Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Minor JC Nerf inc next patch

Quote Originally Posted by meowfecta
    I wonder if this will drive the price of Purified Twightlight Opals?!???
    Then they'll nerf the AH

omfg i just leveled JC 1 week ago... grmbl grmbl great waste of time and gold :-(

QQ inc:

As a player who have both engineering and JC this is a slap in the face. Over the course of a couple of weeks, all money and time put into skilling theese two proffessions obviously has been a total waste.
    I don´t know what others think, but so far Wotlk has imho been nothing but a waste of time and constant updates with only more disappointment to bring to the game.

With that said, what is the purpose of this nerf?
    Are the stats avalible through JC too many, compaired through other proffessions?
    If the stats are indeed too powerful, why not simply just reduce the stats?

and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

Here's so much fail in this thread, cant refuse to prove some people wrong anymore.

@the people saying, "its now more in line with other profs":

No, its not. The nerf is coming with the next major patch (3.2) which will also introduce epic quality gems for every tard outthere.

Please explain how "idiots who can't play the game correctly" caused this change, I see no causation between the them and the JC nerf. The change to JC isn't breaking the game, it's balancing a profession that was clearly OP. You're just upset because you leveled JC for it's clear advantages and now it's equivalent to the other professions.

Do you have any clue about game design? Game balance?
    I didnt use the word 'casuals' or 'noob' for a reason- so I'll use casual instead of "idiots who cant play the game correctly". Its not like people who dont have a clue about minmaxing, people who refuse spending some time into the game, people who cant play the game and actually understand it did cause the nerf .... just wrong right? Like 90% of everything is happining in WoW.

Instead of buffing other profs, they nerf prismatic gems (which are now in the game for like 3 years).

We lose 3 socketbonuses and 1-2 gem spots to activate our meta gems.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess I don't fall into this boat of the gems being worthless. I currently have two +int yellow and one +spell red for my priest. They are using the socket color and the belt socket. I don't have any blue sockets but if I did I guess as a priest the +int +sprt green gems or the +stats would works just fine.

Its the same as in tbc everyone in a hardcore raiding enviroment changes their prof to reflect the OP prof. It was Enchanting for the rings and LW for the drums. Then it went to JC/BS combo. Just funny to see clothies roll BS/LW for those OP items but can't use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahno
    QQ inc:

As a player who have both engineering and JC this is a slap in the face. Over the course of a couple of weeks, all money and time put into skilling theese two proffessions obviously has been a total waste.
    No, they still provide bonuses. Just not the OP ones you were going for.

JC gems are balanced against epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    AoC and WAR called, they wanted to say LAWLS.
    Except the fact that Aion is already released in Asia and its booming, nearly 3mil subs and Taiwanease retail servers arent open yet - not even talking about EU/US etc. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091
    the dragon's eye prismatics was the only bonus the profession had. now it's worthless, and next minor patch blacksmithing will be worthless when they remove being able to equip extra sockets on your gear.
    you still have dragon eye's, they're just not prismatic (so you get additional socket bonuses + not having to use inferior gems in some sockets), so if you're a str based class you still currently get 33 more str than someone without jc

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091
    the dragon's eye prismatics was the only bonus the profession had. now it's worthless, and next minor patch blacksmithing will be worthless when they remove being able to equip extra sockets on your gear.
    Really? The stat bonus for the Dragon's Eye are equivalent to the stat bonuses of the other professions. Or are you looking for additional bonuses? Leatherworking and tailoring only get cheaper leg enchants, the stats are the same as those without the profession. You get to save about 100g every time you enchant your legs, what a buff! Or how about enchanting? You can enchant your rings and ... no other bonus. Cool! Inscription gets out of grinding Hodir rep, looks OP to me!

Face it, JC is still a good, no great profession. You get the same bonuses as the other professions but have more options for those increased stats. It's the same with the extra sockets for BS.

For those that do minmaxing this is indeed a difference, atm it is pretty much in line with other profs like enchanting (+38 sp for casters on rings)
    Now perhaps a few of you say "but those gems give like +96 sp", yes they do but remember to remove the +19*3 and that leaves +39 sp over 3 gemsockets. When the epic gems arrive there will probably be about 23-25 sp on them which means the distance will shrink even more.

Just my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohn
    This is a good change because it was retarded for Blizzard to "balance" professions and still leave one as the best for PvE...
    That statement would make sense if Blizzard hadn't just recently in the last major content patch buffed Tailoring from totally useless in PvE to even better than Jewelcrafting for DPS spellcasters.
    Malfeas - 80 Human Mage

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    @the people saying, "its now more in line with other profs":

No, its not. The nerf is coming with the next major patch (3.2) which will also introduce epic quality gems for every tard outthere.
    Citation needed.

Currently there is a minor JC nerf with the introduction of the unique equipped Stormjewel. However, this could be easily fixed by giving the JC the ability to re-cut the gem with slightly higher stats.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    Instead of buffing other profs, they nerf prismatic gems (which are now in the game for like 3 years).

We lose 3 socketbonuses and 1-2 gem spots to activate our meta gems.
    I agree that it would have been better to buff the other professions instead of changing JCs. It was an opportunity to make make the professions less homogeneous. Unfortunately, it's much easier to change JC to bring it in line with the other professions than change all the others.

So this means...

Jewelcrafting - Now Balanced
    Blacksmith - Balanced
    Enchanting - Balanced
    Tailoring - Balanced
    Leatherworking - Balanced
    Alchemy - Balanced
    Inscription - Balanced
    Engineer - LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by cramtod
    Currently there is a minor JC nerf with the introduction of the unique equipped Stormjewel. However, this could be easily fixed by giving the JC the ability to re-cut the gem with slightly higher stats.
    Assuming you have more then 3 gem slots and your gear (and everyone does) the stormjewel is in no way a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Danketsu
    Tailoring - Balanced
    Why is Tailoring balanced when it gives the equivalent of ~65 spellpower, and JC only gave about 50?
    Malfeas - 80 Human Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Coolernl
    Same, it seems i'm doomed...

I level up paladin because retri was sick, boom nerf
    I level up arcane mage because arcane was sick, boom nerf
    I finished leveling to 453 (gnome) engineering, boom nerf
    Now i've just leveled JC to 401, boom nerf

ffs

Um, maybe that's what you get for going with the FOTM in every single possible way?

Things go in cycles; something becomes op for a little while, then it gets nerfed and something else becomes op for a while. Expect it. Nothing will stay OP forever (except maybe rogues...). Just roll the class/profession you like, and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danketsu
    So this means...

Jewelcrafting - Now Balanced
    Blacksmith - Balanced
    Enchanting - Balanced
    Tailoring - Balanced
    Leatherworking - Balanced
    Alchemy - Balanced
    Inscription - Balanced
    Engineer - LOLOLOL
    In essence, yes. Some things are partly higher then others but the difference isn't as great as it was for JC.

I had held out from changing one of my mains professions over to JC because the WotLK content was so easy even when JC had many apparent benefits in t7. Now, there's certainly no reason to take one prof over the other.

I'd enjoy seeing an increase of the "Unique (3)" to the Dragon's Eye cuts, maybe to 5. Or at least let us tap into the Blacksmithing market and be able to add an extra Gem socket to rings or necklaces, because that just doesn't make any sense (/sarcasm).

O... I c wut u did thar, Blizzard. You are being sneaky and are going to introduce Epic JC trinkets in 3.2, you sly devils. /speculation

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    Tailoring provides the equivalent of 60+ static spellpower through Lightweave Embroidery.

250/3 = 83.33 SP, -23 haste (enchant cloak greater speed).
    Good point.

So either Tailoring > JC or JC > Tailoring depending on gear (pre JC-nerf).

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Assuming you have more then 3 gem slots and your gear (and everyone does) the stormjewel is in no way a nerf.
    You're right, brain lapse on my part.