Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Upcoming Jewelcrafting Change

Upcoming Jewelcrafting Change
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.

[...] Nerfs are rarely (if ever) something that returns positive feedback, but we feel this change is necessary to bring this profession more in-line with the bonuses from the other professions. The stat bonuses are meant to stand on their own, not provide extra socket bonuses or ignore meta-gem requirements.

Re: Upcoming Jewelcrafting Change

that sucks

What's the reasoning behind this?

Quote Originally Posted by Symz
    Think they realised far to many people were changing professions just to get those eyes.

Also, now all Engineers and Jewelcrafters will be equally pissed.

w00t ???

15+ Year Old Account

I think its a resounding agreement this is the worst decision Blizz has ever made regarding anything in the history of this game. Please don't say it is so....Please change your minds....
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

LOL big deal you have to change 1 gem to get your meta and maybe you lose a socket bonus here or there.

It's so OMG game breaking it causes physical RL pain lol

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

... This is a serious kick in the nuts.

Inc stealth nerf to lightweave embroidery

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Just wait, next they'll take out LW leg armor embossing...

Start stockpiling ores, once epic gems hit, Jewelcrafting becomes the worst non-gathering profession in the min/max sense, and Blacksmith is King Fucking Kong.

wow....this sucks...and i didn't even realize i'd lose my meta until someone pointed it out. i was concerned about losing a socket bonus<_<

but logically speaking... it makes sense, and it doesn't.
    It makes sense if you take into account the JC gems when compared to blue gems have an equal bonus as any other profession...
    But it doesn't make sense as once 3.2 hits, the JC gems are going to be inferior. And provide nowhere near as much of a bonus as the other professions...

This is jewelcrafting... if a jewelcrafter can't have a metagem what the f#^@ is the point of that?

Very irritating and unnecessary change.

Change chaotic skyflare requirements please then I won't care so much.
    "Got my teacup here, now all I need is a tea bag"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emperor/simple

that really sucks .. the greatest boni of jewelcraftig was that the Dragon Eyes Matches any color ...

goodbye 21crit /3 crit meta ... it was a nice time with you but i think didn´t socket 2 blues as a retri paladin ....

Great way of destroying JC with he arrival of epic gems. Without the matching socket bonuses JC will be the worst non-gathering profession.

Please Aion, come faster - I'm speachless already, Blizzard died for me, as a proper game designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Symz
    JC gave a larger bonus than any other profession because of the prismatic gems. now it's on par with the other ones (tailoring might be the best now)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze
    Start stockpiling ores, once epic gems hit, Jewelcrafting becomes the worst non-gathering profession in the min/max sense, and Blacksmith is King Fucking Kong.
    "In the next content patch Blacksmithing sockets will now all be hexagon shaped and only fit triangular gems we know no one can make them but there is a rare drop from the Time-lost Proto Drake that you can put in there"

I laugh at Blizzard's continued failure of balancing professions.

god i love blizzard i drop engineering to level jewelcrafting and 3 weeks later i get to drop jewelcrafting to level blacksmithing GG

WTB vendor that buys professions so i get my gold back -_-