Stacking ArP as Pre-Naxx Arms Warrior?

Hi guys

I`m relatively new to this game, also my main char, a warrior hit 80 not so long ago.

I got lucky not along time ago getting into a Naxx10 random group, getting 2 T7-pieces and the Wraith Spear (Polearm).

I know, to be really prepared for raiding, I need to hit the hit cap. I`ll work on this now (it is clearly prioritized), but apart from that I was thinking about stacking ArP instead of Strength, because the T7 shoulder has some decent ArP on it and I have a Titansteel Destroyer too (Mace-Spec gives up to 15% ArP). I researched on WoWHead and found, that I could get a lot ArP items even before going Naxx or even Ulduar. From Crafting, Rep Awards, etc. I really (!) could get up to around 40% ArP with gear, gems, mace-spec and battlestance. With 20% from Sunder Armor and Buff Food, I can get to even more in raiding situations.

So what do you think? Shall I

a) take the Wraith Spear with Axe/Polearm-Spec and stack strength as normal? Or
    b) take Titansteel Destroyer with Mace-Spec and stacking ArP?

Answering this question also implies the answer to the following difficult question:

How much % ArP do you need for making it sense prioritizing ArP over Strength?

Another question would be: How much strength and crit should a warrior have, even if hes stacking ArP?

Need some advice.

P.S. Is there some application, that gives you the possibility to virtually and completely customize your gear with items and does the math?

Re: Stacking ArP as Pre-Naxx Arms Warrior?

theres a magic point of ap you want un buffed before you bother with arp stacking (its one of the forum topics youll have to dig it up) it was like 3200 or 3600 w/o bs i think

You want your AP to be around 3300-3400 before you start going for pure armor pen.

It is also very helpful to have an armor pen trinket such as Grim Toll or Mjolnir Runestone (Both give approximately 50% armor pen on proc... Grim Toll's from Naxx-25 and has some nice hit, so you could kill 2 birds with one stone with that one).

Since you shouldn't be going for armor pen yet, you should stick with Polearm Spec and the Wraith Spear.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

I also discovered this useful thread (I hope linking this is not illegal):

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....58459430&sid=1

Browsing through the items I saw a lot of them with ArP and TS Destroyer is also listed as best 2H-weapon. I`m puzzled why. Ok, maybe because it is very easy to get? What do you think about this guide?

It's a pre-naxx guide. Wraith spear kicks the shit out of titansteel due to a higher speed and being a polearm.

As other posters have stated I wouldn't stack ArP until you're in better gear.

Thank you, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmboski
    Stack ArP once you have 30% ArP Passive including Battle stance(10%),Mace Spec 5/5 (15%) (if used), and total percentage from character panel.
    Just remember that ArP from stance/spec and gear works at a 0.81 ratio.

So, add your tooltip, 8.1 from battle stance, and 12.15 from mace spec.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Just remember that ArP from stance/spec and gear works at a 0.81 ratio.

So, add your tooltip, 8.1 from battle stance, and 12.15 from mace spec.
    Uh, no?

The 81% applies only to attacks done on an unsundered, un-faerie fire'd boss mob. It's ~96% if the boss is debuffed.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Uh, no?

The 81% applies only to attacks done on an unsundered, un-faerie fire'd boss mob. It's ~96% if the boss is debuffed.
    That's what you do testing on, therefore that's what I report. Yes you would be stupid not to sunder up a mob if your 10 man or 25 man mob isn't being tanked by a warrior. However, I usually make it a habit to simply give base numbers without buffs or debuffs for that matter.

If however you aren't interested in the math on how sunder, FF, shattering throw all work with YOUR ArP...then RPZip is correct, your ArP will be more effective. I'm however a math geek.

Edit: RPZip They however, don't stack additively though, its a lot more complex than simply .81 +.25.

When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmboski
    Stack ArP once you have 30% ArP Passive including Battle stance(10%),Mace Spec 5/5 (15%) (if used), and total percentage from character panel.
    You really, really sure? Everyone can get those last 5% ArP without being even to Naxx! That implies, that I could ignore strength very soon, even if I just hit 80 and bought a decent (Titansteel Destroyer) mace and get some ArP items (for example this one http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44205?

Of course, you have to think of other things, like hit/exp cap. That brought me to the idea of making a "stat priority list", like this one:

1. Cap Hitrating
    2. Cap Expertise
    3. Reach at least 30% Critrating unbuffed
    4. Stack AP until your base gear gives at least 3k
    5. Stack ArP after 30% from gear (eventually up to 100%)

(Note: This was taken from this thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....63980834&sid=1)

What do you think about this list? Is it a good guideline? If yes, does that mean, you should NEVER fall below 3000k AP?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeFlint
    You really, really sure? Everyone can get those last 5% ArP without being even to Naxx! That implies, that I could ignore strength very soon, even if I just hit 80 and bought a decent (Titansteel Destroyer) mace and get some ArP items (for example this one http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44205?

Of course, you have to think of other things, like hit/exp cap. That brought me to the idea of making a "stat priority list", like this one:

1. Cap Hitrating
    2. Cap Expertise
    3. Reach at least 30% Critrating unbuffed
    4. Stack AP until your base gear gives at least 3k
    5. Stack ArP after 30% from gear (eventually up to 100%)

(Note: This was taken from this thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....63980834&sid=1)

What do you think about this list? Is it a good guideline? If yes, does that mean, you should NEVER fall below 3000k AP?
    3k AP is rediculously easy.

Modify the list then and argue why.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeFlint
    Modify the list then and argue why.
    Eh, why not just start saying recieve the acheivement for all 213 epic gear in every slot and then start regemming for ArP. It would be a lot simpler.

So just simply, don't stack ArP gearing UP for Naxx. Gear and gem ArP after Naxx.

Edit: Even better Download Landsoul's Spreadsheet on gear optimizing, upload your character and play with the gems and chants to see what is an upgrade for you.

Hey mate!
    well, to be sure of what you need and how to get there, you might wanna check out this thread http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37807-d...ps_discussion/
    this is where the theorycraft nerds share their info and they are usually right about what to do :P

also check out this http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-w...n_spreadsheet/

put all your character info into this spreadsheet, and it will tell you what you need to aim for

this all ends up in one question though, how far are you willing to go to learn your class etc. couse reading all the posts on that forum takes alot of time, but if you're set on becoming the best dps warrior you can possibly be, this is the way to do it
    hope you find this usefull mate. good luck to you.

Edit: Do not stack Expertise if you are going arms dps, as expertise will lower the chance for overpowers, and you DO want overpowers as overpowers > slam.
    anyway, arms dpsing is a prio list not a rotation;
    Execute>Rend>MS>Overpower>Slam>heroic strike(althoug many people dont use heroic strike as it messes with the "rotation" and due to human errors, you're not gonna be able to do this prio list 100% accurate)
    correct me if i'm wrong please

Quote Originally Posted by Kirrho
    Hey mate!
    well, to be sure of what you need and how to get there, you might wanna check out this thread http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37807-d...ps_discussion/
    this is where the theorycraft nerds share their info and they are usually right about what to do :P

also check out this http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-w...n_spreadsheet/

put all your character info into this spreadsheet, and it will tell you what you need to aim for

this all ends up in one question though, how far are you willing to go to learn your class etc. couse reading all the posts on that forum takes alot of time, but if you're set on becoming the best dps warrior you can possibly be, this is the way to do it
    hope you find this usefull mate. good luck to you.

Edit: Do not stack Expertise if you are going arms dps, as expertise will lower the chance for overpowers, and you DO want overpowers as overpowers > slam.
    anyway, arms dpsing is a prio list not a rotation;
    Execute>Rend>MS>Overpower>Slam>heroic strike(althoug many people dont use heroic strike as it messes with the "rotation" and due to human errors, you're not gonna be able to do this prio list 100% accurate)
    correct me if i'm wrong please
    Its not AS bad to be under the expertise cap for Arms as it is Fury, but its important to cap it or come as close as you can.

1 overpower < white damage plus slam.

aye, keep it capped, but if you can choose, i wouldnt go for expertise for any other stat aslong as it's ca capped.

Edit: i finally got BoH 2 weeks ago, so i'm still learning to play the Arms dps. so don't take anything i say as "good fish" like we say here in norway

Thank you for the links! With this spreadsheet I can answer these questions by myself.

warcrafter sandbox as well as rawr have some good make your own character things to calculate your stats and such

As the spreadsheet can show, there is point, where ArP beats out Str on its SEP value. Form there on you shoulstack ArP over Str. Later on the value for ArP even beats expertise. But its better to keep it somewhere under the cap. A smooth Rage gain more important. If you have much rage left, even with hs spamming you can try trading exp for arp.
    Spreadsheets are higly theoreticaly.
    You should realy first get hit/exp cap and about 30-35% crit in battle. If you reach this, you also should have enough AP.
    If your under ~40% ArP form gear you wont notice the difference anyway, as the SEP value and damage incease form ArP and Str ist nearly equal.