[Restoration] 2v2 Question

Hi, as my dual spec I currently have a PvP Restoration spec and run with my friend, a rogue, for a 2v2 team. We do fairly decent and put up a good fight against most teams, but I want to know how we are supposed to beat a warrior/resto druid combo. No matter what we do it seems impossible for both of us to stay alive either due to me running out of mana, i get hit too hard and die (i have 877 resilience by the way), or i just can't heal through the warrior's damage. We usually try to chain cc (blind and hex) one person and focus fire the other. My rogue friend just can't seem to kill the druid or the warrior and i can't hex trees . Anyone have any tips on what to do with this team?

Re: [Restoration] 2v2 Question

There is no tips, from what it looks like since tuesday's patch, unless you run shaman/aff lock, doesnt look like a normal rogue/DK/ret pally can beat a resto druid dps team, doesnt happen, you can spend all day purging off the endless hots and go oom or survive 2 seconds with the warrior on you, and when you get the druid down to 2% mana you think your doing good, till he intervates and barkskins and goes to 99% mana now since the buff in the patch. i run resto sham unholy DK, we hit 2010 befor tuesday patch, are now down to 1890 because all thats playing is resto drood dps teams that can't be beat. You can thank bliz for being 4th out of 4 healers in rankings in arena, and for the druid buff that they didnt need. Good luck.

Re: [Restoration] 2v2 Question

Im only playing at 1700 so im probably not qualified to give to much advice but this is what i do and it helps me. I play with a ret aswell.

I WS tank anything that doesnt have MS which is a help but i get my ret to stick like glue to the druid while I LOS and pillar hump my little bum off as much as possible while purging the druid at every opportunity possible, it does cause lifebloom to proc but they dont get the mana return and they spend a lot of time trying to cyclone / root my ret, if possible ill ground or shock the cyclone when in range but all this means they go OOM faster.

I try and save hex and repentance till the druids is low and cc their dps and then chase the driud to purge innervate.

I know this all assumes WS tanking but i try to as much as possible otherwise yes we OOM so quickly due to purge spamming and healing ouselves

I actually find unholy DK / resto druid the hardest even over resto / warr