Deaths embrace.. interesting idea?

would it be plausable / a good idea to life tap yurself below 20% on fights with little aoe and just spam your now 30% stronger drain life and keep dots up? whatcha guys think?

Re: Deaths embrace.. interesting idea?

but you would have to lifetap like 2-3 times (maybe more) after every drain life to go back to 20% hp :P

seems like alot of gcd doing nothing else than hurting yourself
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

idk im just get random thoughts when gettin new talents while lvlin how much health does life drain give ya at 80? like 2k?

if ur talking about a raid than even if u lifetaped everything away ppl will heal u if u like it or not.. Most healers have heals that jump or proc to other players soo this idea wouldent work.. hell its hard now and days to lifetap and hellfire to death for no dura..

Quote Originally Posted by silverhope
    if ur talking about a raid than even if u lifetaped everything away ppl will heal u if u like it or not.. Most healers have heals that jump or proc to other players soo this idea wouldent work.. hell its hard now and days to lifetap and hellfire to death for no dura..
    thats why i said with low aoe fights (patchwerk, grobbulus, gluth) you can tell your healers to not heal you ya know

If you can start a fight low and convince your healers not to heal you, who knows, doesn't sound plausible to me though
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

anyone doin patchwerk this week wanna try it out?

15+ Year Old Account

The healers I used to play with would listen to you, and continue to listen to you well into fights like Thaddius.

"Oh he must want to be low" CHAIN LIGHTNING!
    "Why u ded LOL"

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    The healers I used to play with would listen to you, and continue to listen to you well into fights like Thaddius.

"Oh he must want to be low" CHAIN LIGHTNING!
    "Why u ded LOL"
    im sorry you had to play with those kinds of people

Dont think it would be worthwhile.

Then again if u ever get below 30% during a fight it could be worth while.

Then again you would have to be freaking fast at casting it.

My Pallys usaully have beacon on me so i have a hard time getting low.

Plus if u ever get that low pretty much every healer hits there heals dying lock button and then u get healed for like 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by Baako
    Dont think it would be worthwhile.

Then again if u ever get below 30% during a fight it could be worth while.

Then again you would have to be freaking fast at casting it.

My Pallys usaully have beacon on me so i have a hard time getting low.

Plus if u ever get that low pretty much every healer hits there heals dying lock button and then u get healed for like 60k.
    this is what communication is for

Also, most of bossfights CONSISTS AoE damage, with only few exceptions, like Patchwerk, you can also avoid taking fatal AoE damage from Grobbulus and Gluth... but when we see other bosses, there's no way that could work.
    and when we go to Ulduar, you can see EVERY boss doing heavy unavoidable raid damage.

The only problem i can see with it is that if u ask your heals not to heal you, then your most likly to die.

No

You will still get healed

Chain heal will heal you

Ancestral Awakening will heal

etc will heal you

even if the healer has no intention of healing you

and why break what isnt broke

why do you need to do that to beat patchwerk, why make the fight more complicated then it needs to be, just dps, and let the healers heal

dont kill yourself and tell the healers not to

this is a terrible idea even if it gets you your extra 20 dps or whatever your hoping to gain

edit - i used the shaman spells because i play a shaman im not sure what spells other classes have as well but i think like CoH would also heal you

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftfool
    No

You will still get healed

Chain heal will heal you

Ancestral Awakening will heal

etc will heal you

even if the healer has no intention of healing you

and why break what isnt broke

why do you need to do that to beat patchwerk, why make the fight more complicated then it needs to be, just dps, and let the healers heal

dont kill yourself and tell the healers not to

this is a terrible idea even if it gets you your extra 20 dps or whatever your hoping to gain

edit - i used the shaman spells because i play a shaman im not sure what spells other classes have as well but i think like CoH would also heal you
    youll only get healed by these if your standing near people who will need healing, or if there healing you even though you asked em not to. its extremely easy to not get healed if your healers arent retarded and you know what to do.

im sure 30% dmg will be much more than 20 extra dps, its an interesting idea i had and was wondering if anyone would mind tryin it out. yes every1 knows that aoe fights do aoe and healers can heal you stop being so pessimistic.