Suppression v. Improved Soul Leech Considering Gear Changes

So I posted this in another thread but I'm sure others probably in a similar situation and are trying to choose between these. Here's where I'm at...

Suppression:

If I talent with suppression instead of improved soul leech, my stats are significantly better given the fact that i don't have to equipt a hit trinket. At 3/15/55 Glyphed with Life Tap, Incinerate and Conflag., my stats are as follows:

2743 SP
    20.17% Crit
    446 Haste

Because t8 happens to have a lot of hit and because I'm able to equip Frozen Loop from Hodir, I'm able to reach 2743 sp by equipping both Embrace of the Spider and Illustration. Yet, I I go with improved soul leech I have change the arragement of my gear in order to be hit capped. I have to sub out Embrace (98 sp) for Living Lame (107 hit) from FLame Levitan and I have to equip Plasma Foil with Flame Levitan's Fuel Manuel in order to meet the 14% cap. Thus, bottom line is, if I go with improved soul leech glyphed with Immolate, Incinerate and Conflag, I would have the following stats...

Improved Soul Leech Stats:

2640 SP
    18.46% Crit
    424 Haste

Thoughts? Ideas? I lose 103 SP about 1.6% crit and 20 or so haste just for improved soul leech and glyph of immolate. Is it worth it?

Re: Suppression v. Improved Soul Leech Considering Gear Changes

Well with suppression I presume you will be using LT to stay up on mana. With ISL using LT becomes very very rare, so you can cast instead of throwing away that GCD. Thats the advantage of ISL, you don't have to use a GCD every 20 sec for LT.

I can't say if your stat loss is worth the extra GCD's or not, I suppose you will have to figure that out on your own by testing them out.

I'm kinda having the same problem, but I just prefer the ISL play style so I do that.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

15+ Year Old Account

Drop the points in backdraft backlash (edit: oops, wrong talent).

Gherkin / Rexxar is my character (yeah, my gear sucks, I'm never on during farm bosses these days). I have 2/3 Suppression and full points in Imp Soul Leech.

R.I.P. YARG

Drop backdraft........?
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

15+ Year Old Account

Wrong talent. Meant backlash. My bad.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

You had ISL right? if so throw the lifetap glyph away, pointless like hell.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberryx
    So I posted this in another thread but I'm sure others probably in a similar situation and are trying to choose between these. Here's where I'm at...

Suppression:

If I talent with suppression instead of improved soul leech, my stats are significantly better given the fact that i don't have to equipt a hit trinket. At 3/15/55 Glyphed with Life Tap, Incinerate and Conflag., my stats are as follows:

2743 SP
    20.17% Crit
    446 Haste

Because t8 happens to have a lot of hit and because I'm able to equip Frozen Loop from Hodir, I'm able to reach 2743 sp by equipping both Embrace of the Spider and Illustration. Yet, I I go with improved soul leech I have change the arragement of my gear in order to be hit capped. I have to sub out Embrace (98 sp) for Living Lame (107 hit) from FLame Levitan and I have to equip Plasma Foil with Flame Levitan's Fuel Manuel in order to meet the 14% cap. Thus, bottom line is, if I go with improved soul leech glyphed with Immolate, Incinerate and Conflag, I would have the following stats...

2640 SP
    18.46% Crit
    424 Haste

Thoughts? Ideas? I lose 103 SP about 1.6% crit and 20 or so haste just for improved soul leech and glyph of immolate. Is it worth it?
    Glyph of Immolate is a much better DPS increase than Life Tap, 10% more DOT damage is a lot, and that also increases the damage conflag does.

As for the argument, Improved Soul Leech is a utility spell. It will allow your Imp to keep casting, instead of possibly running out of mana. However, not very likely if you know how to unphase your imp for buffs.

Definatly take the hit. The extra 60 mana a cast on average is nice, and 2% mana for your pet helps his regen, however, you have to run OOM for it to be useful. The ability to swap pieces of gear and keep the hit is critical.. The T7.5 shoulders are a HARD item to upgrade, Helm is ONLY haste so that is a good place to upgrade. The legs from Malygos 25 or Iron Council 25 are awesome to get some of your hit.

Using trinkets to get your hit is a pain, because there are quite a few spellpower trinkets, however, you have to get the hit somewhere!

Here's some optimal gear.

Collar of the Wyrmhunter (Ulduar25, Razorscale) Hit/Haste
    Conqueror's Deathbringer Shoulderpads](Ulduar25, Yogg-Saron) Crit/Hit
    [Drape of Mortal Downfall] (Ulduar10, Iron Council Hard) Hit/Crit, or use the Sarth 2D Heroic Cloak Crit/Haste
    Conqueror's Deathbringer Robe] (Ulduar25, Hodir & Emblem Vendor) Crit/Hit
    [Bracers of Unleashed Magic] (Kologarn, Ulduar25) Hit/Haste
    Handwraps of the Vigilant] (General Vezax, Ulduar25 Hard) Crit, or use the Tier 8.5 Gloves, Hit
    Sash of Ancient Power] (Crafted) Hit/Haste or Belt of the Darkspeaker] (General Vezax, Ulduar25) Hit
    Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster] (Malygos25) Hit/Haste
    Sandals of Rash Temperament] (XT-002, Ulduar25) Hit/Crit, OR Boots of Fiery Resolution] (Flame Leviathan, Ulduar25 Hard) Haste
    Pyrelight Circle] (Ignis, Ulduar25) Crit/Haste and Signet of Manifested Pain] (KT, Naxx25) Crit/Haste
    Flare of the Heavens] (General Vezax, Ulduar25 Hard) Crit/SP on damage, Illustration of the Dragon Soul] (Sartharion25) 200 spellpower on 10 stacks
    If you want trinkets with hit, Elemental Focus Stone] (Auriaya, Ulduar10), Dying Curse] (multiple bosses, Naxx25), Living Flame] (Razorscale, Ulduar25) more hit, but a weaker USE than Dying Curse's EQUIP proc.
    2H weapon, use Staff of Endless Winter] (Hodir, Ulduar25 Hard) Crit
    1H weapon, use Soulscribe] (Yogg-Saron, Ulduar25) Crit/Haste, and Surplus Limb] (Patchwerk, Naxx25) Hit/Haste, but Ironmender] (Kologarn, Ulduar25) Haste is a better offhand if you don't need the hit.
    Petrified Ivy Sprig] (Freya, Ulduar10 Hard) Hit/Gem socket is very nice as well

Hit to cap, Haste, then Crit. A crit is a crit but if the crit comes faster, that's why people choose haste over crit, even though criticals do 206% damage. It's fun having 45% crit rating as 0/41/30 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberryx

2640 SP
    18.46% Crit
    424 Haste

No it's not. If all bosses in Ulduar were 'stand still and nuke fights' I would say yes, drop suppression and go for ISL. But, fortunately, in Ulduar you're forced to run about pretty frequently. These are the moments you life tap and regain consumed mana. Like this, tapping will not be responsible for a dps loss and you can profit from all the, otherwise lost, stats, imp improving talents, shadowfury and maxed range.

As I said before: Simcraft guides us towards the right direction. It's putting it all into context that makes you a good Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    Hit to cap, Haste, then Crit.
    I assume you mean: Hit --> SPELL POWER --> Haste --> Crit
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account

Here's a better idea:

Get ISL AND Suppression by dropping points in Destructive Reach and Backlash.

And at the Ulduar comment - 0/13/58 can successfully drop corruption from the rotation. You should be casting this first when moving rather than Life Tap because corruption is 80% of an Incinerate, but castable while moving.

R.I.P. YARG