Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.1.2 and still not one single change to ret pallys

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis

* Retribution - Complains that their DPS is shit and are convinced they NEED buffs every single minor update, with the odd non-QQ (1 in 50 posts ISN'T a QQ).

The actual truth;
    Open your eyes. Once you do, you'll realise your spec doesn't "suck ass", and that it's just you who failed, mainly because your eyes were closed, but also because every patch clearly needs to have "Like Patch 3.0.2 was for Ret!" in it's notes somewhere.
    i cry because they change the spec every 3 weeks. i don't want to be overpowered or underpowered. i just want to be able to play and play consistently. this happened with the release of TBC, where they jerked Ret pallies all over the place for the first 6 months. now with WotLK it's been 6 months and i'm still getting jerked...now i'm starting to chafe.

the OP is a fool for looking for more changes in this patch. a playstyle change as definitive as many have proposed would take a long time to implement, a long time to test, and a long time to fix. anything less than that would produce more bullspit.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

I actually think those retnubs should be nerfed atleast in pvp. >

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

If you can two shot a hunters pet, you must not be OP... :

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0guns
    i cry because they change the spec every 3 weeks. i don't want to be overpowered or underpowered. i just want to be able to play and play consistently. this happened with the release of TBC, where they jerked Ret pallies all over the place for the first 6 months. now with WotLK it's been 6 months and i'm still getting jerked...now i'm starting to chafe.

the OP is a fool for looking for more changes in this patch. a playstyle change as definitive as many have proposed would take a long time to implement, a long time to test, and a long time to fix. anything less than that would produce more bullspit.
    This has happened to everyone's play style/spec. Hell talent refunds 3 weeks in a row really pissed me off.
    You just have to get over it or go play a game where class changes never happen like..... L4D or Team Fortress....

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    This.

Let's delve into that thought a little more actually;
    * Protection - Comes up with ideas on how to improve the spec, with the ocassional QQ (1 in 50 posts is a QQ)
    * Holy - Comes up with ideas on how to make the spec more fun to play, and how to balance it, with the odd QQ (1 in 40 posts is a QQ)
    * Retribution - Complains that their DPS is shit and are convinced they NEED buffs every single minor update, with the odd non-QQ (1 in 50 posts ISN'T a QQ).
    Once you realize that all the FoL spammers in TBC went ret for Wrath, combined with the existing pool of terrible die-hard rets, it's not hard to understand why every ret post is about not pulling 1k more dps then everyone else or getting 2k arena rating without effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    Indeed, I mean comeone: slows, imba dps, plate, silence, stun, interrupt, pull and selfheals!

ow wait :-\
    dks are op (
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Someone clarify something for me... the OP is actually QQing about the Exorcism nerf?

If anything, Paladins need to be nerf MORE. Specificly ret paladins. Some level 80 in greens can match the dps of a well geared mage or rogue it's so easy now. And don't get me started about how OP Ret is in PvP.

Yes, it's 3.1.2 and there's not a single change to ret pallys, but I'd rather see a nerf. Chase off even more FOTM (or FOTE) morons who just want to faceroll and get ez epix.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    This has happened to everyone's play style/spec. Hell talent refunds 3 weeks in a row really pissed me off.
    You just have to get over it or go play a game where class changes never happen like..... L4D or Team Fortress....
    not really. my priest and my mage pretty much play the same as they did 2 years ago. they added some spells and buffed some abilities.

as a Ret pally, when i log in, i need to check to see which spells still work, which spells cause me to debuff/hurt myself, which glyphs got trashed, which abilities have what cooldown and cost how much mana.

a few examples for PvP:
    Spiritual Attunement - used to give me mana when healed. gone
    Exorcism - used on lock pets. used on everything. used on all pets. used on nothing.
    Divine Shield - this thing has been jumblef@cked since vanilla. the CD is changed monthly, the debuff is changed weekly, then i learn that warrior can remove it, ok.
    Divine Protection - used to make me immune to all physical, but i couldn't attack. now it mitigates 50% ALL damage with no attack penalty...buh bye gimp-bubble.
    Hand of Salv - used to be a 5min Blessing for lower threat, lol. now glyphed, this mitigates 20% of ALL dmg with no side-effects. macro'd with Divine Protection FTW.
    Sacred Shield - my new lovely. now my Ret has a 1 min shield that eats DoTs and makes my instant heal twice as powerful. no side-effects AND it allows Ret aura to proc. i watched a rogue kill himself from 3k->0 while i took no dmg.
    Crusader Strike - lol. used to be weak and refresh judgements, long CD. then it was a weak, no refresh, short CD. long CD again. then it was strong with a short CD. now it is a Rets #1 attack. it will probably change again in next big patch.
    Judgements - got the much needed overhaul in WotLK. went from strongest attack to lowest priority in one patch. gives me a buttload of mana when it hits. if they leave this alone, Blizz gets 1 win point.

there are more abilities that have changed and more that have become obsolete. bottom line is that Ret will perpetually get hacked apart and rebuilt.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

To the OP, do not invoke the anger and rage of GC. It is obvious he has little to no love for ret paladins. Patch after patch have only contained nerfs. You'd do best to keep quiet and maybe, the master will throw us a bone.

Also to Dunpealnl:

Ret > DK it's simple math really that you fail at. DKs were implemented for lazy players who couldn't be bothered to roll a useful class and level 1-55. If blizzard didn't have their thumbs up their asses during beta DKs wouldn't have been so OP in S5 and there may have been variety in the folks who got glad instead of holy pally/dk at 38%.

Never forget! Patch 3.0 and all it's glory, one day when GC dies of carpotunnel we might get buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by nucz0r
    I actually think those retnubs should be nerfed atleast in pvp. >
    poor DK can't get ez mode glad after 3.1 nerf?
    идиот.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WANTING CHANGES TO RET!!! FAWK!!! I was perfectly happy with everything we had going into WotLK after the hotfixes from the 3.0 release. Hell, I was happy with the nerfs to our burst and boost to our sustained DPS, because uhhh that's what they did (I actually gained DPS through the last set of changes).

WHAT I WANT IS ALL THE FOTM REROLLERS AND ALL THE HOLY FGTS TO GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL CLASS OR GO BACK TO FAWKING HOLY!

I'm pretty sure anyone who actually raided Ret in TBC (like myself) are still more then happy with how the class/spec is today. Yes we do need more, but no more in the sense of damage or burst. We need something more then just On Demand Abilites when our CDs are up.

15+ Year Old Account

If a pala in greens does the same dmg as good geared rogues/mages they obviously have L2P Issues

Funny how you do know how OP ret is in pvp while you havnt played any arena since the achievement introduction patch.
    Guess your main is a rogue or dk.
    Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh. I haven't been told "LOL no Arena means you phail at <insert class here>" or simply alt assumptions in a long time. Ahhh, that takes me back.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

15+ Year Old Account

Get your head out of your ass and you might understand me.
    Seen as you post on an alt pretending to know it all about paladins, yet you didn't do any single rated arena match which means you haven't played any serious pvp with your pala. So how do you know how easy it is?
    That's why I say that your main is most likely a Rogue or Death Knight because you can't faceroll anymore so let's QQ about other classes.

Am I warm here?
    Oh please! Stop! You're killing me! LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Looks like today is starting very well. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WANTING CHANGES TO RET!!! FAWK!!! I was perfectly happy with everything we had going into WotLK after the hotfixes from the 3.0 release. Hell, I was happy with the nerfs to our burst and boost to our sustained DPS, because uhhh that's what they did (I actually gained DPS through the last set of changes).

WHAT I WANT IS ALL THE FOTM REROLLERS AND ALL THE HOLY FGTS TO GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL CLASS OR GO BACK TO FAWKING HOLY!

I'm pretty sure anyone who actually raided Ret in TBC (like myself) are still more then happy with how the class/spec is today. Yes we do need more, but no more in the sense of damage or burst. We need something more then just On Demand Abilites when our CDs are up.
    ^
    This, except in a less angry tone.

Blizz is still trying to balance around Arena for ret, which is alright with me as the "nerf" to our burst was actually a buff to our sustained dps. People just need to chill and let Blizz do what they gonna do.. and true ret pallys pray we don't get nerfed into the ground.

(BTW: I was a FoL spammer in BC I feel the h8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

I welcome the ret overhaul and they can take all the time they want, ret is fine atm (by this I mean not underpowered/forgotten spec, I'm not trying to contradict myself ^^)

Though the exorcism change is quite annoying, as stated earlier. It went from being an extra instant vs lock/dk pets and meta locks/lichborne dk's to being an empty space on my pvpbar
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

15+ Year Old Account

Really your an idiot, not even gonna reply anymore. Obviously you don't understand a word I said at all, have fun with your Rogue/Dk or whatever your main is.
    Hahahahaha! Then be gone, /shoo. =)

Edit: Oh, and I do understand what you're saying; that's what I find so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    I welcome the ret overhaul and they can take all the time they want, ret is fine atm (by this I mean not underpowered/forgotten spec, I'm not trying to contradict myself ^^)

Though the exorcism change is quite annoying, as stated earlier. It went from being an extra instant vs lock/dk pets and meta locks/lichborne dk's to being an empty space on my pvpbar
    Yeah I'm mainly a PVE Ret(Holy when needed). So when I went into BGs for the first time in awhile during Children's week(I think). I had such a hard time trying to figure out why exorcism wasn't working, took me a good 5 minutes to realize i was wasting time trying to cast it. Completely spaced the nerf, heh.

Romeid btw, so the 4 year olds don't call me out for posting on my rogue(Uldaman).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Another fail thread. Is it me or has the number of them been growing exponentially lately?

Another QQ thread and with more QQ from other classes "demanding" that Ret should be nerfed when dont understand anything about it.

So QQ more.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Because nondescript blue posts about musings toward the beginnings of ideas for potential changes means immediate results two weeks later in a minor non-content patch.

Right?
    ^^^^ What he said
    Needs more LB!