Poll: Should all snares be homogenized to a 10s duration 50% snare?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

POLL: Would you like to see all snares normalized?

Would like to know what youz think about the current state of snares.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Re: POLL: Would you like to see all snares normalized?

Let me point out what everyone might be thinking: Chains of Ice.
    Kick a CD on it or DR, cause spamming it is kind of rediculous
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

the real problem with chains of ice is the insane range on it.

I played a DK for some time and CoI isn't really spammable.

It uses 1 ice rune which means that if you use it you can't use 2 of your 3 DPS abilities.

You can't use your icy touch which adds a dot needed to increase your oblit, scourge stike, and blood strike... which doesn't matter because you wont even be able to use any of those attacks (except blood strike) without an ice rune any way.

But I agree that DKs are still OP in pvp and needs to have some of their close-ins/anti-caster abilities nerfed.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    I played a DK for some time and CoI isn't really spammable.

It uses 1 ice rune which means that if you use it you can't use 2 of your 3 DPS abilities.

You can't use your icy touch which adds a dot needed to increase your oblit, scourge stike, and blood strike... which doesn't matter because you wont even be able to use any of those attacks (except blood strike) without an ice rune any way.

But I agree that DKs are still OP in pvp and needs to have some of their close-ins/anti-caster abilities nerfed.
    Death runes and the glove bonus make it spammable. As for the damage argument, how much damage is that melee you are chain slowing doing? That's right, zero.

If this goes through, CoI will be changed into a ranged root, not a 50% speed reduction.

We have desecration, glyph of heart strike and chillblains for that effect.

Make your pick, I'm sure you'll prefer it the way it is.

If CoI is changed into a ranged root, it will have DR

I would gladly prefer it this way
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    If this goes through, CoI will be changed into a ranged root, not a 50% speed reduction.

We have desecration, glyph of heart strike and chillblains for that effect.

Make your pick, I'm sure you'll prefer it the way it is.
    It would also have a CD and or DR. I would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazznor
    It would also have a CD and or DR. I would love it.
    It already has a CD. it's called frost runes.

Diminishing returns are the least of your problems, cause once you're rooted, you won't move, and the DK will already have snared you, which in turn will glue him to you.

Currently, the DK cannot apply his 50% snare on you, as long as more then 5 seconds are left on CoI's timer.
    Ofcourse, a skilled DK will make sure to snare you once he has the chance.

But still, if you manage to get out of range before that point, or dispel while his required rune is on cooldown. You can still run.

If CoI is effectively a root, he will apply his snare to you from the start, lowering your chances of getting away.

Long story short?
    Nothing will change, and you'll still cry for CoI nerfs.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    It already has a CD. it's called frost runes.

Diminishing returns are the least of your problems, cause once you're rooted, you won't move, and the DK will already have snared you, which in turn will glue him to you.

Currently, the DK cannot apply his 50% snare on you, as long as more then 5 seconds are left on CoI's timer.
    Ofcourse, a skilled DK will make sure to snare you once he has the chance.

But still, if you manage to get out of range before that point, or dispel while his required rune is on cooldown. You can still run.

If CoI is effectively a root, he will apply his snare to you from the start, lowering your chances of getting away.

Long story short?
    Nothing will change, and you'll still cry for CoI nerfs.
    The problem with this so called CD on CoI is that you can get death runes, for 4X CoI + glove procs for endless snaring on multiple targets from range. If it becomes a root, then it either gets a cast time, a 20+ second CD , or becomes FU instead of just F. ANY of those is preferably to the current implementation where DKs can control any melee with ease simply by spamming CoI. Hell, I would even be happy with it being restricted to one target. The control that DKs bring with CoI alone is ridiculous

Also there is CoI glyph which gives you damage not so bad than icy touch -.-
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Jerazznor
    The problem with this so called CD on CoI is that you can get death runes, for 4X CoI + glove procs for endless snaring on multiple targets from range. If it becomes a root, then it either gets a cast time, a 20+ second CD , or becomes FU instead of just F. ANY of those is preferably to the current implementation where DKs can control any melee with ease simply by spamming CoI. Hell, I would even be happy with it being restricted to one target. The control that DKs bring with CoI alone is ridiculous
    Have you also considered using said death runes on CoI disallows us to use our most powerful abilities. With other words, we're not doing much damage, just auto attack and disease ticks.

I have no issues with CoI becoming restricted..

But you're really turning a fly into an elephant.

A warrior can piercing howl and slow 5 or more opponents, and immediately unload his rage on his target, a DK has to wait for his rune to refresh after using it on CoI.
    Please look at this situation from our perspective for a change. It's not as simple as you think it is.

They will never undestand. All they see is them being snared all the time. Just like what you see when
    you are up against a warrior - rogue - feral druid - mage etc.

I enjoy spending my time stunned and disarmed.

Lots of fun.

You don't see me complaining. It's part of the game, learn to play, instead of crying for the game to be changed into your favor.
    And suck it up.

Wether I'm a DK or not, has nothing to do with this.. I played a feral(!) druid in vanilla. I played an affliction(!) warlock in TBC.
    I've had my share of underdog moments. The fact I'm currently playing a powerful class doesn't take away I've been sucking up so much shit since vanilla WoW.

I suggest you all do the same.

No, snares are fine. (maybe CoI is overkill)

Lets compare the best 3 snares in game

Frost Trap - Undispellable AoE slow, needs to be activated by trapping, can miss/ressist, long cooldown, it is strong but also fine.

Hamstring - 50% slow, must be in melee range, 25% chance to root for 5 sec, 1 global cooldown.

Chains of Ice - Spammable ranged snare, 100% -10% a sec, dispellable.

Cripling Poison - Auto applies, dispellable, must be in melee range, no dispell ressist.

Snares are fine, if you have trouble with snares as a hunter l2use Masters Call, eventhough it might bug... but that is not snares being OP, it's your ability being buggy lol.

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

I also think there isn´t anything needed to be done against snares atm. CoI is extremely annoying and could use a little modification to it, but other than that, npvm!

Oh, and remove DKs from the game, thnks! ;D
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

No bias in the poll whatsoever

btw: I was against normalization when I was playing a warrior in tbc.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

I think all class would be normalized and every1 will have same spells with same dmg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth
    I think all class would be normalized and every1 will have same spells with same dmg!!!
    Four classes.

Warrior
    Rogue
    Mage
    Priest

Spells:

Warrior:
    -Taunt: Taunts the target and its allies to attack you for 30 seconds. 30 seconds.
    -Shield Slam: Causes damage equal to your shield block value.

Rogue:
    Sinister Strike: Causes moderate damage to your target.
    Backstab: Causes major damage to your target, must be behind the target.

Mage:
    Fireball: Causes major fire damage to the target.
    Immolate: Causes moderate fire damage to the target, and additional fire damage over 15 seconds.

Priest:
    Flash Heal: Heals the target for a small amount.
    Greater Heal: Heals the target for a huge amount.

Now, that's more like it. Two spells per class.
    And only one class for each role. This is balance, people.