Thread: Conflag nerf

Conflag nerf

....They really have to do this? Its hard enough to keep up with good mages as it is with out the nerf, how do they expect us to out dps/dmg mages unless its a 10+min fight and in any good guild all the DPS is good enough to where mages wont have mana problems. So how do we out dps mages that are geared and know their optimal rotation? We can't and thats bogus.

Re: Conflag nerf

skill?

You cant.
    I > U

You're kidding right? Fire and Brimstone doesn't buff Immolate (bummer) but now increases BOTH Incinerate and Chaos Bolt damage by 15% against targets afflicted by Immolate in addition to making Conflagrate have a flat 25% increased crit chance.

And you're complaining?

I agree, it does blow, but FnB totally buffs overall DPS by quite a bit, destro is pretty sweet now.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by napaZ
    ....They really have to do this? Its hard enough to keep up with good mages as it is with out the nerf, how do they expect us to out dps/dmg mages unless its a 10+min fight and in any good guild all the DPS is good enough to where mages wont have mana problems. So how do we out dps mages that are geared and know their optimal rotation? We can't and thats bogus.
    • we are not suposed to outdps mages, we are suposed to be even and the one with most skill/luck will come out ontop.
    • if you want to avoid lifetaps, spec replenishment destro, the regen is pretty damn sick
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Not to mention that conflag now deals 80% of immolates total damage, up from 70%. Mostly to try and keep numbers about the same while losing FnB to immo. This change did make conflag specs without FnB a bit better then they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    • if you want to avoid lifetaps, spec replenishment destro, the regen is pretty damn sick
    I wouldn't say "sick"... With my poor'ish gear and 15.8k mana, it's not nearly enough to keep me running for long without LifeTap
    (15800 mana * 0,02% = 316 mana + 39,5 MP5)

The Imp is having a field day, but for me it does next to nothing.

You shouldn't even need Replenishment to keep you running for a long time.

If you're smart you already have Glyph of Life Tap, in which case you are casting Life Tap every 20 seconds to maintain the buff.

In a raid, casting Life Tap every 20 seconds, you should never ever run out of mana except for like, Vezax for a few seconds.

If your Destro, with the recent changes you will be smart and move away from Glyph of life-tap.

I don't know why this guy is QQing, I still out dps our Mages and have seen an increase in DPS since the change. Sure, conflag isn't hitting for the 17k it was hitting from when 3.1 dropped, but our DPS got buffed up some since the post-3.1 nerf. I am happy with where we are now, that being said, I would not be surprised if we get nerfed down a little bit. With only self buffs, I am doing 4K+ on a training dummy, and much more in raids.

15+ Year Old Account

hey brah reroll dk or ret paladin they give you skill

R.I.P. YARG

Seeing as I have more Spell Dmg, Crit and pretty much the same spec, I am going to say your Conflags are not in fact hitting for 16.4k unless it is a boss with a multiplier dmg effect. But I do agree about this recent patch being a nice buff for dmg.

I can throw out some numbers like ZOMG I had a 50k+ Incinerate Crit in a 10M!!!! Oh wait, it was on Hodir, with the flame Debuff up on him and lightning buff on myself...(Oh now it makes sense and it likely to happen).

Conclusion: Patch=Nice warlock DPS buff. Possible nerf on the horizon.