Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Razorscale Sentinals and Enrage

@ OP and everyone else, from our experience in ulduar 10 so far (which were only doing to get the proto drake )
    the enrage timer has been set (dunno when) to 15 min.
    when we did iron dwarfs, medium rare, 1 of our tank said "she's gonna enrage next time she lands so i'm going just going to eat, brb"
    in the middle of the fight.
    When he came back, around 4-5 min later we were still killing dwarfs

and 10 man hardmode timer has been set to 10 min, from our experience.

When we were doing the medium rare achievement razor enraged at 15 minutes for us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinius
    When we were doing the medium rare achievement razor enraged at 15 minutes for us as well.
    Thanks Divinius and Trickie, that's what I was looking for. Good luck with your achievements, both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    <sigh> OK, I'll go over this one more time:

RZ has 3,900,000 HP.
    50% of that is 1,950,000.

Assuming 5 DPS (we don't have the flexibility to bring 6 on a whim and we do NOT have any shammys that run with us regularly. Reasons vary, but we have what we have) each person needs to do 390,000 damage to bring her down to 50%.

30 seconds = 13,000DPS
    60 seconds = 6500DPS
    90 seconds = 4,333.333DPS
    120 seconds= 3250DPS.

If you see a flaw in my numbers, please correct them.

So I'm not throwing numbers out randomly. With a shammy, we were < 1% away from having her down in 3 (in fact, she hit 50% due to dots in the air, so as soon as she touched down next time she was loose).
    Going with 3 healers is the right way for progressraiding, dont listen to ppl saying "RZ EZMODE; JUST BRING 1 HEALZ0R"
    First of all i would seriously recommend that you get a Shaman, the dpsboost is priceless.
    You should remember that your healers and tanks can dps in groundphase aswell.
    As a holy paladin myself i pull around 1200 DPS (Blowing CD's which u all should anyways), and i guess tanks should be able to do 1500-2000 each.
    That's another ~7000 DPS, and then you should definatly be able to do it in 3, if not 2
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    Going with 3 healers is the right way for progressraiding
    2 healers with 1 DPS who has a healing spec as dual spec and fitting healing equip, IMHO. 3 Healers is overkill on some fights.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I can't really say for the enrage timer, never had trouble with it and haven't done the hard mode.

As for the boss mechanic, I'm going with there isn't one. Unless you can come up with a hypothesis or statistically significant figures, we have no reason to believe there is a hidden mechanic.

And as for people not answering your questions, re-read your OP. If you had left out all the information about your wipes and how many times it took you to bring her to phase 2, people wouldn't have gotten confused. A simple "Hey, we noticed a variance on enrage timers and had big guys spawn oddly" probably would have produced better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    Going with 3 healers is the right way for progressraiding, dont listen to ppl saying "RZ EZMODE; JUST BRING 1 HEALZ0R"
    First of all i would seriously recommend that you get a Shaman, the dpsboost is priceless.
    You should remember that your healers and tanks can dps in groundphase aswell.
    As a holy paladin myself i pull around 1200 DPS (Blowing CD's which u all should anyways), and i guess tanks should be able to do 1500-2000 each.
    That's another ~7000 DPS, and then you should definatly be able to do it in 3, if not 2
    You are right. Bring three healers, but one healer can go DPS for this fight (dual spec) or just DPS in heal form. You don't need 3 healers for RZ if people stay out of the blue fire. We choose to have the holy priest stay holy, but DPS when not healing for fun. If a healer is running late, we will 9 man this with only 2 heals. Haven't tried it a DPS short though
    "Peace is a lie"