Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Pally and Priesty discipline tactics

Here is what you need to know. Make a macro that goes /target healer /cast cleanse. Congrats, you are now a skilled Retlol and can go on facerolling. If you want to advance to superskilled keybind this macro!
    My whineposts are better than yours.

funny how many ret haters there are in spite of ret being perfectly balanced as far as arena representation :/
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    funny how many ret haters there are in spite of ret being perfectly balanced as far as arena representation :/
    The hate comes from the fact that Ret has the lowest skillcap ever seen in WoW to date. It´s just so stupidly easy to be a Ret pala if you have the gear.
    My whineposts are better than yours.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    The hate comes from the fact that Ret has the lowest skillcap ever seen in WoW to date. It´s just so stupidly easy to be a Ret pala if you have the gear.
    its easy to deal dmg as ret. But a good ret knows when and how to CC to kill in arena.

its easy to deal dmg as ret. But a good ret knows when and how to CC to kill in arena.
    ^ agree 100% here. I've seen only 1-2 good retri that have really good view over the game and time the limited cc they have very well.

Yea, because it's sooo much harder being a rogue, warrior, DK, mage, warlock, hunter - as long as you've played the class for a while.
    We have a simple dps rotation *yes*, which is based on GCD - but that's not our fault is it? Try to play in 3v3 as a ret, timing freedom on either dps partner/healer, timing bop in correct situation, timing repetance without making it useless and making it break, timing art of war insta heals to support any of your partner, timing justice in rotation with your other partner. All this while still assisting with massive DPS output. You can put your comment where the sun never shines.
    If there's any class that's tricky to play in arena/pvp, it is disc-priest - and if you can't see why go reroll game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentpole
    If there's any class that's tricky to play in arena/pvp, it is disc-priest - and if you can't see why go reroll game.
    I fail to see how disc-priest could be hard. You basically chase the other healer around the arena for the whole game trying to mana burn and fear. If either of you or your partner is low, 1 penance solves all the problem. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thriller
    I fail to see how disc-priest could be hard. You basically chase the other healer around the arena for the whole game trying to mana burn and fear. If either of you or your partner is low, 1 penance solves all the problem. Prove me wrong.
    Cuz healing in arenas is always just a walk in the park. Since penance obv is the I win button there is no point in wasting another Global cd... This is prob up there with rogues complaining how pve healing is just activating healbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    this is actually true.

the gear you describe is BiS ulduar mixed with pvp offpieces.

this is true of any class, sorry. gear lowers skill required of anyone, sorry

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Tentpole
    Yea, because it's sooo much harder being a rogue, warrior, DK, mage, warlock, hunter - as long as you've played the class for a while.
    We have a simple dps rotation *yes*, which is based on GCD - but that's not our fault is it? Try to play in 3v3 as a ret, timing freedom on either dps partner/healer, timing bop in correct situation, timing repetance without making it useless and making it break, timing art of war insta heals to support any of your partner, timing justice in rotation with your other partner. All this while still assisting with massive DPS output. You can put your comment where the sun never shines.
    Yeah I mean, because paladins are the only class with lots of tools?
    Rogue -> timing stunlocks, blinds, saps, big cooldowns, knowing to use them offensively or defensively, supporting partner by switching targets, managing energy all while being easily snare-able and somewhat prone to being gibbed.
    Warrior -> being able to shift between extreme offensive to extreme defensive at the precise moment needed due to a huge vulnerability when in the open trying to deal damage, as well as using intervene, fear, disarm, spell reflect and all the rest at the right times.
    DK -> the amount of tools a Death Knight has is obviously enough to exemplify to you how much harder it is to completely utilise every single ability to the maximum potential, even if you don't have to use them all in most games.
    Mage -> Not wasting cold snap, getting shatter barrier used at the right moment for a combo, using pet right, using ice block right, saving blink so it's not on CD at a crucial moment, getting shatter combos in general, avoiding lockdowns, counterspelling, not to mention what other specs need to watch for
    Lock -> Pet management, maintaining dots on multiple targets, or keeping a fear rotation up on targets, timing burst perfectly to bring someone down after dot ticks, not wasting teleport, in fact getting teleport right in the first place, saving death coil for perfect timing, Howl of Terror, and all the tools destro and demonology get too
    Hunter -> _PET MANAGEMENT_ is a huge focus for hunters and can be quite difficult, trap management and making sure you don't waste the cooldown, while also knowing when to go for L&L procs to burst people down when they're low, setting up long CC chains through scatter shot, traps and wyvern sting, so on and so on.

To genuinely entertain that Ret has a larger array of tools than any other class ingame currently, or that it has more to watch for is a complete fallacy, and to be frank with you I'd say it's pretty naive to say all you've said. You seem woefully inexperienced in PvP and it really wouldn't shock me if you either never played prior to wrath, or were horribly rated. The mechanics haven't changed much when it comes to ret playstyle from then and now, the only big factor is simply that we actually do enough self-sustained damage now to bring things down.

everyone has to worry about themselves, yes.

ret has to manage EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM

dont be stupid, please

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    everyone has to worry about themselves, yes.

ret has to manage EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM

dont be stupid, please
    Sorry but, seriously, shut up.
    Ret has never had as much to worry about as a majority of other classes simply because dealing damage and keeping control as ret is so obscenely easy, it was since 2.3 and it will most probably continue to be.
    Being able to use a few spells here and there to support your team doesn't mean you're managing it by ANY stretch of the imagination, you're just doing what the spells are designed for, SUPPORTING.

Ret between TBC and Wrath changed pretty marginally when it came to utility, so, how can you genuinely entertain (if of course, you had any major part whatsoever in serious TBC PvP) that ret has to do all the work for the team when in TBC other classes were considered as having a higher skill cap for team support?

Quote Originally Posted by wordup
    a few spells here and there
    if you're not using your gcd for something, then youre a bad ret.

you simply do not understand how much management there is

Deleted

Also don't forget to use Divine Guardian, when you have bubbled ;D
    and please, lets stay on the topic guys, I find this thread very helpful since i started 2x2 with a disc recently, keep posting your suggestions and strategies

Quote Originally Posted by darkanger4
    Also don't forget to use Divine Guardian, when you have bubbled ;D
    and please, lets stay on the topic guys, I find this thread very helpful since i started 2x2 with a disc recently, keep posting your suggestions and strategies
    no. you must forget divine guardian. ret is a no brainer, duh

anyways, theyd rather bitch and moan than be productive

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    anyways, theyd rather bitch and moan than be productive

hi all. Now as you can see from my Armory we are down to 1480 rating. We meet only dudu
    dk (and we can't kill the dudu, cause the dk silence/ stun / and various cc on the priest, and he can't do mana burn) and another anathema to
    my team are the shammy and warlock (or warlock and rogue). I am constantly the fear (the priest can
    dispell the fear only a few times) and the shammy continues to escape and can not ever give a decisive blow to
    kill him, has always a thread of mana which allows him to heal.What can I do?

on topic, i generally dont use divine guardian during bubble in 2's. just because if theyre being destroyed, the % transfered to you isn't going to really hurt you.

and if you bubbled to save yourself, you dont need to guardian because there is no pressure on your priest

To genuinely entertain that Ret has a larger array of tools than any other class ingame currently, or that it has more to watch for is a complete fallacy, and to be frank with you I'd say it's pretty naive to say all you've said. You seem woefully inexperienced in PvP and it really wouldn't shock me if you either never played prior to wrath, or were horribly rated. The mechanics haven't changed much when it comes to ret playstyle from then and now, the only big factor is simply that we actually do enough self-sustained damage now to bring things down.
    I lolled ;D