Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Engy and now JC whos next?

    Well it hasent even been a week befor the engy nerf and now JC's get hit with news that they are next.same way without a valid reason or explanation. i hope the players finaly realize that when someone is posting and complaining its not cause they wanna cry they just want a simple answer from a blue post.

    so who do you think is next in this "nerf all profs beat down"?
    what profs are the dev's using right now so i can roll those and be safe.

  2. #2

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Blacksmithing

  3. #3

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Seriously, what's wrong with BS now? It's underpowered, nothing BOP, only "real" benefit is our two lousy sockets. :<
    While this post appears to be written in frickin' sanskrit, I'll try to make a sensible response.

  4. #4

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    Seriously, what's wrong with BS now? It's underpowered, nothing BOP, only "real" benefit is our two lousy sockets. :<
    Those two lousy sockets and better then other profs for many classes. Not by much, but still better.

  5. #5

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Those two lousy sockets and better then other profs for many classes. Not by much, but still better.
    They're supposed to be different, and by being different, i mean being better in some situations than others, like pallies going for BS/JC cause they use plates and the bonuses are really flexible, or the Casters going for JC/Tailoring, cause they like the proccs from tailor and JC is good, or having Hunters rolling LW/Inscript for fur linings and shoulder enchants to get higher AP, it depends on your class, if every job had the same effect, it would be better to have this as baseline instead of job only benefit.

    Also, if all jobs had the same advantages, how you would know who thinks and who just pick the first job they see?

  6. #6

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    Seriously, what's wrong with BS now? It's underpowered, nothing BOP, only "real" benefit is our two lousy sockets. :<
    Two lousy sockets.

    Say 5 sockets in X gear for say X class - Given Strength.

    Simple scrub: 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 = 80 Str

    JCer: 27 + 27 + 27 + 16 + 16 = 113 Str

    LOLBSmith + Epic gems out = I give you, the lousy sockets.

    20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 140 Str

  7. #7

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Two lousy sockets.

    Say 5 sockets in X gear for say X class - Given Strength.

    Simple scrub: 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 = 80 Str

    JCer: 27 + 27 + 27 + 16 + 16 = 113 Str

    LOLBSmith + Epic gems out = I give you, the lousy sockets.

    20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 140 Str
    i like how you use rare gems with your jc example but epic ones with your bs one

  8. #8

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bals
    i like how you use rare gems with your jc example but epic ones with your bs one
    I'm sorry, how rude of me.

    27 + 27 + 27 + 20 + 20 = 121.

    Hope you can someday forgive me.

  9. #9

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bals
    i like how you use rare gems with your jc example but epic ones with your bs one
    that actually helps further his point though. even with epic gems, BS isn't really all that much further ahead of JCs with their prismatics+blue gems and nonJC/nonBS with just blue gems.

  10. #10

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by IamTheJesusMonk
    that actually helps further his point though. even with epic gems, BS isn't really all that much further ahead of JCs with their prismatics+blue gems and nonJC/nonBS with just blue gems.
    i love how people are so extremely short sighted and just want to cry about something that was blatantly better than most other professions finally got nerfed back in line with the rest. you think blizzard will just let bs become overwhelming better from epic gems? chances are you will be able to get better ring enchants, better shoulder inscriptions, better lw wrist enchants, and *gasp* better jc gems

  11. #11

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bals
    i love how people are so extremely short sighted and just want to cry about something that was blatantly better than most other professions finally got nerfed back in line with the rest. you think blizzard will just let bs become overwhelming better from epic gems? chances are you will be able to get better ring enchants, better shoulder inscriptions, better lw wrist enchants, and *gasp* better jc gems
    Who's crying? just pointing out BS is not a bad prof.
    There's a 27 Str difference with blue gems and a 19 with epics, I'd say for min/maxers that's a lot.
    Speaking of solely rare gems Bs falls behind only 1 point.

    Yet, min/maxers must already have both Jc and BS which would give up to 161 so it doesn't matter right.

    Point is, BS doesn't suck, and if it does suck, it does as much as any other proffession - now they all give the same except maybe for Tailoring for casters.

    Inc nerf? I hope not, I didn't like the JC nerf yet I'm not a selfish bastard to cross fingers and bitch to get another prof less valuable just because I didn't take it.

  12. #12

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    it seems ppl havent learned yet.by asking who is next i didnt wanna triger another
    "no! my proffesional buff is not better than yours so i should not get nerfd".its just about seeing what trade will probably be next. all them numbers was posted when engy got nerfd and everyone pointed at JC. now blizz hits and jc and we point at BS then chain needs 2 stop. this aint about whos OP its about blizz nerfing our trade skills claiming EVERYONE in the game rolled a prof to be OP in PVP or that was the best bonus at the time.
    ever stoped to think some ppl actualy rolled a prof to fit the char they played since befor all the WOTL Buff bull.

    casters picked tailor/enchanter- not for fancy ring enchants and cloak embroidment.but cause there was some crafted gear that was made for each spec and they could DE extra cloth for mats.

    plate users? Blacksmithing/mining-back in the day there was armor and weapon smiths.you dps? yo roll weapon.tank? roll armor.

    HERB,SKINNING,mining= some ppl actualy dont wanna make stuff and they just wanna sell mats and get gold

    Not all players are master minds picking the best combo of racials,trade skills,class to win some dumb rating number in your arena mini game that you wanna balance everything around.



  13. #13

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Who's crying? just pointing out BS is not a bad prof.
    There's a 27 Str difference with blue gems and a 19 with epics, I'd say for min/maxers that's a lot.
    Speaking of solely rare gems Bs falls behind only 1 point.

    Yet, min/maxers must already have both Jc and BS which would give up to 161 so it doesn't matter right.

    Point is, BS doesn't suck, and if it does suck, it does as much as any other proffession - now they all give the same except maybe for Tailoring for casters.

    Inc nerf? I hope not, I didn't like the JC nerf yet I'm not a selfish bastard to cross fingers and bitch to get another prof less valuable just because I didn't take it.
    Epic Gems are unique, you can only have one. Point is, BS doesn't suck, and if it does suck, it does as much as any other proffession EXCEPT ENGINEERING WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT

    fixt.

    Also: The JC nerf is semi-warranted as it gave an additional bonus. For shaman/paladin healers and dps'ers, blue sockets are almost never gemmed properly (unless needed for meta requirements) as stamina and mana 5 are useless stats. Dragon's Eyes let you get the socket bonus as well as meta requirements without sacrificing good stats for crappier ones.

  14. #14

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    JC is not only about the actual gems. The prismatic gems give you the possibilities to get most if not all socket bonuses and u don't have to lose stats by going with a orange or purple gem. Just think a little before posting. JC right now is the best proff for most classes, the 2nd one varies.

    Even though I despise the fact they are taking off the prismatic effect, I can see why they are doing it. They don't want everyone to be a JC, like how it is now. More than half the people in my guild are JCers because it is the best one out there, while other proffs are being put aside. It's like when a classes becomes OP, what happens? They get nerfed. Except this time, we all get nerfed.

  15. #15

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkffiv
    Epic Gems are unique, you can only have one. Point is, BS doesn't suck, and if it does suck, it does as much as any other proffession EXCEPT ENGINEERING WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT

    fixt.
    he was making the point that when (if) the true epic gems that are successors to the rare gems come out BS will become much better than the other profs (besides possibly lightweave enchant). He's not referring to the unique(1) gems you get from the fishing daily

  16. #16

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Look if you just got a tiny amount of common sence you can see why jc was nerfed. Ench, bs, jc, lw, inscrib all give a stat boost of either 32 or 33. But JC used to be better then all of them because you could get the 33 stat bonus AND get the socket bonus just like that and on top of that you could get any meta.

    Blizzard has said again and again that they want you to roll a proff because of eiher rp reasons or because or think its fun and not like ench and lw were in tbc because they were the best.

    As you can see the 5 proffs are now almost equal and JC is no longer the natural choise for min/maxers. About engi, tailoring and the gathering proffs they still dont gor the same stat benifit but its just like with talents some got basic damage some got utility, you may think that to YOU some part of a proff is useless but it could have some kind of use for somebody else and to be honest you can gather all the mats to level a proff in a few days and change it in a matter of hours so its not like you are stuck for ever, if you realy have a problem with jc, engi or what ever then just get another its not that hard. And if its you because you dont feel like it then its your problem not the game.

  17. #17

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    Look if you just got a tiny amount of common sence you can see why jc was nerfed. Ench, bs, jc, lw, inscrib all give a stat boost of either 32 or 33. But JC used to be better then all of them because you could get the 33 stat bonus AND get the socket bonus just like that and on top of that you could get any meta.

    Blizzard has said again and again that they want you to roll a proff because of eiher rp reasons or because or think its fun and not like ench and lw were in tbc because they were the best.

    As you can see the 5 proffs are now almost equal and JC is no longer the natural choise for min/maxers. About engi, tailoring and the gathering proffs they still dont gor the same stat benifit but its just like with talents some got basic damage some got utility, you may think that to YOU some part of a proff is useless but it could have some kind of use for somebody else and to be honest you can gather all the mats to level a proff in a few days and change it in a matter of hours so its not like you are stuck for ever, if you realy have a problem with jc, engi or what ever then just get another its not that hard. And if its you because you dont feel like it then its your problem not the game.
    Look if you just got a tiny amount of common sence you can see that if you nerf JC another proff is gonna replace it as the choise for min/maxers.

    Blizzard wants me to roll a proff i think is fun and not OP like enchant and LW in tbc.sweet i took up JC back in TBC instead of the OP ench and LW.what me and the rest of the JC in TBC knew about the buffs and all rolled on it to be OP in wotl and arena?damn we got busted.

    now like you say a proff can take a few days to level and im sure the mini/maxers blizz is hunting down will do it to get that edge in arena and the game.im sorry for whoever has the same proff as them cause your the next nerf target.

    to the ppl saying the epic gems are coming out during the same patch as the nerf.the epic gems will be the same stats or better than our JC only Dragon's eyes?
    guess it dont matter cause even if they the same dont that mean we just lost our "JC only bonus"

  18. #18

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    First time poster(last time poster too), just have to vent, (sorry), I'm tired of it all...This pisses me off..lots of time and energy and cartoon money gone to waste. I'm starting to hate this game. I hate the fact that i have to look up a website to see change after change to stay on top of my hobby. A hobby shouldn't piss you off. If it does maybe it not a very good hobby. It's there game and we don't have to play it. To set a goal for yourself and accomplish it, like leveling a profession, and then have it screwed with so you felt like you made a bad decision. You look back at the time and resources you used to succeed in that goal and call it a waste. That bothers me. The fact that it bothers me, bothers me. You don't give a kid a toy and then take it back. Everybody can choose what 2 professions they want to do. You look at what will make you a better player. I see it as this, nothing was wrong with JC, there must be things wrong with the other professions, give to them and not take from others. I wish they would just leave the the game alone and not mess with it. With every addition they make to it seems to involve taking away. Just try and let a few weeks go bye without nerfing and buffing. I'm really thinking of quitting over this.(yes i know it sounds childish). It must not be a very hobby.
    Please no need for mean comments I just needed to let that out for some reason.

  19. #19

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Probably nothing, there is no profession with a lasting benefit other than Jewel Crafting.

  20. #20

    Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNOX1
    Look if you just got a tiny amount of common sence you can see that if you nerf JC another proff is gonna replace it as the choise for min/maxers.

    Blizzard wants me to roll a proff i think is fun and not OP like enchant and LW in tbc.sweet i took up JC back in TBC instead of the OP ench and LW.what me and the rest of the JC in TBC knew about the buffs and all rolled on it to be OP in wotl and arena?damn we got busted.

    now like you say a proff can take a few days to level and im sure the mini/maxers blizz is hunting down will do it to get that edge in arena and the game.im sorry for whoever has the same proff as them cause your the next nerf target.

    to the ppl saying the epic gems are coming out during the same patch as the nerf.the epic gems will be the same stats or better than our JC only Dragon's eyes?
    guess it dont matter cause even if they the same dont that mean we just lost our "JC only bonus"

    If you rolled JC for fun and not because its über awesome, what are you whining about?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •