much so.

You can free 8 talent points by losing divine aegis and holy specialization. It just isn't worth it in the pvp outfit which doesn't have a lot of crit (the items itself, and also you will need some spirit pieces for regen).
    Imp. Flashheal is really good. When penance is on cd, this is your "nuke" heal usually.

Desperate Prayer is awesome. Get it.
    Also, 1 point in grace is usually enough.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

grace is near useless because you will be healing more than just 1 person at a time.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

True, crit doesn't seem huge in PVP gear. That's kinda why I thought Holy Spec would help but you guys make sense. Good advice so far you two, thanks. Freed up some points to throw around for me.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    grace is near useless because you will be healing more than just 1 person at a time.
    2v2 has lots of split dps rite?

Quote Originally Posted by phussbus
    2v2 has lots of split dps rite?
    Yeah I'm thinking maybe, at least, 1/2 grace is good.

Just for some background, the main reason I started thinking about Rapture to begin with was I see many people avoiding mana regen talents as a whole (except meditation of course) to pick up more survivability.

15+ Year Old Account

get rid of reflective shield if you want more survivability. unless they changed the talent so it no longer causes warriors or druids or dk's to get rage/rune crap.

but yea, for 2's i suppose grace is decent, however the minute you toss a direct heal to your partner it's gone off you.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    however the minute you toss a direct heal to your partner it's gone off you.
    Funny how it can also benefit them.

Ah I didn't even think about reflective shield giving rage. The talent seemed like a good idea since there's many instances where I can't do anything but sit there and heal myself because I'm getting beat on so passive damage seemed good for situations like that.