Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Moonkin tier 8 stil has spirit why?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    For me the spirit based gear is quite good. ATM i have about 2360SP unbuffed ( moonkin form ) 440haste and 22% crit chance ( also moonkin form ) all with 3/5 25man set items.
    I still need to get crit rating gear and ill be ok. But yeah, spirit is good for moonkin, i think with 5/5 and some Ulduar 25man items u should have about 2500SP unbuffed, with 23-25% crit chance. So i dont really know why do you think spirit is bad for us?
    Its all right there in your post. Spirit is good but you *need* more crit. Spirit is a great stat to have instead of nothing but its much worse than just about anything else.

The excuse for having spirit on everything is that other classes need it and we have to share gear because they don't want to itemize for 30 different specs. There is no excuse for putting a stat we don't want or need on our tier set that is exclusive to our spec.

Funny how you get called a troll and immature when you are clearly trying to have a civil discourse, but I guess arguments don't work on you.

I do admit I did not intend to elaborate as much as I did in this thread; my initial comment was just a reaction to the seeming sentiment in this thread that druids are getting treated worse than everyone else while they actually have a pretty sweet deal going.

But alas, this is the druid forum so I'll bow out respectfully now before I get accused of worse things by this particularly overwrought druid.

BLIZZ never pay much attention on spi.

evenif in balance talent we get profit of spelldmg from spi ,only we care about is

spelldmg /hit/haste/crit

the spi junk on t8 because of blizz class set.poor druids.
    the Boomkin,the berserker

Because itemization.

Complaining about your dreams of perfect gear is like complaining that you personally can't one shot mobs. Get some depth perception.

Medium9

Well with my gear in moonkin form i get about 170SP from spirit, don't know if that is any good but i like for now it is ok by me. With addition spirit you can take off some points from mana regain talents and use it for something else and with new innervate you should now get about 80% or more to your mana, since fight lasts to 13min max then u can use it 2x, that will take care of mana issue.

I know we are losing crit strike rating and i am pissed about it ( lost about 3% ) but i hope blizz will soon fix it and it will according to new patch ( moonkin patch ). Since our dps is mainly based on how lucky you are with eclipse this will get us little more dps ( i really hope ), and since u cant stack haste like crazy coz of GCD ( well at least for wrath ) then better to stack SP atm and then when blizz decide that they wont make any new patch for druids drop some of that gear and take new. And if you raid that wont be a prob....

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth
    The excuse for having spirit on everything is that other classes need it and we have to share gear because they don't want to itemize for 30 different specs. There is no excuse for putting a stat we don't want or need on our tier set that is exclusive to our spec.
    ^
    this

I understand they wont do special off-set leather stuff for moonkin without spirit.. Even when there is Hit on it they want it to be useable by resto druids too (sigh).

I'm ok with that (well.. I try)

but there are only 5 pieces of equipment that are supposed to be designed specialy for us. That's our t8.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

They will never ever remove the spirit from the gear so stop hoping. I'd say to stop complaining about it too, but I can't ask for everything.

We just have to accept that they are going to let us sit in a place where spirit is pretty terribad for us until they can figure out how to change spirit itself while making sure its benefit is still...beneficial.

They've said it before; I read it on the front page, like, a week or two ago.

They want us to want spirit, so they are forcefeeding spirit as a broken stat to us early while they try and figure out how to fix it so that we want it.

Hm, 30% from spirit to SP sound's crazy but it's ok for me, you agree that we dont need that much mana for fights ( only for General ) so stacking intellect like crazy to get few 1% to critical strike is way to stupid. Then haste, you know there is such thing as lag? So even if u get your wrath to cast in 1sec it will never be 1sec cast coz of that. That is also stupid to do, and to "sacrifice" your entire built to get your SF to cast few ms faster is also stupid.

Then u cant compare critical stike rating to spirit, as same as u cant comapre it to stamina, str, int and those stuff. Why, well you get critical strike chance from intellect and from critical strike rating ( about 46CSR = 1% crit chance ), and not every item has CSR it on. You can get 5/5 t8 set items and all other stack up with csr and you'll be fine.

You don't need spirit for innervate, but u need it to have some mana regain during trash fight, so with more spirit you are getting faster mana, more SP and up to 3 free talent points. I think 3 free talent point + Sp + faster mana regain is better then to stack intellect, wait for weeks for some good item with CSR/haste, lots of intellect and no spirit drops.

But im to tired to think now, haven't had any sleep for 2 days....

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    While actively "stacking" int isn't such a good idea, right, I still have no complaints about int at all for us. I like it to be honest. It's clearly not a DPS stat, but it does contribute too. It even does so a little less than spirit, but int grants such a varirety of benefits (crit, maxmana (=reg for mana4crit and replenish), mp5 in case of DS, SP and even contributes to OoC reg) that make it a well rounded stat, we just couldn't do well without. Actually, int is for us what Blizzard want's spirit to be!
    I also don't have complain against intellect, but on every T8 item you are getting INT, STA and SPI exept leggings u don't get SPI ( so i would take them from vendor for emblem of conquest and get 2xgem slot spirit, stamina and intellect on them ). Yeah we got much less crit strike rating ( i think we get only about 130CSR = 3%crit strike chance ), but well...
    I agree INT get u benefits but the thing is you get it on every T8 gear item, so you wont lose it, you will only have it more, or im wrong. So whats wrong with having some 200 more spirit from set gear?

Misinformed. Lag does not interfere with chaincasting anymore since some patch during late BC. They made GCD related things to be handled by the client, where it was serverside before. While you might not see your casting bar reacting, you still can cast. This wors so well, that even a lag bubble of 2s during SF chainig is no harm to DPS. It only comes into play if the lag is longer than one entire cast, which means that you would need lag of >1s to affect your DPS when casting haste-capped GoN'ed wraths. If that is the case, I'd strongly advise you to change your ISP or get your configuration right.
    Im not sure about that, but ill take your word for it....

True, I cannot compare spirit to stam and str. This is because stam never was a DPS or reg stat (which spirit wants to be both), and str just does not exist for moonkins. But I CAN compare it to other things. Especially SP, because spirit just IS SP right now, just only in a very inefficient package. I also CAN compare it to int, because int DOES provide DPS related stats as well as manareg. And I CAN compare it to crit, since crit ALSO is DPS and manareg. The only quirk might be with haste, but because I can compare SP or crit with haste, I can use these as a connection to compare spirit with haste just as well.
    Huh? What's the point here?
    No u cant comapre stats like INT, SPI, STR... to critical strike rating ( well INT gives u a little % to crit rating ) simply because Critical strike rating is like a "bonus" stat u get on gear, it can be AP, Haste, CSR and other, so u cant compare % in itemization points.

Actually, no. First, you should only go for 4/5 T8, because it only is good becasue of the bonuses. The last piece - regardless which you chose - has a much much better counterpart (usually in form of cloth) somewhere in the WoW world. Secondly, stacking crit is not going to get you anywhere. It always is the mix of stats, whereas it currently looks like this:
    Get hitcapped, have ~25%-30% crit (with talents and raid-buffed), get as much SP as you can, get haste-soft-capped. Stacking stuff with crit (and probably spirit...) is not really the best way to optimally do this.
    I know, and i wont go 5/5 t8, i will take Legwraps of the Master Conjurer ( but i still dont know if its a ood choice ). And that is what i was saying, u need mix of stuff, so if u can get all you said, 25%-30% crit ( raid buffed ), haste and other, why is so harm having additional SP, mp5 from spirit?
    Erm... you're joking, are you? If not... I don't know...
    I know Ulduar is not like Naxx where you can spam Hurricane and lose mana in 40sec, but well if u dont have a need to sit and eat every 60sec coz u are out of mana, well im ok by that.

But just not during bossfights, where I might needed it - but I DON'T! And I'll repeat this until it sticks if neccessary.
    Well u don't so what?

Which costs four times as much as just direct SP...
    Well it doesnt since you have it on gear and u dont pay for it....

NO FFS! *sigh*
    what?

I really hope that a good night's sleep will help you Sweet (emerald) dreams!
    well it's not i still need to do lots of things before sleep, probably won't hit lala land in some 10 hours

An: Becuase Moonkins must generaly suck in game, its bizniss logic from Blizzard Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by toson
    BLIZZ never pay much attention on spi.

evenif in balance talent we get profit of spelldmg from spi ,only we care about is

spelldmg /hit/haste/crit

the spi junk on t8 because of blizz class set.poor druids.
    I figured I just had to grace this thread ... and this was the post that made me almost cry laughing.

Okay ... okay, I'm back. This thread is one huge-gantic QQ thread over Spirit itemization alone. This thread is currently overshadowing the overwhelming issue of Moonkin's going for cloth gear over leather gear. I read a few complaints to that; but, I keep reading this massive "SPIRIT ON MAH GER? ... TEH FUX!?" Ghostcrawler has said it again and again. It is not an issue with the gear, it is an issue with the way in which we prioritize stats. Thus, we will most likely see an increase in Spirit's value before we see spirit be removed from our gear. Also, it is a completely false argument to whimsically think that Blizzard will simply replace Spirit with Spellpower/Crit/Hit stats. Stop and think for a second that the mechanic isn't simply in there for its general purpose of MP5, but as a small additive. It is well known that cloth gear outweighs our tier set at the moment. This is why they add tier set bonus' ... This whole game is a give and take system. When they give us something, they generally force us to use it. SooOOooo I guess I just don't see where this thread is going other then to collectively say that Spirit is < Spellpower/Crit/Hit (a pretty handily understandable statement), and Cloth > Leather atm (also a pretty handily understandable statement).

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    I know we are losing crit strike rating and i am pissed about it ( lost about 3% ) but i hope blizz will soon fix it and it will according to new patch ( moonkin patch ).
    How are they fixing the crit?
    "Peace is a lie"