Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.1.2 RIP Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianas
    LOL, best sig ever

Engi has been crap forever, except for PVE helms for many specs in BC & for arena until now.
    Now it's pretty good for tanks (+800 armor on gloves) and that's all.
    Definetly needs more love.

In the Blue Tracker it was said that some (good?) Engineering changes are going to happen in the future.

Dunno if that means 3.2 (as its a content patch), or the trademarked 'Soon'.

Agreed. Engineering needs a over haul, in my opinion. Why on earth would anyone pick Engineering over something USEFUL like Jewel Crafting, Alchemy or even Enchanting? The Answer is you wouldn't... or at least shouldn't. Apart from selling the 1 or 2 pets you can make and sometimes scopes... there really isn't a lot of options to even make money with the profession. Which is a design flaw, in my opinion.

People can troll all they want but Engineering's only place in this game was really for pvp. It gave anyone who had it an slight edge (if that). Though i totally agree singling out rogues (sometimes druids) with stealth detection is unfair, even if i have no love for rogues. We can debate this all day but fact is PvP was the only thing this profession has been good for, now Blizzard has taken that away, can anyone honestly give any reason why engineers shouldn't be upset over this? Note i'm not saying it shouldn't have happened, just that the way engineering has been left is awful.

When they eventually change how hunters ammo works, i suspect that will become another redundant feature of engineering... making ammo no one wants. Now i don't play a hunter or know anything about them but i suspect most ammo is vendor bought these days anyway.

Theres just such a lot of useless crap in engineering. Blizzard really needs to over haul it, because its got tons of potential as a proffession.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by slrockin04
    It is with melancholy that I begin this thread. I feel that the mayhem is over and the last blow was delivered by Blizz. Today I would like for all of us who dedicated time and gold on leveling a profession we loved. I first leveled engineering on an alt I was leveling during Vanilla Wow. I was leveling a hunter and I was such a noob that all I cared was about the cool looking goggles and the scope that I could add on my bow. I was happy to have a piece of gear on my head slot while everyone else had to wait till the 20s to pick one up. I left the game for a few months about the time TBC was released. I came back only to see people in stormwind rocking these cool looking goggles that had some fancy stats in them. I remember seeing a warrior decked out in plate and wearing @ZOMFG@ tanking goggles. I was starting all over and picked up engineering on that rogue. Come season 2 I loved that I had an edge to some rogues, I had a human racial and goggles that added some stealth detect.

Rerolled out of alliance a few months into s3 and started a huntard. BM was amazing those days and again I leveled engineering for the advantage to hunting rogues in bgs/arena. I thought of tanking and rolled a tank a UD dude that looked ultra badass with Engineering adn Stormherald (BS when it was cool). My toon looked soo cool when I was pvping I had a glossy big hammer that stunned people along with a talent that allowed for more stuns.. oh yea and some sick goggles for my two specs. Next came a Paladin, I was burnt out with needing to CC every mob and their mom during heroic runs (yes, at one point warriors needed all kinds of CC to avoid wipes); a Paladin was the ideal choice to be switching between healing/dps(oh yea ret sucked back then)/tanking aoe!! So another toon rolls out of the create a character screen, his name was Foreclosure. Man I was soo excited to have JC and Engineering at 70.. but WOTLK came out and I had to sacrifice engineering to lvl mining and my JC. I knew id level engineering again. So, a few weeks ago after farming bars and mats for engineering adn saving money for the stuff i was too lazy to farm, I went 1-450 in 3 days. I was soo happy to have rocking goggles again.

Unfortunately Engineering became crappy early in the game. The goggles were replaceable with 25s that were easily cleared, I mean Naxx is srs bsnss right? lol. And now... Now we have rocket boots that dont work, Goggles that dont detect stealth, a trinket that got nerfed to the ground, and only fond memories of what we once enjoyed.

With all four toons with engineering I feel the pain of 3.1.2

To all the trolls getting out of school at 3pm and being picked up by mom... it was simply a humble advantage we had to you. Ench has ring enchants, JC has prismatic gems, LW a dope enchant for wrists, gathering profs make gold, etc.

All I got now is the ability to make stupid scopes and a set of goggles that will be replaced soon.

With regret I now ask you to join me in this day of mourning. The profession we loved no longer fits any aspect of the game
    Sorry but the rocket boots were more powerful then you think, they were far more powerful then old school Perception. How they lasted this long is beyond me, they tried and tried to balance it but as we all know movement speed in the arena are super touchy. Blizzard stated that they did not want any one profession to be completely dominate or required for Arena/Raiding. Rocket Boots were just overpowered no other way to describe it, Overall i think when people like you try to play down how powerful items like Rocket Boots and Engy Goggles were you are doing more to proove how unbalanced the items were.

When 90% of the top arena players are all Engineers you have to question you validity, look at your post and wounder "How stupid does he think we are?"

You Sir, obviously fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    Eng does not have the best hand enchant.

Mote extractor is a +.

Goggles are crappy

and the rest you mention are crap.

Eng is useless except for the mote extractor.
    Engineering does have, by far, the best tanking enchant on gloves.
    And i've still not yet found a mount as fun as my roflcopter or as awesome as my chopper.
    The goggles are well, crappy, i replaced mine with the blue tanking helm from nexus :-\
    MOLL-E is amazing for long farming sessions (I sell grey crap on my mammoth and when my bags are full of w/e im grinding, i mail it to my back char) or when you just can't wait till after the raid with seeing what is in your mailbox.
    The gnomish engineering things are still quite fun, but the 1 hour cooldowns are annoying
    I love nitro boost when pulling (do note i don't have them on my main tanking boots, that would be stupid) stuff and it backfires, leaving healers staring at what used to be a tank and is now a puff of smoke.

It's dead. The end. R.I.P.

Friends I know are dropping it as we speak to level something else. If they keep this up I predict engineers will become a severe minority. Of course you'll always have a few die hards that will hold on to it til they die.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdjrkns
    Of course you'll always have a few die hards that will hold on to til they die.
    sounds like me ;D
    465/450 engi with most patterns and i refuse to let go. i would really like to see some pve engi love. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Wartrin
    You mean Vanilla WoW, right? Like early in game, circa 2004 or 2005. When all we had were explosives or vanity pets. Or the shrink ray. Or did you mean when BC first came out, when there were no goggles or epic guns or mounts.

Oh wait, you mean now. Right. Engineering is dead now. With the mounts, and mote vaccuum, and decent starter epics and pretty decent hand "enchants" and the bullets and arrows. Still using the stupid tanking gun too. Yeah, it TOTALLY sucks now. Man, we should mourn this, the fourth or fifth death of engineering. You're right, I'm wearing an armband to work today.

/vote for Electroshield 3.0
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Wartrin
    You mean Vanilla WoW, right? Like early in game, circa 2004 or 2005. When all we had were explosives or vanity pets. Or the shrink ray. Or did you mean when BC first came out, when there were no goggles or epic guns or mounts.

Oh wait, you mean now. Right. Engineering is dead now. With the mounts, and mote vaccuum, and decent starter epics and pretty decent hand "enchants" and the bullets and arrows. Still using the stupid tanking gun too. Yeah, it TOTALLY sucks now. Man, we should mourn this, the fourth or fifth death of engineering. You're right, I'm wearing an armband to work today.
    this guy speaks the truth.

I hope you never actually thought engineering was above and beyond all the other professions... from the start of WoW it was THE profession to lose money in and get nothing out of... even enchanting was slightly better at making money than engineering.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOX1
    "in soviet WoW players nerf Devs" *moves*
    for that to be true, couldnt it also read

In soviet wow nerfs game players.

I like not having to beg in /2 for someone to unlock the boxes I find. My 25 isn't giving up the engineering!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================