Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Frost presence-over powered in pvp?

After playing 300+BGs on my rogue and warrior I sincerely feel this is the case.

Re: Frost presence-over powered in pvp?

Bear Form - Overpowered in PvP?

After playing 300+ BGs on my Shaman and Death Knight I sincerely feel this is the case.

Dead horse is dead.

Hey gaiz I'll go find a Priest and we can like loloutlast

Okay I'm a priest look I can run around and thumb my finger up my butt while you stand in Frost Presence and do the same amount of damage as you would.

But hey man I'm takin like no damage and I spam skillchains on people

Wow gaiz we did really well we must be very good
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

yep frost presence well actully deathknights are op all around with is why the ruined pvp and if your only 80 is a deathknight reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex
    Bear Form - Overpowered in PvP?

After playing 300+ BGs on my Shaman and Death Knight I sincerely feel this is the case.

Dead horse is dead.
    In bear form you do much less damage ^^

say your right, hey i have an idea, lets balance DK dps on the idea he will be in blood presence, that way, when he shifts into frost presence, his dps will be a certain percentage lower. but what number should we use....i dunno, lets say, 15%. that sounds good. that way, when a DK flips into frost presence his dps will be about 15% lower then any other equally geared dps would be
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde
    In bear form you do much less damage ^^
    In frost presence you're not getting the 15% damage bonus from blood presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    say your right, hey i have an idea, lets balance DK dps on the idea he will be in blood presence, that way, when he shifts into frost presence, his dps will be a certain percentage lower. but what number should we use....i dunno, lets say, 15%. that sounds good. that way, when a DK flips into frost presence his dps will be about 15% lower then any other equally geared dps would be
    Any DK that specs deep enough into [X] tree can spec for imp [X] presence which lets them retain the bonus of [X] presence while still in frost presence. The negation given by frost presence simply doesnt counterbalance the damage loss, if any.

Too bad it doesn't really work that way.

Go unholy find a priest stay in frost and out damage every other class while keeping the other team CC'ed with chains and DG.

You're Priest has so much time to do nothing once my charge(DG chains) / intercept (chains). If the DK is on me, which does not happen in higher brackers, then I can intervene and get on the Priest but the DK is always on my shaman.

This is coming fromy my experience as arms/rshaman vs unholydk/priest

WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    In frost presence you're not getting the 15% damage bonus from blood presence.
    man, you're right, in frost presence DKs do 15% less damage just like druids in bear and warriors who put shields on.

oh wait

no

that's wrong

druids in bear and warriors with shields do well over 50% less damage.

=/
    sounds fair and balanced.

Any DK that specs deep enough into [X] tree can spec for imp [X] presence which lets them retain the bonus of [X] presence while still in frost presence. The negation given by frost presence simply doesnt counterbalance the damage loss, if any.
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but the advantage if imp blood presence is not that you retain the 15% damage increase, its While in Frost Presence or Unholy Presence, you retain 4% healing from Blood Presence, and healing done to you is increased by 10% in Blood Presence.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50371

next time you might think about actually reading the improved talent sheet first. they dont grant the whole bonus. not even close. hell if it actually worked that way blood knights might not suck so much

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    Priests are overpowered, might not be anymore with the patch. Resto shamans counter Death Knights incredibly, if your shaman is having problems with a Death Knight, he's doing it wrong.Feral druids in bear form still do incredible amounts of damage, while also healing.
    yeah and warriors can throw on a shield without costing themselves anything but a GCD. i am not sure really where he was going with that

next time you might think about actually reading the improved talent sheet first. they dont grant the whole bonus. not even close. hell if it actually worked that way blood knights might not suck so much
    Hmm sorry, I missed 2 minor details. Are you that soldier?

Hmm sorry, I missed 2 minor details. Are you that soldier?
    i think it stops being minor when EITHER of those details, completely invalidates every facet of your argument. nice try though

i think it stops being minor when EITHER of those details, completely invalidates every facet of your argument. nice try though
    Well tbh i was just making a point. Really my main problem with frost presence is the insane *melee damage* negation at the cost of very near nothing. Ok so the dk does 15% less damage.. so how does that compare to the, say, 75% less damage that the rogue or warrior is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    with 5 points in toughness (15% more armor, part of my pvp spec) in my pvp gear, I gain 13.6% damage reduction from melee, another 5% from frost presence it's self. 18.6% damage reduction at the cost of 15% damage done, a GCD, A frost rune(which fuels all 3 of our biggest attacks and our snare).
    its actually a few percentage points less, because both rogues and warriors use a few abilities that bypass armor, especially mut rogues and arms warriors (very pvp centric specs i might add)

rend and deep wounds being the warriors, usually rogues open up with cheap shot, so (usually) no garrote, but smarter ones mix in rupture when kidney shot is on cooldown (unless they are planning to set up a blind-sprint-stealth combo) and of course, wound poison

Hmm shall i admit defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grats on knowing nothing. Go away and come back and whine about a class when you know a damn thing about it. You lose to DK cause you're a bad player and know nothing of the class' mechanics. Good PVPers know the mechanics of ALL classes.

So, until you stop sucking, you have no right to whine about anything. Is it because DK are OP, or is it because you suck? Until you knock out the second option, you have no base to stand on.
    So, until you get something better to do then flame people, gtfo

You can not compare frost presence damage to dps warrior w/ shield dps. It is not possible. Blood Tap, use the death rune for frost presence-slight dps loss. 1 GCD to equip sword/board, 1 GCD to go to in or out of defensive stance. That is 2 GCD's of not using damage moves, as well as taking away from our 2hander(s). Don't say it's just a GCD.