Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PvP Shamy DPS - any fun?

I can speak for elemental. Its fun in WG and BG's, not so much in arena's where you'll be focused first always. I still usually do all my PVPing as resto, its fun to get a melee on you that cant kill you.

People who say ENH pvp sucks either suck themselves or they don't have the gear nor skill.
    @ 1.1k resilience i am very viable in arena 2v2/3v3 and overpower people in BGs with ease.
    It takes time and practice and alot of dedication in the end people say its not worth it but hey reTURDins
    QQ'd enough they're now OP'd in many ways DK's we can all agree can DIAF but they're easy as a enh lots of fun making them jump alot.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    People who say ENH pvp sucks either suck themselves or they don't have the gear nor skill.
    @ 1.1k resilience i am very viable in arena 2v2/3v3 and overpower people in BGs with ease.
    It takes time and practice and alot of dedication in the end people say its not worth it but hey reTURDins
    QQ'd enough they're now OP'd in many ways DK's we can all agree can DIAF but they're easy as a enh lots of fun making them jump alot.
    QFT.

I dont like playing with that much resilience though, gimps the damage too much unless your're rolling with full furious and furious weps. Enh PvP can be pretty fun and quite viable if you have extremely good gear and some resilence and know what to do against classes we are weak against (rogues, retripaladins). I agree we are quite fragile, but we have quite a few tools to compensate for it and which can be used to outplay the opponent before they can kill us. Enh just takes a lot more time to learn to play with than most other classes. If you want it easy go roll a retadin or something.

For the armory police: My current rating was reached as resto with about 40 games last week to raise the rating from 0 to 1000, havent bothered to raise it yet. Didnt like resto, will try to go higher as Enh. I'm not saying I'm the best Enha Shaman around, but I know quite a few good ones that have a decent rating in 2s and 3s, and I havent been doing that bad myself.

Resilience is very important in 2's not so much in 3's can easily focus dps after 800 resilience.

Enhancement is a skill class hands down, and requires a little bit of luck at times. You will use more different GCD's then any other class i can guarantee it.

Starting off your a lot squisher then most classes, however if i knew what i know now it wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

Just reached 1550 with a 70%win this week in 2v2 100% attendance. Partnering with a ret paladin / arms warrior who are on 50% attendance.

I just recently started trying to build an enhancement PVP set (only ~350 resil so far). I fought back and forth with myself over whether or not I should go resto or ele since they are more common in arenas, but in the end I wanted to stick with my roots plus I'm the type of person who likes to go against the flow. I can tell you right now that you will be beat down a lot in the process of gearing up as enhancement. As some have already mentioned Retadins blow with their 3-4 shots in a single stun. Hell, even the new prot/holy build (which rocks) is annoying to even attempt to face without decent gear.

On a good note, Enhancement PVP has improved dramatically from BC with the kiting issues. I am no longer scared of hunters being able to root/slow them and will typically target them first in BGs. Once I get enough resil stacked that I feel comfortable (at least 500 resil) to start working on an arena team I will report back.

The only advice I can give at this point relating to Enhancement PVP is to have patience. If you are one that gives up quickly or prefers a class that is considered OP then Enh is not for you. However, if you like having a challenge with a spec that is not strongly represented in arena then it's all for you.

Personnaly, i really like pvp elemental. I`m currently specc'ed around my shocks(Reverb and glyph of shockin) and i really like it. I tried to manage my ui to fight against melee opponents. Those are usually more "excited" than others.

At first, i always hated managing totems. But you if you see them as spell rather than location strained burnen, they are actually fun to use. As long as you bind your key totems, it`s going to go well.

Sure sometimes, you`ll encounter some godmode people that 2 shot you, but 98% of times, it`s fun.

All shaman are fun in BGs. Arena is a different story. I've played since S2 with the same parter, a Ret pally.

We did Enhance/Ret - S2 (Horde)
    Enhance/Ret - S3 and S4 (Alliance)
    Resto/Ret - S5 (Alliance)
    Resto Druid/Ret - Now (Alliance)

As anything Shaman and Ret, we have very little room for error. Actually none at all. There were games where we executed perfectly and still got scraped. If you enjoy Shaman and arena, do it. It has it's moments but is very frustrating. If you are seriously looking to do 2's.. I'd advise a rogue parter if you're going to be DPS, otherwise go Resto.

3's is Meh... as DPS. But, who really does 3s?

5's is where Elemental Shaman will really get to go all out, not sure about Enhancement. I haven't played it at all this season.

We topped out at 1830 S5 and 1800 this season before I decided to pick up my old druid. Im leveling a Tauren Shaman because they are so much better then Spacegoats.

well i can only say that the games we lost were the ones when i wasent hit at all :P and carried by the healer/paladin? no way they both have no better experiance at arena then me

as for all the people saying "woo hoo 3 min CD stun on wolves" thats all i seem to need to stop a cast and burst them down.

as for the stunned problem, trinking/imp BoF from my pala partner, earthbind insta ghost wolf, hots from the druid, kite to my hearts content :P

people who dont play a enh shaman well will fail idd, and people saying they are easy as hell to kill must have either, not come up against a enh since the patch, or have forght some terrible enh shamans :P

Getting locked as elem is ALOT better than before. Frost shock wont ever be locked. You cast cast some totems, put some fire dmg, etc...

It could probably get better, but it's not that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by poir
    Getting locked as elem is ALOT better than before. Frost shock wont ever be locked. You cast cast some totems, put some fire dmg, etc...

It could probably get better, but it's not that bad...
    LOL It's pretty horrible. Generally if you are locked out of nature... you're also about to get stunned and burst down.

There are way way way more successful enhance shammys then ele. Spirit wolves in 2s is nasty.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    There are way way way more successful enhance shammys then ele. Spirit wolves in 2s is nasty.
    Aye, gotta agree with that. I decided to get the Deadly Glad totem this week and got an 1k rated team, played about 40 games yday as double DPS with a DK. Wasnt the optimal setup, but sure as hell was the most fun I've had in Arena for a while. After 40 games got the rating to the required 1250, and now I'm going to farm a few offset pieces and going for 1400+ next week
    Had some troubles in the beginning, but once I got the tactics down and I learned to play with the PvP spec properly we turned our losing spree into a winning one. We literally destroyed any team with a Rogue in it, those poor bastards just are so damn squishy. Every healer team was a joke also.
    Somehow we had a lot of trouble against teams with a hunter + healer/DPS. Also quite a few teams with someway of "resetting" stuff caused some trouble, but mainly if it was a double DPS where both could do it. A mage+mage team totally steamrolled us, no chance in hell rofl.

Just gotta get a wee bit resilence and it'll go a lot smoother methinks. Was runnin around in PvE gear and I tell you quite a few DPSers couldnt believe their eyes when I dropped them or their healer in seconds. Tanking shield from Naxx is win against classes with stuns!

Enhancement pvp one word: Spirit Wolves

If youre looking for a fun pvp class try DK?

Enh shaman in PvP, basically, for my play style, i lay down like 5 totems only, Stoneclaw (glyphed), Grounding, Earthbind, Poison/disease cleansing and Tremor. in most cases, the totem duty is pretty good mix with whats going on.

as for the "fun meter" i have a blast, only things that make it less fun is killing a disc priests, and resto druids, and only class that can shred through me (with 815 res) is a ret pally with CD ready to go and occasionally (but rarely) a good warrior.

as for dying all the time, really depends on the BG if its premade or not, turtle, etc. but most cases I'm always on top, and don't die

the "OMG" part of being an enh shaman for PvP though is easy to point out, feral spirits, which works so well in 2s, when you pop wolfs, then heroism, its just nasty to see numbers flying and the healer or DPSer getting hurt by your wolfs and cant do anything about it.

for Ele, wouldn't be able to tell yea, been enh for all my time. hope you have a good time for whatever spec you choose though. Enh takes time and practice to get good at.
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"