Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Upcoming Jewelcrafting Change

ok next content patch is for october / november...
    way of pissing me off.. hope they dont fail with the retribution overhaul..

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I was an alchemist/engineer, I just dropped alchemy last week for jewelcrafting, been a bad two weeks for me.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I would much prefer the gems have been nerfed to blue quality stats but stayed prismatic. Still would've sucked but I liked the socket bonuses and not worrying about using random blue/green/yellow gems to get bonuses on my gear.

"omg JC is so terrible now". I just can't believe you guys really said that.
    Unless JC is on par with the current engineering, SHUT THE FUCK UP. please.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    Please Aion, come faster - I'm speachless already, Blizzard died for me, as a proper game designer.
    agreed.

wtf? this change is useless, it will make jewelcrafting worthless.
    everybody dropped tailoring/engineering and rerolled jewelcrafting and now 3 months later they are nerfing it? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The point still remains. You registered just for that too. Wow, what a waste of a database entry.
    Exactly, that's how blatantly ignorant I found your post to be.

Oh, and this new Axe I just grabbed is useless. I mean seriously, what the hell is the point from even equipping it? Other than that stat difference of my other one and aesthetics?

Hey, what's the point of picking up this shitty profession called 'Mining' ? Other than mining and the +50 stam?

Asking the point to something and then mindfully discarding the MAIN POINT of that something and then using the lack of answers after that fact as proof of that something's uselessness is likely a symptom of a mental disorder - count your chromosomes, buddy.

15+ Year Old Account

Wonder what will happen to the +stat gem, since its also "prismatic"

Quote Originally Posted by goldworld
    "omg JC is so terrible now". I just can't believe you guys really said that.
    Unless JC is on par with the current engineering, SHUT THE FUCK UP. please.
    Ok, for like the 10th time now for you tards.

The nerf is coming with 3.2, the patch where epic gems are introduced into the game. JC will be providing less +stats than any other prof with this patch cause epic gems will be avaible for everyone and his mother.

i always thought the jc gems worked like they did (working in all gem slots) cus of future epic gems.

if im not misstaken, statswise like enchants on rings or sockets with blacksmith, wont jc be the worst when epic gems pops up?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    The nerf is coming with 3.2, the patch where epic gems are introduced into the game.
    Source for that 'fact' ?

Quote Originally Posted by raawow
    agreed.

wtf? this change is useless, it will make jewelcrafting worthless.
    everybody dropped tailoring/engineering and rerolled jewelcrafting and now 3 months later they are nerfing it? wtf

useless in that it will be the same as every other profession

TOTALLY USELESS!

15+ Year Old Account

i don't understand the complaints. i see why everyone originally took jc it means you dont have to think about what gem to put in each item of gear to make a meta requirement or to see if the socket bonus or just a raw gem would mean more stats.

my only jc is my priest, so maybe i'm lucky. my gear has lots of yellow and red sockets with an occasional blue. i can use intel for yellow, spell for red, and push comes to shove spirit in blue. even the mutt gems like green spirit/intel works just fine for one slot. and don't forget you still have two prismatics the +4 and +6 stats.

everyone is complaining that they are adding epic gems in 3.2. from what i know about that patch it is primarily the pvp patch. they only raid they are adding is the new OS raid. and even if they add epic gems (usually only +1-3 stat increase) what makes you think they will not add new prismatics, or JC only gems. say one that takes the blue quality gem + dragon's eye to create. or even new JC only mutt gems that are green, orange, and purple.

just wait see what happens, and l2socket.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If they release non-jc epic gems aside from the stormjewel in 3.2 without releasing new jc-only epic gems of higher stat values it'll be time to reroll blacksmithing so I can shove more epic gems in my gear

If you're going to min/max, you're going to pay the price. You don't roll JC and expect it will be better then everything else forever. Min/maxing doesn't work that way.

Deleted

im glad that they are nerfing JC since its kinda wrong when half of the server is full of JC'ers and gem prices nonexistent and other half is random professions.

Guys please think logically for a minute. Yes it sucks that JCs won't get free socket bonuses or meta gems now, but you are making this change out to be more then it is.

Epic gems will close the gap between JC gems and regularly available gems. Yes
    But this is in 3.2 and no one knows what will also change at that time. Think about it.

Will there be JC only epic trinkets? Most likely

Thats 1 point for Jewelcrafting because most other professions (aside from engineering and alchemy) won't have an epic bop item. So JCs are ahead there.

Will the arrival of epic gems preclude them from making any (JC only cuts)... no.
    The problem is easily solved by introducing a new JC only gem when epic gems are released, or just make it so JCs can cut Perfect epic gems for themselves with buffed stats compared to normal epic gems.

Before WOTLK hit, when people saw the beta patch notes, they thought Tailoring would be a horrible profession too because it didn't get any +stat bonuses, and it only had cheaper leg enchants for themselves and a cloak enchant. Now people have realized it is just as good as the other professions.

Please stop whining and threating to quit or reroll based on one change which is part of a much larger unknown patch.

Good thing rogue t8.5 has no blue sockets. Seriously, none.

Hah. But honestly, what a bunch of cocks.
    Wedge: "You know, the Imps on Coruscant used to call two Corellians together a conspiracy. Three they’d call a fight."
    Corran: "More fools they, then. Any Corellian knows three of us together is a victory."

I'm a jewelcrafter and have to say it makes sense - JC was the most powerful profession for PvE because of the free socket bonus+meta activation. Now it is about on par with the other professions. Sucks to be nerfed but I get it.

HOWEVER - if they add better gems without adding better JC only gems that will make blacksmithing OP.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe they'll stave off the possible slew of blacksmithing rerolls by making those extra glove/bracer sockets only capable of holding non-perfect green gems heh.

I think that the stomjewels are the only epicgems we're going to get this time. In TBC they appeared in BT, so Id expect them to come with Uldu if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassShardx
    Guys please think logically for a minute. Yes it sucks that JCs won't get free socket bonuses or meta gems now, but you are making this change out to be more then it is.

Epic gems will close the gap between JC gems and regularly available gems. Yes
    But this is in 3.2 and no one knows what will also change at that time. Think about it.

Will there be JC only epic trinkets? Most likely

Thats 1 point for Jewelcrafting because most other professions (aside from engineering and alchemy) won't have an epic bop item. So JCs are ahead there.

Will the arrival of epic gems preclude them from making any (JC only cuts)... no.
    The problem is easily solved by introducing a new JC only gem when epic gems are released, or just make it so JCs can cut Perfect epic gems for themselves with buffed stats compared to normal epic gems.

Before WOTLK hit, when people saw the beta patch notes, they thought Tailoring would be a horrible profession too because it didn't get any +stat bonuses, and it only had cheaper leg enchants for themselves and a cloak enchant. Now people have realized it is just as good as the other professions.

Please stop whining and threating to quit or reroll based on one change which is part of a much larger unknown patch.
    I honestly wouldn't be suprised by Blizzard if they gave Jewelcrafting epic trinkets and made them BoE. Since every other profession has all BoE's.