Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: divine plea macro

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    the only divine plea macro that shud be used is this

/cast divine plea
    /cast arcane torrent

tho i dont use it as arcane torrent (silence/mana regen) is situational in a diferent way divine plea is
    Divine Plea triggers the GCD, therefore this macro will never cast arcane torrent. A spell that triggers the GCD will prevent any other spell from being cast after that spell, even if that spell is on cooldown. It does not matter if Divine Plea is cast or on cooldown, since it would trigger the GCD it prevents arcane torrent from being cast.

Thats totally wrong

Things that are off the GCD can be cast no matter what the state of the GCD is, thats the point of them being off the GCD
    Otherwise what would the point be in off the GCD interrupts? If you couldn't use them after say Sinister Strike or Fire Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Thats totally wrong

Things that are off the GCD can be cast no matter what the state of the GCD is, thats the point of them being off the GCD
    Otherwise what would the point be in off the GCD interrupts? If you couldn't use them after say Sinister Strike or Fire Blast
    It is not wrong, that is how macros have worked since 2.0 was released. You do not have to believe me. Make the macro and try it, it does not cast anything other than Divine Plea.

How you cast spells manually and how macros respond to the GCD are separate issues.

Found this on the forums yesterday

/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    #showtooltip Crusader Strike
    /castsequence reset=2/combat Crusader Strike, Divine Plea
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by waldina
    It is not wrong, that is how macros have worked since 2.0 was released. You do not have to believe me. Make the macro and try it, it does not cast anything other than Divine Plea.

How you cast spells manually and how macros respond to the GCD are separate issues.
    My old Divine Plea macro:

#showtooltip Divine Plea
    /cancelaura Divine Plea
    /cast Divine Plea
    /cast Arcane Torrent

Casts DP and AT without fail every time

Although I've stopped using it in favor of having AT separate for better control, it still works perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    My old Divine Plea macro:

#showtooltip Divine Plea
    /cancelaura Divine Plea
    /cast Divine Plea
    /cast Arcane Torrent

Casts DP and AT without fail every time

Although I've stopped using it in favor of having AT separate for better control, it still works perfectly fine
    Thanks Xs, You are, of course, correct. There is a specific loophole around the GCD stopping spells in a macro. This is related to the fact that macros are not actually executed in true sequence.

You can cast on Instant cast spell that triggers the GCD followed by instant cast spells that are off the GCD, such as:

/cast Divine Plea (Instant, GCD)
    /cast Arcane Torrent (Instant, No GCD)

The following would not work:
    /cast Flash of Light (Not Instant, GCD)
    /cast Arcane Torrent (Instant, No GCD)

or:
    /cast Holy Shock (Instant, GCD)

or:
    /cast Flash of Light (Not instant, GCD)

I'm not the dirty, filthy Horde so I couldn't originally test with the actual Arcane Torrent ability. Sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by waldina
    Thanks Xs, You are, of course, correct.
    Had to be quoted for truth :P

The macro works in exactly the same was as if you click them separately, at the same time though something like

/cast AT
    /cast DP

would have the exact same effect, and would work with cast time spells (divine favor/illumination + holy light)