Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So how ridiculous is your raid dps as 0/13/58 now?

I was pulling 25% of the raid dps in Ulduar 10 on boss fights with everyone else sitting at 4k+ (peaking at something ridiculous like 6600 dps).

Who else foresees a nerf bat swinging towards this spec in the near future?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So how ridiculous is your raid dps as 0/13/58 now?

hopefully a small one, so tired of major changes, they can easily tweak damage with some coificent.

dont see myself being able to sustain much more than 6k due to warlock threatissues >
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    dont see myself being able to sustain much more than 6k due to warlock threatissues >
    Yeah I'm basically going with the "pray I can stay under 129% of the tank threat for as long as possible before shattering" strat right now. I'm considering dropping 1% crit from backlash to pick up the remaining point in Destructive Reach.

Haven't raided yet after the patch but the difference seems pretty awesome..

I played 0/13/58 pre 3.1.2 also and a quick, simple dummy test showed an improvement of roughly 700dps (only ran couple 4 min goes though so that is nowhere near a 100% reliable figure).

But yeah, this really seems that a nerfbat might be around the corner, ofc I hope not but we all still remember what happened with conflag when 3.1 went live :P

This is pretty funny if you look at the other post here in the warlock Forum QQing about how it was a major nerf.

I have found my personal DPS has gone up quite a bit. And yes, I would not at all be surprised if they swing the nerf-bat at us once again. We are not as op as when 3.1 dropped ( I had conflags critting for over 17k in 25Ulduar), but we are probably a little strong now. It is all about fine tuning us now.

15+ Year Old Account

Also, it has very different scalings than we are used to. It could be that your gear is set up for this more than other specs.

Also consider that it has no true execute, so you suffer sub-25% while everyone else benefits. Great for trash and adds, bad for bosses with 20k hp.

R.I.P. YARG

i dont think they are going to nerf this because the buff doesnt help pvp

and it does just a little more dps than afliction so i dont se a nerf coming

I really think Im screwing this up. Iv seen an over all gain of about 600 DPS but Im still not seeing the 6K DPS. What are you guys useing for a rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by EfromEchoisle
    I really think Im screwing this up. Iv seen an over all gain of about 600 DPS but Im still not seeing the 6K DPS. What are you guys useing for a rotation?
    Have yet to try this spec out (I will when I get home) but I'm guessing rotation for a raid boss would be:

Immo-Conflag-CB-Cor-CoA-Spam Incinerate until cooldowns are up. Try to keep Cor/CoA up at all times, but they are not priorities over conflag/CB cooldowns.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Curse of choice (CoE if no boomkin/dk, Doom if otherwise), Immolate, Conflag and Chaos every cooldown, Incin whenever all the above arent being done. Corruption ends up being a dps loss I've found. Also, you should be using a firestone not a spellstone.

As far as gear scaling goes you can check my armory page in my sig (4pcT8, Old BiS gear otherwise).

Note if you're trying to break 6k on a target dummy it isn't going to happen, the 6.6k I saw was in a 10 man with a fair amount of caster buffs.

Wow just wow.

I love Destro.

Im opening with CoE(unless uhDK/boomkin) Life Tap > Immo >CB > Con > Inc > Inc > Inc

Glyph's im using is Immo, Conflag and Life Tap.

Then use CB and Conflag as soon as they are up.

I came 3rd in the dmg done on XT lastnight. Beating all the mages a couple are better geared then i am. Also i forgot to flask for that fight.

May favourite thing to see is CB crits for 11k Conflag crits for 10k Inc crit 10k.

I love the burst this spec provides but its also very sustainable high dps.

I cant wait until i get my 2pc T8 and see what i can get Conflags to do.

Also im geared currently more towards Haste than Crit, Sitting at 21% crit for Destro spells.

Once i start getting more Uldar loots and getting crit to being about 20-25% without talents this spec will be crazier than it already is.

So most likly the Mages will all QQ now that Locks can do high Burst and High sustained dps and we will get hit by the nerf bat.

If your doing somthing different or using diff Glyph's please let me know so i can try it out.

so we no longer suck ? :P

The only thing different to what ur saying is to not use Life Tap, In my Current spec (non imp soul leech) I need to Life Tap around every 20secs n e way. So its working out for me pretty well.

Tho ill try it out with the Dummy tonight. I love beating Mages on the Damage from the get go rather than waiting for that sub 25%

After tonights raid, I must say I really like these new changes ;D

Spec&Glyphs : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9901

Don't have the exact numbers here but I did insanely better dps than pre-3.1.2, even topped the charts by a nice margin in couple encounters (I think I saw a peak of 7k+ in Iron Council which ended in 5,5k+ something overall in the end of the fight, where in before the patch I was lucky to break 5k peak with similar spec)..

Used CoE as curse and rotation was pretty much Immo > Conflag > CB > Inc...

PS. Yes, aggro is again something we need to keep an eye on, I really had to hold back a LOT in XT-002 which made me only to reach a peak of 6k dps on that one...

Yeah for 3/13/55 without soul leach you end up needing to life tap about that often anyways, so life tap glyph is good. For 0/13/58 with soul leach you have to life tap very infrequently, and the spell power buff is not worth the gcd that could be spent on another incinerate. As a side note thats pertinent to Ulduar with how much movement is to be had on boss encounters: Any time you are moving and CoD / Conflag are down, and you dont need mana, it is ok to throw a corruption up. That is a rare situation, but with all the movement it comes up more often then you would think.

You can always use CoD instead of CoE, didn't you have any dk or moonkin in your raid?

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328
    Curse of Doom/Elements-Immolate-Chaos Bolt-Conflag-Incinerate as your filler.

No it's not worth using Corruption in a Raid DPS Rotation. When there is no time for a Doom you use CoA.
    Another important Note.

Doom(CoE if you dont have Boom/UnholyDK)-Immolate-Conflag-Incinx3-THEN Chaos bolt.

The reason you wait off on Chaos bolt is because your incinerates have longer cast time, thus utilizing the haste from Conflag in the most efficient manner, instead of wasting it on an already fast cast, and you get two conflags off/immolate.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree
    You can always use CoD instead of CoE, didn't you have any dk or moonkin in your raid?
    Only works if the DK is unholy.

And personally, I am a fan of the 3/13/55. Ever since they took our hit out of Destro, it has become worthwhile to get put those three points into affliction so you are not forced into wearing two hit trinkets and very hit heavy gear/gems.

18%=Spell Hitcap
    Draenei in party=1%
    Shadow Priest=3%
    3 Pts Afflic=3%
    Which means you only need 11% from hit rating, which frees up quite a bit in the way of gear options, especially if you look at Ulduar loot, where you see quite a few pieces with Crit, SP, Stam, Int, Spirit, (or instead of crit, hit) which are very nice pieces for destro. Freeing up trinket spots for trinkets like Eye of the Broodmother is also a big plus.

big noob question but why shouldnt you use CoE when you have boomkin/dk in the raid?
    i kinda always do
    imm-> CoE -> confl -> sb -> cb -> inc and after that just keep confl and stuff up when possible

i have the shadow bolt talent but only cos some people started yelling at me i should take that talent (they were no locks tho). is it worth taking the extra crit with sb or is it a waist of points?
    o and btw my spec is 3/14/54
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9901

any advice is welcom

I'm loving this as before the patch I could out dps a lot of people in 13/58 as a non-competative spec. Now I can largely out dps the same people in a competative dps spec. I also love how pyroclasm is now proccing all the time, and I like how glyphing incinerate is actually worthwhile now.

No it shouldn't be nerfed - affliction or demo weren't, there's nothing for kiddies to whine about in pvp. I've played this spec the moment they redid the talent trees at the end of TBC and stuck with it. What destro can do in pve isn't anything DKs/ Hunters/ mages/ rogues/ ferals can do.

@ people asking why not to use CoA/ corr - think about it. Would you rather have to waste time keeping up 2 dots that give you *nothing* and aren't even talented, or just focus on your rotation? Destro builds don't have molten core anymore, so no reason to use dots - they are a waste of GCD's and mana compared to just sticking up CoD. And yes, if the target hs less than one min left I don't bother using CoA or refreshing it for the same reason.

@ Xlord - drop the ISB talent if you are actually serious about being competative, or spec demo or affliction. To use that is a waste of time, it messes your rotation. If they wat the talent so badly you need to respec, or failing that get someone else to put it up.

And yep - 13/58 is far superior dps to 3/13/55, largely due to having free potions for imp. soul leech. Personally I traded in the life tap glyph for the incinerate one now, and barely run /oom with myself, 2 other warlocks, 2 surv hunters and a shadow priest offering replenishment. With all the hit gear in Ulduar I'd just spend itemisation on hit and get ISL - I like it as considering how mana-ineffective destro used to be its one of the best talents IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by xlord
    big noob question but why shouldnt you use CoE when you have boomkin/dk in the raid?
    i kinda always do
    imm-> CoE -> confl -> sb -> cb -> inc and after that just keep confl and stuff up when possible

i have the shadow bolt talent but only cos some people started yelling at me i should take that talent (they were no locks tho). is it worth taking the extra crit with sb or is it a waist of points?
    o and btw my spec is 3/14/54
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9901

any advice is welcom
    With a Boomkin, or Unholy DK, they have a +magic dmg Debuff that they put on the boss, which has pretty much the same effect as curse of elements, and since they dont stack, and their buffs will be up in their normal dps rotations, using elements does you no good.

Before I try to help you choose a spec that will work best for you and your raid, lets check a couple things.

As for your raid really wanting you to Shadowbolt alot, do you guys run with mages that uses scorch? Or a mage that puts winterschill on the boss? If so, your shadowbolt buff does not stack with their 5% increased crit buff. If you dont have mages and your raid needs the 5% buff, I recommend you go Heavy Demo, (a spec where you actually use shadow bolt) your current spec is tailored more towards incinerate. I have tried and tested both of the following specs and done quite well with them. Before you see that they are heavy demo, and think about dismissing them, try them. I have had great success with these specs, awesome raid buff and awesome dmg!

Note that with these specs, you will gain ~10% crit, and I gained ~500 spell dmg. All from you and your pet being active and buffed.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000 Without pet raid buff
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000 With a raid buff your pet brings. (Should spec into it if you dont usually have shammies)

This is also a great link put together by a guy and posted on MMO for us, it will walk you through the multiple specs//glyphs//rotations. It is pretty well done and I use it myself.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=47314.0

The big thing is getting you into a spec that benefits the most from Shadowbolt, if you are destro, you really want to be fire. Way to many wasted talents if you try to shadowbolt.

Hope this helps!