Alchemy Discoveries

So I have monstrous OCD and am determined to get every alchemy pattern. I am 11 away and most are in reach...

... except the three TBC discoveries I still need. About 3 months ago, I got my last Wotlk discovery and have been ping-ponging the same primal mana/primal fire back and forth to discover the two TBC xmutes I need with zero luck. I don't care about converting for money as I'd rather always have the primal on me to convert - it helps insure that I do it every day without fail. I have done at least 100 xmutes so far.

I also need one flask discovery and after making an ungodly amount of Major Agility elixirs, nothing.

So what gives? The Wotlk discoveries literally all came in two weeks, but these last TBC ones have been no-shows. Has anyone gotten a TBC discovery recently?

Re: Alchemy Discoveries

Well, sometimes I discover a tbc flasks when making potions or elixirs. Not sure if that is what you're looking for but yes: you can still discover tbc stuff :P

i have every single TBC discovery and i leveled alchemy up a little later in TBC, however in wotlk i hit 450 alch about 1 week after i hit 80 which took about 1 week, i have yet to see any wotlk discoveries.... RNG is a bitch

On the subject of discoveries, is it safe to assume that if you discover nothing with the Northrend research 4x in a row, then there is nothing left you can discover from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamster
    i have every single TBC discovery and i leveled alchemy up a little later in TBC, however in wotlk i hit 450 alch about 1 week after i hit 80 which took about 1 week, i have yet to see any wotlk discoveries.... RNG is a bitch
    northrend discovery
    google it

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros
    On the subject of discoveries, is it safe to assume that if you discover nothing with the Northrend research 4x in a row, then there is nothing left you can discover from it?
    Yes, until they add more to it in later patches.

Quote Originally Posted by fiziix
    shamster....you know you only get discoverys from the northrend reasearch thing right? theres no possible way you could have no discoverys.....

and yes, once you stop getting the discoverys from the reasearch thing, theres no more to find, same goes for transmutes, after afew weeks u will have every one.

i dont have ANY of the transmute discoveries is what im saying i have all the normal elixirs and potions one

Use http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60350 a few times, that is how you discover transmutes. Once you have a decent one you can use that to discover the rest

Wrong, i've discovered almost fuck all in Wrath, and I've not had a proc for 4 days. Starting to wonder if it is bugged?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I'm asking about Burning Crusade discoveries though. I literally have every Wotlk alchemy pattern already.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot
    So I have monstrous OCD and am determined to get every alchemy pattern. I am 11 away and most are in reach...

... except the three TBC discoveries I still need. About 3 months ago, I got my last Wotlk discovery and have been ping-ponging the same primal mana/primal fire back and forth to discover the two TBC xmutes I need with zero luck. I don't care about converting for money as I'd rather always have the primal on me to convert - it helps insure that I do it every day without fail. I have done at least 100 xmutes so far.

I also need one flask discovery and after making an ungodly amount of Major Agility elixirs, nothing.

So what gives? The Wotlk discoveries literally all came in two weeks, but these last TBC ones have been no-shows. Has anyone gotten a TBC discovery recently?
    well, if my experience is anything to go by, I trully wish you better luck than I. During TBC I have made over 5000 potions and had about 5 flask discoveries or so (and not some of the most usefuful ones :S).

It is random and without memory.