Stormstrike debuff ideea

I think that the wf scalling problem that shaman experiences could be solved by letting the stormstrike debuff that is applyed to the target to buff the wf dmg with the same amount and to eat one charge on the target. This whould be placed instead of static shock... which is a talent in the 8th row on the enhancement tree and to be honest the low proc chance won't help that much. Many will say that this will be overpowered and i say then don't buff the dmg but you can sure buff the ap with 28% when it hits a target that has the stormstrike debuff on. Or at least give the stormstrike glypsh another 20% ap.

Think about it ... at least it should sound like "Lightning Fury: Whenever you hit a target that has stormstrike debuff on with an wf attack your wf attack power will be buffed by 20(28)% and will consume a debuff point for each wf proc that hits ". And this is not op because in pve most ppl use SS+ES+LB/CL+LL and only if you get lucky static shock will hit but for sure a wf will proc. and this way you can use all 4 charges of the debuff 100% of the time until you need to refresh the stormstrike debuff on target. This will buff up like 2-3% tops of you dps in raids. This way we should be closer to other classes that are hybrids. I dislike the fact they try to make the gear improvements to skills... I think this should be a problem of talent customization not some tier 2 or 4 pieces set.

Deleted

Re: Stormstrike debuff ideea

Sorry you haven't thought that through. Typically with entry level Ulduar gear you see your AP when buffed around the 6k mark, with procs (eg: berserker & trinkets) this can easily go up past 7k. With BiS Ulduar gear I'd not be surprised to see 8-9k AP. Your suggestion scales way too much.

So lets see the effect of your suggestion :

Lets assume that at worst case you get one WF proc every 8 seconds ie: only 1 per SS, is very unlikely it would be that rare typically you get more than that but for the purposes of not over hyping your suggestion lets assume only one WF proc/8 seconds. So we have +28% AP boost to our WF even with pre-Ulduar gear thats around +1700 AP rising to around +2500 AP.

It is not at all clear from your post but I'll assume that the buff only applies to that WF hit, and its a buff you get to your AP that lasts any duration as it would have almost 100% uptime, which would be effectively a 1700-2500 AP permanent buff ie: WAY WAY over powered. So assuming WF only that's +1700 or 121.4 dps * 2 (you get two extra WF attacks). So at entry level Ulduar you are suggesting AT LEAST a 242.8 dps buff. At BiS Ulduar gear you are talking about around the 360 mark. All of this is assuming the random number generator HATES you and gives you only one WF proc per 8 seconds on average and doesn't even take into account the fact that 40%+ of those WF procs would be crits boosting the numbers still further.

The problem really isn't that your suggestion is bad per-se its that it introduces a lot more burst which is something blizzard is specifically trying to reduce especially in PvP. Any suggestion that goes directly against their stated policy is doomed to failure.

there is a WF scaling problem?

Yes, please explain.

How bout this, make Storm Strike give a guaranteed proc of whatever imbue is on the weapon, that would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    How bout this, make Storm Strike give a guaranteed proc of whatever imbue is on the weapon, that would make me happy.
    Not a bad suggestion, actually. It would stabilize WF procs a bit more, meaning it's a burst reduction. Though WF's damage would of course see a slight reduction to make up for happening more often.
    Of course, Rogues would cry due to Shiv... blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    Not a bad suggestion, actually. It would stabilize WF procs a bit more, meaning it's a burst reduction. Though WF's damage would of course see a slight reduction to make up for happening more often.
    Of course, Rogues would cry due to Shiv... blegh.
    Well if anything they can put a 12 second CD on the auto proc so you can only use it every other SS which would balance it and give a little burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Well if anything they can put a 12 second CD on the auto proc so you can only use it every other SS which would balance it and give a little burst.
    ...which isn't what Blizzard wants, remember? They want to cut down burst.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    ...which isn't what Blizzard wants, remember? They want to cut down burst.
    Ya but I want a guaranteed WF, and i bet if someone posted that on the official forums they would look into it. Having a guaranteed WF every 16 seconds inst that big of a deal honestly. On my DK i get like 1-3 KM procs in way less time than it takes for a WF to proc (in most cases). Even making it so when you use SS your next main hand attack is a guaranteed proc with a 12 sec CD.