Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Is 135 Haste Better than 153 Spell Power...

As deep desto, SP is better than anything else and as far as the other stats are concerned, haste, spirit and crit are roughly equal.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Spell Power is itemized at 1 SP = .85 iLVL points (rough enough for my numbers)
    Haste is itemized at 1 = 1.
    Thus 19 x .85 = 16.15, and thus why you always gem SP.

"Blah blah blah haste says 1.56 and sp says 1.34 so obviously haste is better."

16 x 1.56 = 24.96
    19 x 1.34 = 25.46

Owned.

For those who care, SP Scaling / Other Stat scaling < .85 is when you change to the other stat.

So as a test:
    1.34 / 1.56 = .859, thus SP is better.

If Haste somehow became amazing...

1.34 / 1.65 = .812, Haste is better.

AS OF THE WRITING OF THIS POST (May 24, 2009), THERE IS NO GEM STAT FOR ANY WARLOCK SPEC BETTER THAN SPELL POWER

/wins thread
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberryx
    Yeah. Right now I'm stacked SP. But I just want to hear opinions about upgrade some haste that's all.

Here's a question for you...

Considering the fact that I have amassed a lot of hit gear, I've been fortunate enough to be able to equip with Embrace of the Spider and Illustration. With Embrace of the Spider I get to 2800 SP and I'm still hit capped. If you're in my shoes with 2800 sp, do you go Deep Destruction with improved soul leech or with suppression? Notice if I go with improved soul leech I have to replace Embrace of the Spider (98 SP) with Living Flame (107) to be hit capped. I would also have to equip Levitan's Fuel Manuel (OH) with Plasma Foil (MH) instead of the Rapture. This would bring my spell power down quite a bit. Its like a 150 sp loss just to have improved soul leech.

So would you go with high spell power, glyph with Life Tap, Incinerate and Conflag + suppression or would you go with improved soul leech glyphed with incinerate, conflag and immolate?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ht&n=Tonberryx

Don't give up haste for spellpower. Don't use a Firestone, especially if you have the talent in Demo that gives you 240 haste, or 1xx crit rating. You get like 8% haste, vs 5% crit, yes, your 10k incinerate crits will do 100 more damage, but 3% haste will still offset this....and if both of those hits crit.

If you can find gear with both haste and crit, great, but if you have a choice between the two, take the haste.

Hit > SP > everything else

If hit is capped then

SP > everything else

/endthread
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Rule of thumbs,never gem pure hase or crit gems.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    Don't give up haste for spellpower. Don't use a Firestone, especially if you have the talent in Demo that gives you 240 haste, or 1xx crit rating. You get like 8% haste, vs 5% crit, yes, your 10k incinerate crits will do 100 more damage, but 3% haste will still offset this....and if both of those hits crit.

If you can find gear with both haste and crit, great, but if you have a choice between the two, take the haste.
    It's my understanding that if you do not have Master Conjuror the 1% increase to periodic and direct damage outweighs the hit vs crit consideration. So if you have it, use spellstone. If you don't use spellstone if you are affliction and firestone if you are destruction.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Taken from EJ forums:

For Destro:

Stat Weight
    intellect 0.58
    spirit 0.74
    crit rating 1.04
    spell power 1.54
    haste rating 1.56

For affliction:

Stat Weight
    intellect 0.23
    spirit 0.79
    crit rating 0.85
    haste rating 0.93
    spell power 1.45

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmm
    Taken from EJ forums:

For Destro:

Stat Weight
    intellect 0.58
    spirit 0.74
    crit rating 1.04
    spell power 1.54
    haste rating 1.56

For affliction:

Stat Weight
    intellect 0.23
    spirit 0.79
    crit rating 0.85
    haste rating 0.93
    spell power 1.45
    As said above though, these guidlines differ depending on the other relative stats

I remember seeing somewhere that once you get to about 600 haste it will begin scaling better than SP because of the way coefficients are calculated for locks vs. the standard calculation for haste... of course I can't find the link now. :-[

Any of you theorycraft nerds care to break it down with a nice chart? ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!