Feral Druid's intellect?

I was just wondering what was the reason that they didn't put any intellect on feral stuff in WotLK? It would be much nicer to cast more than 2 healing touches until I'm out of mana..
    In TBC all feral tiers and PvP gears had intellect in them.

Re: Feral Druid's intellect?

Because everyone qq'd about the itemization. Seriously, were you not one of them? I was, fuck that int on my melee gear, I'm no enhance shaman.

And besides, wtf are you doing casting healing touch as a feral? That's THE WORST heal you could possibly use in ANY spec (obviously, there are uses for it, but you know what i mean). Regrowth shits all over HT for feral healing, a quick heal then a long hot after? Yes plox, that means i can run around fighting and still get healed a bit.

Int on feral gear? It was a waste if stats, plain and simple.

i'm one of those ppl that is actually a fan of the pvp int

healing from 5% health sux i go oom then have to pvp drink just to go back to cat

really quite crapped up

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    Because everyone qq'd about the itemization. Seriously, were you not one of them? I was, fuck that int on my melee gear, I'm no enhance shaman.

And besides, wtf are you doing casting healing touch as a feral? That's THE WORST heal you could possibly use in ANY spec (obviously, there are uses for it, but you know what i mean). Regrowth shits all over HT for feral healing, a quick heal then a long hot after? Yes plox, that means i can run around fighting and still get healed a bit.

Int on feral gear? It was a waste if stats, plain and simple.
    Now this was the kind of "retard" answer that I didn't hope to get. But hey, these people do live in some places of the world, so gotta be prepared for them when they come back to light from their caves..

First of all I basically took the Healing Touch as an example, not to mean that I always spam heal myself with it..

And second why would it be a waste if you get a bit of intellect on gear without losing any other stats? When you know the answer for this then please, tell me.

It would be so cool if feral stuff would still have the int on gear in PvP wise.. why not PvE too (rarely)?

Quote Originally Posted by VirtuousX
    And second why would it be a waste if you get a bit of intellect on gear without losing any other stats?
    Because this would never happen. Why in God's name would they give ferals intellect without removing melee stats? They're already being talked about as an OP class right now. They just got nerfed in PvP. What the guy was attempting to tell you (though arguably rude), was that it was QQ'd about in TBC because intellect was taking over other key melee attributes that hurt their actual damage. I should hope that you would want > damage over intellect. In most cases, you shouldn't have to worry. I'm just not sure if you quite understand the very minimal situations in which you actually need int. I can see it in BG's without a healer, or extremely situational Arena's ... even still ... the benefit of shape shifting --> casting in caster form seems idiotic at best when being slammed by a few of the opposite faction.

I was just wondering what was the reason that they didn't put any intellect on feral stuff in WotLK? It would be much nicer to cast more than 2 healing touches until I'm out of mana..
    For the same reason prot paladins don't get int? If you looked at the terrible feral itemization in BC, you should be thankful of the current stats on your gear.

It would be so cool if feral stuff would still have the int on gear in PvP wise.. why not PvE too (rarely)?
    It'd be so cool to lose dps stats due to intell itemization for the <1% of the time feral druids have to heal in raids.
    This user has been banned.

And second why would it be a waste if you get a bit of intellect on gear without losing any other stats? When you know the answer for this then please, tell me.
    Because you *couldn't* get a bit of int on gear without losing any stats. Int takes up itemization points, irregardless of how useful it is. And lets face it, I think all ferals would much rather lose int to gain agi/ap/crit/etc.

I'm not saying having int would be bad. Quite the opposite, I, like you, think it would be nice. But not at the expense of other stats.

Now these are the answers that I wanted. Now I know that intellect was replaced with meelee stats, thank you. As I started; I was wondering, so kind of had no clue about the case.

Now this was the kind of "retard" answer that I didn't hope to get. But hey, these people do live in some places of the world, so gotta be prepared for them when they come back to light from their caves..
    Excuse me for making you feel like a child. QQ moar plox.

First of all I basically took the Healing Touch as an example, not to mean that I always spam heal myself with it..
    Yeah, you said this. If it's an example, say so. /sigh

Well, while not actually directly addressing the issue you raised, Innervate is no longer a practically useless self cast:

Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid's base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds.

This will fill up our mana bar about 1.7x rather than the way it was working where you could barely get enough mana from innervating yourself to shift form, unless you carried a Spirit stick around with you all the time (which didn't really help that much either).

And it will be a more usefull spell overall, actually helping Pallys (for one example) rather than being the sick joke it used to be to cast an innervate on them.

Also, I know it's a six minute CD, but at least now it's a CD I will blow on myself if needed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    i'm one of those ppl that is actually a fan of the pvp int

healing from 5% health sux i go oom then have to pvp drink just to go back to cat

really quite crapped up

spec properly and you wont oom Nurturing instinct + reduced SS cost + imp LoTP. i can go from 5% health back upto 22k i have in pvp gear with a regrowth + rejuv + 2 lifeblooms then back to cat and it barely puts me below half mana.

for the rest of your. Int was taken of our gear and we were given the mana regen on Imp LoTP as compensation

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    And it will be a more usefull spell overall, actually helping Pallys (for one example) rather than being the sick joke it used to be to cast an innervate on them.
    Or even caster dps. Screw healers.. I'm giving my innervate to a warlock =)

I assume the OP longs for the days when crap was itemized like this and this and this.

Now these are the answers that I wanted. Now I know that intellect was replaced with meelee stats, thank you. As I started; I was wondering, so kind of had no clue about the case.
    Tbh bring it back and let it scale with melee abilities too, ^^
    Problem solved, everyone happy ^^

So having Haste, AP (instead of strength) and other useless stats (ArP and Crit pre 3.1) on our tank gear is good itemization right? It's a bit better for cat, but far from perfect, yet to see an item with both Strength and Agility on in WOTLK that isn't a green of whatever.

The intellect was quite nice on the gear at the time, but now that the regen on mana whilst being in cat or bear has been buffed it isn't really needed.

The reason is because they don't want you to feel restricted to gear, therefore they want all leather with AP on to be appealing to all rogues and feral druids, hence offering more choice. If they itemized your tier gear different, then that would dictate your tier gear being better (like in TBC).

Personally I quite enjoyed the very niche gear available to feral druids at the time, was quite a challenge.