Page 1 of 2
LastLast

best partner for Enhacement 2 vs 2 ? ... really need help

What's the most lethal combination for me ... im really need to know !

Thanks for helping :"]

Re: best partner for Enhacement 2 vs 2 ? ... really need help

Quote Originally Posted by zelpidor
    What's the most lethal combination for me ... im really need to know !

Thanks for helping :"]

There's a video on warcraftmovies about an enhance shaman 2v2'ing with a disc priest. Key to it was that the disc priest had to stay in relatively close proximity to the Ehn Shm or risk being focused without a peel (unless wolves are out), but far enough away to avoid getting double-CCed like a fear or what not.

It seemed doable, but the rise of the warriors = downfall for shamans. I remember S5 getting crit for like 10k by a warrior, granted I only had like 350 resilience. As they rise, you fall. Same happened for S2-4. That's about it.

Other than that, you could technically play a dou with either a rogue or an MS war. While I would not suggest pulling a hunter teammate (extremely weak atm -- have my hunt on the shelf), it is probably viable that if you coordinate and play extremely well you could move/cap at around the 2k range with a rogue or warrior. Then again, one of the top teams right now in 2v2 is a rogue/rogue team. Even if people rant/rave about rogues being 'op' -- the ability to coordinate and relay bandages, stun/CC cycles, and focus = extremely difficult.

If you take the double-dps route, props to you. It's a difficult and often frustrating one, but I've found it to leave me saying 'F yeah!' after a good battle versus a healer/x setup. Especially paladins.
    Johnny: Dad! I did it?!
    Dad: Did what?! Cure Cancer?!?!!
    Johnny: Nah; I made the first post on a forum sticky! All shall tremble before me in my awesomeness!!!1!

rogue. definitely.
    sap/blind/hex the healer and burn down the DD. purge HoP. that'S the easiest way to win and the only one I can imagine working against good teams.
    This user has been banned.

I happen to know the best hunter on my server (and very most likely in my realm pool) in person. He says that hunters suck balls almost as hard as in s1-4. I rather believe him than some random blood elf paladin with two accents in his name.

Deleted

Hunters do, indeed, suck at the moment. In our BG a deadly glad hunter stopped playing his hunter in pvp just because they really are that bad.

And for the OP, go with a disc priest. There's a ~2400 disc/enh team in my BG and while the shaman did get vengeful gladiator as enhancement and was argueably one of if not the best enh shaman in EU, it proves that the comp can work. I personally played 2 games against them and even though we're much higher rated, they were far from easy games.

I've been playing in the 2200 to 2300 range and after a LOT of matches, the only successful enhancement shamans I've seen have paired with frost mages. Sounds like a strange comp maybe, but think about it. The two of you charge in together. Sheep one target (the DPS if it's a team with a healer) and then nuke the other. Pop heroism, spirit wolves, mirror images, frost elemental, grounding/tremor, GO! Lots of people don't last very long under those circumstances. As a ret, I can bubble out of the sheep that gets tossed on me, but usually I only have about 3 seconds to save my partner and anything that I do is too little, too late. We win some of those matches now, but it took some practice and very aggressive use of our cooldowns.

If you can convince a rogue, disc priest or good hunter to arena with you then those are your best options.

Just make sure they and you are level headed and patient

Restodruid definately.

play 3's. or 5's.
    sorry...

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    play 3's. or 5's.
    sorry...
    +1..eh... ;(

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by konju

There's a video on warcraftmovies about an enhance shaman 2v2'ing with a disc priest. Key to it was that the disc priest had to stay in relatively close proximity to the Ehn Shm or risk being focused without a peel (unless wolves are out), but far enough away to avoid getting double-CCed like a fear or what not.

It seemed doable, but the rise of the warriors = downfall for shamans. I remember S5 getting crit for like 10k by a warrior, granted I only had like 350 resilience. As they rise, you fall. Same happened for S2-4. That's about it.

Other than that, you could technically play a dou with either a rogue or an MS war. While I would not suggest pulling a hunter teammate (extremely weak atm -- have my hunt on the shelf), it is probably viable that if you coordinate and play extremely well you could move/cap at around the 2k range with a rogue or warrior. Then again, one of the top teams right now in 2v2 is a rogue/rogue team. Even if people rant/rave about rogues being 'op' -- the ability to coordinate and relay bandages, stun/CC cycles, and focus = extremely difficult.

If you take the double-dps route, props to you. It's a difficult and often frustrating one, but I've found it to leave me saying 'F yeah!' after a good battle versus a healer/x setup. Especially paladins.
    Why do you say hunters are weak? Your probably a typical belf male fotm retard, go get some brains please.

Frost Mage and Frost DK seem to be very popular to the dedicated few who still haven't given up on Enh pvp. I presume Mages have very good synergy with our Bloodlust and frozen power (Just shock someone and the Mage can instantly deep freeze). Only downside of Mage/Sham I can see is that Poly and Hex share the same DR... And of course both being very squishy, requiring some sick burst to kill off one target asap. As for DK, I presume it includes a lot of pet/totem stunning, silence and blowing cooldowns for insane burst and perhaps rooting/snaring and peeling the other person off the Shaman. I have no idea about dd + healer combos but I imagine Disco Priests or Resto Druid would work.

As enh+mage i can say: be ready to lose for 90% teams with ToL druid...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

i play together with a retri pala and we are doing quit well... atm we are at 2200 :P

A frost mage ench shaman scared the life out of me last night - I thought np full hots (me druid) including regrowth and if they try to spike swiftmend and NS cyclone sham - one millisecond of me in LOS got me imp CS'd (yes my fault - I thought I could be faster) and poof even with CloS 600 resil guy just dissapears.

My point ? - I only ever got to around 1800-1900 so im not a great pvper - but the burst is only matched by mage/rogue.

IMO, enhance/mage is more burst than rogue/mage. What the rogue/mage team has going for it is control. Yes, they have burst, but it's the way they lock you down that kills you. Enhance/mage has less control and relies on one or two quick CC's and crazy burst. If you live through the first burst of enhance/mage, you're probably going to beat them. If you live through the first burst of mage/rogue, they're probably going to reset the match on you only the second time around you won't have your cooldowns.

1 of these 4:

1 . Death Knight (highly offensive)
    2. Ret pally ( bit more defensive, ret has CD's to use on you)
    3. Rogue ( a very good one or don't bother )
    4. Resto druid ( if you're amazing at Enh, killing healer teams will be very diffucult with this comp )
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho
    IMO, enhance/mage is more burst than rogue/mage. What the rogue/mage team has going for it is control. Yes, they have burst, but it's the way they lock you down that kills you. Enhance/mage has less control and relies on one or two quick CC's and crazy burst. If you live through the first burst of enhance/mage, you're probably going to beat them. If you live through the first burst of mage/rogue, they're probably going to reset the match on you only the second time around you won't have your cooldowns.
    Enhance/mage is not more burst than mage/rogue, unless the rogue in questions happens to have crap gear and is terrible at pvp.

Just stating facts.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

not quite sure about that... esp. after the overkill change, I don't see 2x mutilate + evis do more burst damage than stormstrike + wf proc + LvB + wolves. the difference is that rogues still have stunlock, poisons and blind, ending up much more powerful on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    not quite sure about that... esp. after the overkill change, I don't see 2x mutilate + evis do more burst damage than stormstrike + wf proc + LvB + wolves. the difference is that rogues still have stunlock, poisons and blind, ending up much more powerful on the whole.
    First, bold quote.

Second we don't use LvB

Wolves don't burst, they hit you fast for a small amount--the power of them is from their healing and snare breaks mostly.

Third, Can't proc WF while stunned or cc'd.

Rouges rarely if ever get CC'd and stay that way very long.

If they do they suck and we're not talking about those rogues.

Rogues superior CC allows for much much more free cast time for the mage than an enh could EVER hope to give.

Overall the damage from MR will be much much much higher due to the relative "ease of use" afforded by the comp.