Druid/arms warr comp

Hey, one of my first posts. I usually read alot on these forums, but I rarely post something My bro and I are thinking about making a 2v2 team!

my only experience from arena is season 2 warlock/rogue team. I've done a few arenas in wotlk too, moonkin/moonkin in season 1 (very fun burst tbh) and a few moonkin/discopriest.

I don't got any resi gear atm *blushes* but! I want to sort out what spec to go for, before starting to craft/farm something. My current Feral Gear is 5/5 valorous and mostly naxx25/ulduar 10 fillers. In that gear my stats is: 22k Health, 48% crit, 6,6k AP and 33% dodge (kitty).

And the Balance gear stats: 17k life, 19k mana, 2200 spp, 24% crit (Moonkin). Obviously my brother would gain alot more of the feral spec (5% crit, heal 4% on crits, slowed targets as the list goes on...) However, I'm not a really good feral in pvp. My playstyle is a hybrid of clicker/keybinds on vitals.

And that leaves resto obviously, I don't really got any kind of resto gear except some deadly part or two from voa, mixed with my balance gear. I'm a pretty good resto if not as good as balance it's atleast pretty close.

Now, I'd like to get some constructive hints and criticism at this post I'm sorry for the feared "Wall of text" and poor grammar (I'm 16 from sweden, it's 3'o clock in the morning and I'm bored^^).

posts I'd love to not see, is "amg clicker burn", "wall of text crit mmo-champ readers for over 9000", " get a life", posting here kind of hints your also a player. Oh, and try keep to the topic and not focus too much on the gear except wich would be easiest to pvp in. Specs can also be sorted easily So, fellow druids, help me out so I can start facerolling in arena like everyone else ooh... wait... thats just dk's and pallas^^

Well, anyhow. Some nice hints and tips on wich spec to choose would make me a happier druid. my Armory is
    -->http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&n=Haibara<--
    tank gear *blushes* the feral dps gear is kind of the same except weapon: black ice, rings, trinkets and cloak/neck.

"Wall of text SOWWI ><"

Re: Druid/arms warr comp

the only viable comp as warr/druid is Arms/resto
    feral is out of the question, balance might work if played very skillfully

if your opposing team notices you have LotP buff then they will go straight for your warrior, and since he has 0 survivability, unless he turtles, that makes it worthless to go double dps, since you will just lose dps for a tank
    Resto has the biggest advantage in combination with a warrior, Resto druid/Arms warrior is the highest represented 2v2 team in S6, so my best advice is.... go as resto,

other then that, try to lose the clicking unless you have absolutly no choise, PvP is really awfull if you cannot react at the proper moment and still keep your mobility.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Ah, ok. thanks for the fast reply, clock is pretty much And about the clicking :-[ actually I find resto easiest to click with, because of the low ammount of spells needed to cast so I'll try to sort that out asap =p

Any "needed" gear parts before arena (except pvp trinket)? like x ammount of resi preffered before going. And any usefull tips on the playstyle? please reply if time

Try to go with resto

I myself run the same comb atm and it's rather easy. Both classes work well together and are probably a little OP right now.

Feral PVP has always been pretty hard. And while Ferals are pretty decend in double DDs (if played right) Warriors simply arn't. They provide way to few utility and are very easy to control and CC. The burst might be high, but is nearly impossible to setup. Feral is pretty decent in some double DD setups, but not with arms warris

Moonkin is pretty weak in pvp right now. They can do loads of damage if left alone. So nobody lets them. When any decent melee sits on you, you can't do anything usefull Moonkins are also more dependend on LOS than most other casters.

That leaves us with resto. Control, mobility, heal on the run and great survivability. Thats all you need.
    I suppose you have access to at least Naxx25 healgear. So get some hatefull parts for Valor badges, Resil insignia + WG resil trinket. Add some "welfare" nonset epics and you are good to go. I started this season with nearly BiS resto pve gear, added some pve epics + resil enchants + sockets. We pretty much played 1850 without difficulties. (me with ~ 500 resil, pve specc and glyphs)

This week we reached 2050 for shoulders, and decided to stop there. And believe me it wasn't really hard. We basicly loose mostly to our own mistakes. The usual "Damn i didn't see the priest coming" and "Oops rouge got me in caster form with trinket CD".

As for pvp speccs, i run 2s with 27/0/44. It proviedes enough healing power, nice extra dps and mp5. The specc is also a blast in BGs But be warned, most druid/warr prefer a deep resto build. I think it depends on your playstyle and the enemy comps you encounter most.

I hope i could help you. If you want to know anything special feel free to ask.

Here's my armory link for further reference (logged out in pvp specc and gear)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nyxia&n=Kaylon

Greetings from Germany. Wooo nearly 4 am ... i probably should catch some sleep.

So ok, playstyle.

I usually start prowling in cat. If there is a feral/rouge i immediatly switch to ToL and put rejuv on me (abolish if rouge). When the other team closes in you know their stealthy is in position so get some more hots rolling. Your Warri schould position himself a good distance away and in LoS of you for a charge.

If you face range DDs you will most likely be pillar hugging to avoid damage/CCs.

WIth low resilience you will loose a lot to double DDs, especially Rouge/Mage. Against other double DDs play carefully. Always start the battle with as much HoTs rolling as possible.

Some special note on DKs: While most unholys can be outhealed rather easy, have an open eye for frost DKs. Their burst is just insane. Against DK teams you will taret switch even more than against any other teams. A Dk can protect is teammate extremly well. So if you go for the healer distract the DK elsewhere (if they are bad). Go for cyclone if he is in Los of his healer and roots if he is not
    Sounds simple but it really isn't ^^

Warlocks: don't ToL ofc. And make sure to never ever get low on health. That fancy WL Execute is just insanely strong.

Over time you will get a feeling when to use ToL and when not.
    Never get caught by melee DDs in Casterform.
    Learn to use your CC ofc
    Help your warri when he is being kited, and throw in some extra nuke when the time is right.
    But all that is a matter of experience. I personally love to watch Arena live streams and Videos. You can often learn some really cool tricks and tactics there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara
    Ah, ok. thanks for the fast reply, clock is pretty much And about the clicking :-[ actually I find resto easiest to click with, because of the low ammount of spells needed to cast so I'll try to sort that out asap =p

Any "needed" gear parts before arena (except pvp trinket)? like x ammount of resi preffered before going. And any usefull tips on the playstyle? please reply if time
    a pvp druid has few healing abilities, but put all their pvp utilities and spells in a bag, and you will soon find out that you will need a bigger bag...

anyway, even though they have few healing spells, you still need to be really mobile, since a druid is based on healing while moving.
    staying out of trouble by running around/rooting/ccing, and while doing so throwing a few hots here and there.
    it isnt being able to do them easy with clicking, its being able to do them all at the same time.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9901

something like this is a good spec i reckon. you can always switch Living Seed with Starlight Wrath for some extra burst.

Ahhh start of the specc discussion

I personally would drop Natures Grace for Natures Reach The extra reach helps A LOT!

Also Living Seed and GoteM are not necessary for 2s. But i think it's a good start for new players. Faster HoT stacking and extra healin on Seed proccs allow a lot more mistakes and are nice o top up targets with low resilience.

Btw Glyphs:
    Swiftmend is a no brainer. It's just mandatory.
    Nourish is really nice. Barkskin is great with low resilience to survive your first rogue stuns

Thanks alot for all the nice replys! this is why I love mmo-champ and we're still w/o troll in this thread ftw! :P sorry for my slow response but I was writing a newbie guide for balance since I found the current a but annoying to follow, and kind of limited. really nice to have one though, no offence And please don't get too serious about spec questions so early, I still havent taken a good look at it xD thanks for all tips though. some really nice things mentioned. Doubt I'll get any sleep anytime soon with all this fun

how does this look? http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6&version=9901

other then that, try to lose the clicking unless you have absolutly no choise, PvP is really awfull if you cannot react at the proper moment and still keep your mobility.
    I know a really good clicker (disc priest, 2100+), but yes, it's less efficient

And yes, go resto

Thanks alot for all the nice replys! this is why I love mmo-champ and we're still w/o troll in this thread ftw! :P sorry for my slow response but I was writing a newbie guide for balance since I found the current a but annoying to follow, and kind of limited. really nice to have one though, no offence And please don't get too serious about spec questions so early, I still havent taken a good look at it xD thanks for all tips though. some really nice things mentioned. Doubt I'll get any sleep anytime soon with all this fun

how does this look? http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6&version=9901
    Wild Growth isnt really usefull in arena,
    Brambles is a waste of 3 talent points, you dont have treants and the only time the thorns dmg will really help is dueling a rogue, since it will usually be either dispelled or to little dmg to make any difference

Ok I'll take that into consideration, thanks. I was just thinking the fast heal of WG ticking every sec would be somewhat usefull?

Ok I'll take that into consideration, thanks. I was just thinking the fast heal of WG ticking every sec would be somewhat usefull?
    since your focussed on 2s, it costs to much mana
    you got swiftmend+nourish+regrowth for fast heals, it makes a big difference in arena, whoever goes oom first will usually lose
    unless your a holy paladin wich seem to be able to stay on 25% mana forever...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6&version=9901 or should I get either Tranquil Spirit, or Revitalize? Revitalize seem quite nice. But I have no idea how usefull it is. And tranquil spirit kind of only apply to nourish in 2v2 atleast.

The community is rather torn on the specs atm (deep resto or IS build).

Druid/Warrior is probably the most defensive team in arena, ever so I would suggest deep resto. Improved barkskin and natural perfection are just too good of talents to skip. Wild growth is very situational but awesome when needed when your warrior is taking heavy damage for the quick healing and extra umph on nourish. GotEM is a pretty mixed bag to some but I can't imagine playing without it. Druid pvp healing is all about casting a few instants and then back into travel form pillar humping, the less time I spend in caster form the better. ItoL allows a little more liberty but still NS/HT/REJ/SM is really just massive healing in 1.3 seconds with 5/5 GotEM when its clutch time.