Thread: Frost stats

Frost stats

i have been jumping around with specs and what not do i just stack AP and str for all my gems and enchants for frost as i would other builds or do they rely more on crit?

Re: Frost stats

Yea, AP for sure. Frost is mostly magical damage so does not rely on ArP as much as blood does. Once you are at the hit cap, gem for AP (str).

BTW, L2Punctuate

with all the crit talents in frost there is no need to be geming for crit. Your obliterate / howling blast / icy touch should all be something like 75% + crit , so geming for crit is just a waste. For frost you want to gem str (not attack power) howling blast and icy touch even though magical attacks increase with attack power (str) Just gem for all str and make sure ur hit cap (melee and spell) and have a decent enough expertise for dodge (forget number). Armor pen is terrible for frost because of all the magical attacks. So just gem str as talents and kings increase from str not ap gems.

Ok, so this is more of a general melee question i guess. I played a warrior through classic and BC and have since switched to a frost DK... in regards to strength and AP... Does Kings only affect base stats or does it affect AP too? if i remember right, it used to only affect base stats so for str based classes like DK warrior and ret pallies, as a raider it made more sense to stack str instead of AP purely base on raid buff stat increases.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    Ok, so this is more of a general melee question i guess. I played a warrior through classic and BC and have since switched to a frost DK... in regards to strength and AP... Does Kings only affect base stats or does it affect AP too? if i remember right, it used to only affect base stats so for str based classes like DK warrior and ret pallies, as a raider it made more sense to stack str instead of AP purely base on raid buff stat increases.

Base stats. NEVER gem for AP as a DK. STR is just better ( the guy up there actually meant that, just said it oddly )

Quote Originally Posted by arshadow8s9
    with all the crit talents in frost there is no need to be geming for crit. Your obliterate / howling blast / icy touch should all be something like 75% + crit , so geming for crit is just a waste. For frost you want to gem str (not attack power) howling blast and icy touch even though magical attacks increase with attack power (str) Just gem for all str and make sure ur hit cap (melee and spell) and have a decent enough expertise for dodge (forget number). Armor pen is terrible for frost because of all the magical attacks. So just gem str as talents and kings increase from str not ap gems.
    Do frost DKs really need to be spell hit cap? Only 2 attacks that gets effect by it are Icy Touch wich count for so little and only used as a debuff/set up, and HB wich i only use on rhyme procs (unless aoe portion of fights). Been going with the melee hit cap but am i really losing much by not being spell hit cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

U shouldnt go frost without HB glyph..using icy touch is a waste of a frost rune.

Quote Originally Posted by icefreak
    U shouldnt go frost without HB glyph..using icy touch is a waste of a frost rune.
    Depends on gear. With the recent nerf to the t7.5 set, you gain more RP with 2 IT than you do with 1 HB, which, translates into more FS.

Read THIS for more information

Quote Originally Posted by icefreak
    Really depends, both one disease (glyphed HB) and two disease (glyphed IT) are performing right next to each other at the moment.

I recently switched from two disease to one (each use slightly different builds) with no noticeable change in my damage. Granted one disease is smoother, less GCD restrained, and less gear reliant.