Thread: SoC vs SotM/B

SoC vs SotM/B

I've seen lots of Retribution pvp movies for in wotlk now, and I see some are using SoC for arena and bg and some are using SotM/B.

My question is why are ppl using SoC ? can u really come up with that burst as SotM/B does ?
    I haven't done any tests myself, I'm just asking for the ppl thoughts.

Myself running a Retri/resto shaman setup as me as retri, I'm using SotM and well I can nuke down the other player quite fast. Haven't tried SoC but according to ElitistJerk they said just skip SoC and go for SotM/B.

What are ur thoughts about it ?

Re: SoC vs SotM/B

don't even bother speccing to SoC...

Yup, what the guy above me said, SotM is better in every single way, with a healer or without.

Dont waste a talent in SoC

The main thing is this... It is not that the seal SoC itself is soooo terrible that you shouldn't use it. The problem is you already have a really good seal to use in all situations that does not require you to waste a talent point and major glyph for it to be effective. In the end it just makes more sense to use what is already there and skip somthing that is extremely trivial anyways.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

The REAL travesty here is SotM/B > SoC but SoC is the one that got the libram lovin'. C'mon Blizz, thow us a blood/martyr libram already. I'm still using the freakin' Venture Bay one since I only get to do 10 mans

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    The REAL travesty here is SotM/B > SoC but SoC is the one that got the libram lovin'. C'mon Blizz, thow us a blood/martyr libram already. I'm still using the freakin' Venture Bay one since I only get to do 10 mans
    Lose your way to 1500 and get the deadly libram

15+ Year Old Account

soc is made for me who solo bc instance with a 2hander
    martyr would be plain suicide.. except that..
    Still looking...
    soloing things!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

I sometimes use SoC in PvP if theres absolutely no healers and I'm getting some constant stream of damage on me from several things in greens, mainly for the lol1shot, other than that its totally useless, specially when not specced into it

The only time i'd use Soc over Martyr in arena is if i was doing 2's with a Rogue.

Ive seen quite a few paladins > 2k in 2v2 who use SoC and they seem to do pretty good damage. They also dont hurt themselves when they dps so they are probably a little easier to heal. But like they all said: it costs you a glyph and a talent point.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

lol it is only 1250

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    lol it is only 1250
    Even better reason to lose your way to a really good dps libram.

I wasn't sure what the rating was because I got it when it was 1930 to get it.

Even better reason to lose your way to a really good dps libram.

I wasn't sure what the rating was because I got it when it was 1930 to get it.
    seems that you still havent understand how this new MMR system works...

Deleted

SoC is shite

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    seems that you still havent understand how this new MMR system works...
    What leads you to believe that?

I don't really care how the MMR system works, I know what my real rating is and that's what matters to me. Knowing how the MMR system works won't make me win more matches.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    soc is made for me who solo bc instance with a 2hander
    martyr would be plain suicide.. except that..
    Still looking...
    soloing things!
    Most of the BC instances that are soloable; are soloable with SoB/M. So why waste a talent point? Why waste a Glyph slot?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    Most of the BC instances that are soloable; are soloable with SoB/M. So why waste a talent point? Why waste a Glyph slot?
    dual spec is win
    i actually have a spec for soloing with glyph of command and talented in anticipation, it work like a charm

P.s. i dont pvp, i dont tank and dont heal with my pala!

I still can't believe SoC hasn't been removed yet...With the judgement of blood nerf and the buff to it's extra damage procs it's all you should ever use in any situation if you use SoC you should reroll WTB NEW TALENT INPLACE OF SOC Pl0x kthx