Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.1.2 RIP Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    Engineering was alive?
    /THREAD

Hohum on Eng, gonna level JC I think

Mounts and pets were cool. glove enchant was good. Goggles were great until something better came along. Mote extractor? Everything drops motes now...

Stabbycat 80 Rogue - Juggrnaught 80 DK - Dimwhit 80 Lock - Pembrook 80 Drood - Bakhmar 71 War - Baakmar 71 Mage - Wagyu 71 Hunter -- and that's just Lothar Horde!!

in vanilla wow you also had the mindcontrol-hat and the death ray wich could sometimes kill your target instantly, heh

Quote Originally Posted by aovzaphod
    I guess having the best hand enchant really sucks....

I guess being able to extract motes really sucks....

Or making choppahs.....

Or Copters.....

Or repair bots.....

Or Healing/Mana injectors.....

Or Ammo boxes......

Yea, it all seems useless :P Funny thing is, I never used the boots, I use Engineering for the other factors other than an Arena advantage. I hope MORE PEOPLE Drop Engineering, so I am the only one to mine Deconstructor and Leviathan for some nice eternals/titansteel bars.
    As a healer the rocket gloves are useless to me and the haste is too situational to warrant me using that over flat spell power. I already have troll racial berserking for the 'o shi' I need faster healing.

Extracting motes is alright but if I wanted to make money it'd be better if I picked up herbalism. Its a perk.

The roflcopter is nice for pushing me closer to the 100 mount achievement but it doesn't do anything special. Its not faster than other mounts (its slower than my Gladiator mount so I never use it), its a perk.

Making the new bikes doesn't really mean anything. If a guildmate asked for one I'd make it. Its not BoP, if it were it'd be a perk.

Repair bots are nice I suppose but I never make them. Traveler's Mount does it and I don't have to farm the mats.

Healing/mana injectors and ammo boxes are not BoP. If they were that would be a bonus. But they aren't. You don't have to be an engineer to use them; a hunter with JC/LW can get the best enchants / gems from those professions AND use the best bullets made by someone else.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah
    and many various cute things.
    See that's the problem with Engineering. Never a real profession just the bastard child of Blizzard's devloping team. And once it gains any sort of use or vability it's shunned and thrown in the corner.

I guess that's why I like it.

Or making choppahs.....
    Or Copters.....
    Or repair bots.....
    Or Ammo boxes......

Yea, it all seems useless :P Funny thing is, I never used the boots, I use Engineering for the other factors other than an Arena advantage. I hope MORE PEOPLE Drop Engineering, so I am the only one to mine Deconstructor and Leviathan for some nice eternals/titansteel bars.
    Hand Enchant is only the best for a very select few classes. Unfortunately haste is a weak stat for alot of folks. If it had been crit...

Extract motes? No point anymore. They made it so easy to get them that its rarely even bothered with.

Mounts? really? Blizz gives out mounts like candy. Hell tailors can make mounts at this point. I'm sure future patches will give BS Stone horses or some such later.

Repair bots? Yeah.. let me teleport to the repair NPC at the start of Uld real quick. Or hit the guy in the town right outside of naxx. No farming no muss no fuss.

Injectors? One potion a fight... and its something thats countered by simply having bag space to spare. WOW! Huge advatage!

too good was too good.

now its not too good anymore

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

"in soviet WoW players nerf Devs" *moves*

Beta-RIP Engineering

See what i did there?
    Exciting and Dynamic

Unfortunately I won't drop Engineering on my mage for ope that Engineering will be worthwhile one day. Luckily I started Leveling a Pally who will be my JCer lol.

Sure Engineering sucks, but did you guys even read the front page?

"Cool stuff on the way. Hang in there."

They're planning stuff, chill.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini
    Sure Engineering sucks, but did you guys even read the front page?

"Cool stuff on the way. Hang in there."

They're planning stuff, chill.
    What will they add that people will get tired of after 2 days now?

At least my Engineering mounts still count towards 100 mounts after I picked up JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Patch 3.2 Welcome back Engineering!
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    What will they add that people will get tired of after 2 days now?

At least my Engineering mounts still count towards 100 mounts after I picked up JC.
    New goggles? Better enchant/tinker things?

I'm assuming you meant "What will they add that people won't get tired of?"
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by slrockin04

To all the trolls getting out of school at 3pm and being picked up by mom... it was simply a humble advantage we had to you. Ench has ring enchants, JC has prismatic gems, LW a dope enchant for wrists, gathering profs make gold, etc.
    Gee, I wish my ring enchants could be resisted (lightning trinkit) only to be followed by a 3k glove enchant (pyro rockets) wile I was being bursted in a stun. But you're right, no stealth detect on goggles?! HOW DARE THEY!

OP is retarded. i have no doubt this person is the type to reroll toons with every change and jump on every bandwagon that comes along.

I read this as another complaint from someone who had an unfair advantage in arenas taken away.

Sure, Engineering doesn't have much to offer as far as endgame stuff is concerned. That's what happens when new content comes out. 3.2 won't just be welcome back engineering, it will be welcome back BS, JC, Eng, Alch, etc. There will probably be new recipes for a lot of things.

Most of the professions that offer gear of any kind have maybe one or two items that end up being BiS for any class. Otherwise, the gear is basically starter 80 stuff to get you going until you get the gear you need from your endgame content of choice (PvP or PvE).

Or making choppahs.....

Or Copters.....

Or repair bots.....

Or Ammo boxes......
    If by "the best hand enchant" you mean something that is hindered by and hinders on-use trinkets, plus is only about 15 DPS better than an Enchanter-provided enchant...

Yes, being able to extract motes and gain less eternals per hour than straight-up farming elementals sucks.

Making choppers that full well should've been Engineer-only for fucking Jewelcrafters sucks hard, yes.

I don't know of any Engineers that still use their helicopter. Hell, even I don't.

Your guild doesn't have at least one person with the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth? lol

omg an item usable by anyone that saves three bag slots, PROFESSION IS SAVED

omg an item usable by only one class, PROFESSION IS SAVED

You're a fucking idiot.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

You need Engineers to harvest FL, XT and various trash.

+1 Win

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    If by "the best hand enchant" you mean something that is hindered by and hinders on-use trinkets, plus is only about 15 DPS better than an Enchanter-provided enchant...

Yes, being able to extract motes and gain less eternals per hour than straight-up farming elementals sucks.

Making choppers that full well should've been Engineer-only for fucking Jewelcrafters sucks hard, yes.

I don't know of any Engineers that still use their helicopter. Hell, even I don't.

Your guild doesn't have at least one person with the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth? lol

omg an item usable by anyone that saves three bag slots, PROFESSION IS SAVED

omg an item usable by only one class, PROFESSION IS SAVED

You're a fucking idiot.
    I lol'd

So Engineering's back to it's old, useless self. Of course.

After awhile, you'd think people would begin to get numb from Blizzard's bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms iNTER:SEKT
    After awhile, you'd think people would begin to get numb from Blizzard's bad decisions.
    Honestly, if I didn't have so many nearly-impossible-to-replace schematics, I'd drop Engineering like the worthless pile of crap it is. But I've got 2/3 of the MC schematics, almost all of the pre-BC world drop schematics, and all of the BC rare-drop schematics. Too much time and effort invested to let it go just because the balancing team at Blizzard are a bunch of PVP-minded fucktards.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara